RELEASE: DaiyZ X (Chernarus) + New DaiyZ 1.7.3 Code

RELEASE: DaiyZ X (Chernarus) + New DaiyZ 1.7.3 Code

DayZ_SP
It's Friday, so that means another small release.

This isn't as big as Namalsk SP, but it's still worth mentioning because it gives DaiyZ SP players more choice when playing offline.

First, not one, but THREE (3) new versions of Chernarus:

http://www.mediafire.com/?x6h6feb7yevy8

"DaiyZ X" is your standard Chernarus map with Kronzky's Original Cheat Menu and AI Survivors and Bandits.

"DiayZ X No Suvivors" is for those who don't like the limited AI Survivors, or having to micromange a squad. This map is just you, AI Bandits and the Zeds. Also contains Kron's Original Cheat Menu.

"DaiyZ X Vanilla DayZ" is just what it sounds like. No AI, No cheat menu. Just normal DayZ game play offline. You would be surprised how many people want a "clean" version, so they can show their friends how the game works without getting killed five seconds after they spawn online. Can serve as a good tutorial and hands-on introduction to the game.

All have been tested and are 1.7.3. compatible, so you can just load them from the Single Player menu and be romping and chopping your way through Chernarus in no time!

NOTE: If you spawn with an Hatchet, you must first put the hatchet on your tool belt, then remove it and "reload" it to get it to work. The red "ammo" indicator will change from 0 in red to 99999 in green if done correctly.

Lastly, we have TWO (2) versions of modified DayZ 1.7.3. code that restores the enemy factions to DaiyZ SP. In other words, AI Survivors see Zeds as threats as well as Bandits, Bandits see the player, Zeds and Survivors as threats... But Zeds still will only attack the player.

http://www.mediafire.com/?5fejjw5m2nabq

DaiyZ_173_AI+Head_Shot+Slower_Zombies gives you Zombies that are much tougher in the body, so shooting them in the head is the most effective way to drop them quickly. These Zombies still run after the player, but not at breakneck speeds like the default. No more Zeds sprinting at 200% faster than players bullshit.

I recommend this version for HUMAN players + No Suvivors map only because the AI Survivors will waste ammo going for body shots since they aren't programmed to know aiming for the head is the most effective way to kill their enemies.

DaiyZ_173_AI+Slower_Zombies simply removes the head shot aspect, but still slows the Zombies down to more realistic levels. Normal body shots will take down a Zed, so I recommend this version for maps where the AI is present since body shots are their default method of eliminating threats.

Happy Zed Hunting!

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ X (Chernarus) + New DaiyZ 1.7.3 Code

fedus_87
Administrator
awesome man cant wait to try out the slower zombies thanks so much

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ X (Chernarus) + New DaiyZ 1.7.3 Code

DayZ_SP
This post was updated on .
P.S. -- If people are wondering what the difference between these Cheranus maps and previously released versions is, it is more to do with internal organization and coding. I cleaned up some of the code, streamlined the way the maps are edited in the 2D editor and also cleaned up and combined some of the scripts other community members have produced.

Full credit is given in the open "spawn credits" to those whose work I have compiled in these new releases.

Also, the female Bandit Model is messed up in 1.7.3, so I deactivated it. So, the only Bandit skins you will see are the original (male) Bandit and the camo sniper.

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ X (Chernarus) + New DaiyZ 1.7.3 Code

fedus_87
so does the slower zeds and headshot only code work with other map/mission releases such as niceonegunit's 42e release or does it have to be used with your map releases to get the headshot only and slow zeds

Edit: ok i switched to your missions and im still getting fast zeds but headshots are working but zeds still run

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ X (Chernarus) + New DaiyZ 1.7.3 Code

DayZ_SP
It's client-side code, so it can be used with any DaiyZ map.

However, I included all of Niceonegunit's additions... Bandit and Survivor loot... Into the new maps (except the default Dayz version), so use it with those. That's why he is listed in the opening spawn credits.

ok yea seen that after i got your mission in and tried it out
fdg

The new map doesn't let me select gender :/
EDIT: Also, is the bug still present where once you get knocked unconscious, no one shoots at you anymore?

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ X (Chernarus) + New DaiyZ 1.7.3 Code

DayZ_SP
Gender selection was taken out of 1.7.3.

Some custom maps have it enabled online, but I can tell you for a fact some of the female animations are currently messed up, which means these mods are probably using a hybrid 1.7.3 version of the code with 1.7.2.6 animations. Rocket has said he will fix the female models fully in the stand alone, but right now it is a W.I.P. for the ArmA 2 version.

The bug you mention is probably because the AI thinks you are dead... Because that is what happens online unless somebody gives you a shot of adrenaline... And it is also the reason the hour glass icon appears in the first place (to keep people dead for five minutes, so they don't immediately log back in and loot their own corpse for their gear).

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ X (Chernarus) + New DaiyZ 1.7.3 Code

sp3ktral
Thanks for the new version.

I have a couple of problems and a couple of questions

with this version when a pair of survivors spawn and join your team my computer freezes for about 30 seconds prior to them spawning. I also cant use blood bags on myself in this version. is anyone else experiencing this?

My questions are, is there a way to give your AI team mates more ammo? and is it possible to heal them?

Thanks for the great mod!

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ X (Chernarus) + New DaiyZ 1.7.3 Code

DayZ_SP
This post was updated on .
I have no idea why there is a 30 second (more more) pause. It's probably because of how the code is (was) rewritten as the mod moves forward. It's very irritating, but the interesting thing is it applies only to Survivors vs. Bandits in SP. Hmm...

Being able to blood bag yourself was a glitch in previous versions of DayZ, and was patched a long time ago. I tried to re-enable it in 1.7.3, but it didn't work and messed up other aspects of the game royally... Probably because, again, it is a  considered a "cheat" that is now being banned by the game itself.

You should be able to use the blood bags on your AI team mates to heal them. As far as ammo, I don't know if this function currently works, but get them to stop, walk up to them and open their back pack to transfer ammo.

This is why I have more or less given up on AI Survivors for SP. They are very limited in what they can do and you end up micromanaging about four or five of them when you should be concentrating on looting and avoiding Zombies and Bandits instead of openly engage them