RELEASE: DayZ X [1.8.0.3] [Update: 0.1] |17/02-2014|

1 ... 273274275276

Re: RELEASE: DayZ X [1.8.0.3] [Update: 0.1] |17/02-2014|

Eric the Viking
Hi Slash Ghost,

The zeds falling to spawn after a while is a known issue and there's no current fix. You might also experience loot stops spawning as well.

It's a rollicking good "PVP" kill fest while it lasts though... :)

Re: RELEASE: DayZ X [1.8.0.3] [Update: 0.1] |17/02-2014|

Slash Ghost 25
That's a shame, but thanks for the respond.

And I have another question, do you know of any other good DayZ singleplayer mod that is relatively the same as DayZ X (such as it feeling like multiplayer)? I had been playing the regular DaiZy, but the AI weren't that good and I experienced vehicles continuously spawning (even boats spawning in the middle of a field between Stary Sobor and the Northwest Airfield). I would probably just stick with multiplayer, but my internet has a regular 600+ latency and makes me not only lag like crazy in nearly all games I play but makes me get kicked from every DayZ server I have tried connecting to. I had also tried downloading DaiZy Factions 2017 and DaiZy RSPB Celle 1.7.5.1, but these mods require DayZ Commander, but from what I understand DZC is abandoned and it doesn't work anymore.
This may not be the place to post things like this, but I'm not really sure where to post lol. But I'd be very appreciative if you'd refer me to another good DaiZy singleplayer mod that works relatively well.

Re: RELEASE: DayZ X [1.8.0.3] [Update: 0.1] |17/02-2014|

Eric the Viking
Slash Ghost 25 wrote
And I have another question, do you know of any other good DayZ singleplayer mod that is relatively the same as DayZ X (such as it feeling like multiplayer)?
Short answer - no. Long answer - IMHO the single player experience was more about PVE, with a PVP component and pretty much much all the mods reflect that.

I'd suggest Oliv82's mods if you're interested in a more classic Dayz experience, Haleks Namalsk is a challenge and 2018 is worth a look.

Alternatively (and if you want stay with Arma 2 DayZ mod) you could create your own server and modify it to suit.

If you have Arma 3 create an Exile server - very easy to do and far more supported and thus easy to create the style you like. You can also add zombies (or hordes of them if you like) or aim for a Wasteland style.

Re: RELEASE: DayZ X [1.8.0.3] [Update: 0.1] |17/02-2014|

Slash Ghost 25
Alright, I'll probably give some of these a shot. Thanks for the response again.

Another thing, I went to check out DaiZy 2018 and this was a mod I was going to switch to, but I noticed that it requires DayZ Commander, which doesn't work for me. Is there a way to bypass without having to use DayZ Commander? I think I tried bypassing another mod without using DayZ Commander but it didn't work, but if you could help me out again I would be happy.

Re: RELEASE: DayZ X [1.8.0.3] [Update: 0.1] |17/02-2014|

Eric the Viking
DayZ Commander was, at the time, a easy and convenient method of getting the latest version of DayZ mod itself or additional mods/maps and this is the only reason it's mentioned - it's not actually "required" per se.

Most maps can still be downloaded somewhere, for example, the Celle map is on Armaholic (as version 2.0). For all the versions of DayZ mod (2018 requires 1.8.0.3) you can find them here.

Re: RELEASE: DayZ X [1.8.0.3] [Update: 0.1] |17/02-2014|

Slash Ghost 25
Thanks for all your help. I'm a bit new to the DayZ mod and I thought I was out of luck when I downloaded DayZ Commander and it wouldn't verify ArmA 2 or OA, but you giving me that list of DaiZy versions has likely saved my DayZ offline experience. Again thanks for all the help you've given me on this.

Re: RELEASE: DayZ X [1.8.0.3] [Update: 0.1] |17/02-2014|

Eric the Viking
No problem. :)

I was was late to the mod myself and this site receives a small but steady stream of people just discovering it all for themselves. I still remember distinctly the first time I spawned on the shore.

If you need further help, post in the relevant thread for the mod you're having issue with (there's quite afew worth having a look at; Lingor, Panthera & Napf based ones for example). And don't be shy about creating a new thread in the appropriate sub forum for any other help or questions. You might not be the only person with these problems or questions but nobody else will find this conversation helpful if it's buried in a thread about something different altogether ;)

Re: RELEASE: DayZ X [1.8.0.3] [Update: 0.1] |17/02-2014|

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: RELEASE: DayZ X [1.8.0.3] [Update: 0.1] |17/02-2014|

benevolentdevil
 This one and DayB seem to be related in many ways , lol.

 Most the SP daiZy mods have issues with AI spawns.  Even my favorite ones :
 Olive's Wasteland 1987 and DoS , the two I found minus any zombies ... AI can sometimes spawn right on top of you.

 I have to agree with rachel in many ways ... Cherno is over-used and way over-done.
 Not only was almost all DayZ on Cherno map, also Wasteland ( the PvP type) , Warfare , and other popular game modes were all on Chernarus map.  Even Standalone had adopted the Cherno map , despite it's additions/changes ...
 It's BORING!   Like used/seen too much.

But , at the same time ... I know why it's used in most daizy mods ... loot drops on buildingcode positions are difficult to change for other maps.

 Weather ... I've never really been a fan of arma2's weather systems.  I hate the rain in DayZ ... compared to standalone or Arma3 rain which seems realistic , arma2's rain is just an FPS eater, and tends to make visuals bad at the times you need it to the least.
  Realistically speaking ... The only problem in real life survival in getting cold , is hypothermia.  Cold itself doesn't give you an infection , in fact in cold climates you are less prone to getting a virus or infection.
  I'm not sure why "survival games" usually include an infection based on natural events... because it hardly ever makes sense.

 Drinking from polluted water-sources ... I can see giving an infection.
However ... I've yet to find any DayZ wells, offer a "test" to see if water is contaminated or not.
 It's always taking a gamble , unless you get a boil water option ... with DayZ's really crappy unrealistic food/water consumption ... chances are your going to get an infection, more than the chance of getting shot or eaten by zombies... if you don't find enough sodas that is.

 I like elements that enhance the play , not be intrusive ... if you understand what I mean.

 Over-all ... DayZ X and DayB are good mods, alot of work went into them.   I think ... it kind of went over-board with content in many ways.
  There's less feeling of isolation ... and the AI spawns, choppers and patrols , are actually more re-mindful of the public server KOS , where everyone is your enemy ... and so very few allies to aid you.

Re: RELEASE: DayZ X [1.8.0.3] [Update: 0.1] |17/02-2014|

I don't remember exacly what the AI script looks like (I've been/am very inactive here). But adding a min/max radius wouldn't be hard if there isn't one already.

And adding coords is actually pretty easy, just boring. I've done it for Celle. What I did was get an addon that gives me the coords of my position, so I would spawn a building at a time, and just "mark out" the loot spots that way, and then just apply them to the loot table. I would provide a link for the addon, but I can't remember the name or find it right now.

Re: RELEASE: DayZ X [1.8.0.3] [Update: 0.1] |17/02-2014|

MrThirsty
Hi,

Can someone please explain what the different missions are? Ie night cycle no ai? As in no friendly ai or zeds? Sorry!
"Reality is for people who lack imagination"

Re: RELEASE: DayZ X [1.8.0.3] [Update: 0.1] |17/02-2014|

Slash Ghost 25
I could be wrong, but if I remember right and it was for this particular mod, the no AI means that there is no bandit AI, only zombies. I don't think there is any friendly AI in the Factions mods such as this one(2018 might be an exception, but I don't know if it is a Factions mod or not, but you aren't here for that mod xD).
As for the night cycle, I'm not sure what that is for unless it goes off a certain cycle where every 6 hours (might be 4 hours, can't remember how this particular system would work) the dynamic lighting changes according to that time, instead of it constantly change bit by bit like in real life. (What I mean is it may go straight from morning to noon with no in between light effects, which would make the time of day seem jumpy, but may cut down on lag or FPS drop.) I'm currently not on my PC so I can't check at the moment, and I can't download and access the files to take a look at them on the laptop I am using to write this. I don't remember using either one of those mission files though, so like I said I could be completely wrong.
I would use the original mission file that has everything in it because it may cut down on the possibility of the game glitching out. I imagine it would work better if you use the original mission file since the mod was likely made around that file instead of any other.
Also, I don't want to take away from any downloads from this mod, but when I played it it was basically broken and it is to easy to gear up. Zombies would stop spawning, and I think even loot would stop spawning. Even the bandit AI spawns seem a bit much, and for the most part, they were really easy to kill.
If you want a good DayZ singleplayer mod that more or less has the original DayZ feel to it, I would recommend DayZ Factions 3.0.2 by Haleks. It is probably my most favorite mod on here.
Another mod author I would recommend you to check out is Oliv82. He is probably the only mod author that gets on his forum and updates any of his mods, so if you want a mod that is still getting additions, or a mod that has the latest additions to it, I would recommend one of his DayZ mods. His Wastelands mod has been updated previously to, and I'd say that it is also worth a download.

Hope this helped you even in the slightest. I don't get on here on a regular basis much, but if you have any other questions I will respond when I see it and to the best of my knowledge. Also, sorry for the essay level of a response. I thought those other mods were worth mentioning if you want a really good DayZ experience that isn't too hard like some of these are or not to easy like DayZ X is.

Re: RELEASE: DayZ X [1.8.0.3] [Update: 0.1] |17/02-2014|

MrThirsty
Thanks for the help and info!

I really like bandit gameplay and am still trying to find the perfect mod of this with lots of bandits!

The nearest I've got is Day of Survival which is sadly very outdated now, that had areas fighting against each other and lots of skirmishes with bandits. Perfect in my eyes!

I've been on here a while and have tried almost all the mods on here. They've all been excellent but I still haven't found 'the one!' :D

Yeah, I'm kinda in the same boat. I would really like to see a DayZ mod that makes DayZ Mod for singleplayer like it was 6 years ago with AI that functions like they do in Faction mods, but I suppose DayZ Mod is so outdated now that most mod authors that could do such a thing would probably rather not.
Maybe someday DayZ Standalone can be modded to have such systems with AI and the ability to play solo, that or a fully functioning DayZ-like game be released that for once has singleplayer. But I suppose until then, unfortunately, the best we can get is what is already offered.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: RELEASE: DayZ X [1.8.0.3] [Update: 0.1] |17/02-2014|

George
Is that possible disable cheats menu? i disable the Supportcall menu allready, but the other one...idk wich files i should delete

Re: RELEASE: DayZ X [1.8.0.3] [Update: 0.1] |17/02-2014|

Darbt
i tried this mod , it all goes well a few first hours and then after a few hundred meters of travel , the zeds didn't spawn and no loot as well for the rest of the game

i already installed Arma 2 latest beta patch , DayZ 1.8.0.3 client files , and  DayZ X , i tried to re-install the mod but nothing changed

can you help me with this problem , bcs i really wan't to enjoy the mod

sincerely - Darbt

Re: RELEASE: DayZ X [1.8.0.3] [Update: 0.1] |17/02-2014|

Eric the Viking
Hi there Darbt

Zeds and loot ceasing to spawn after a while is a known issue with the mod and there's no current solution and regrettably there's unlikely to ever be one.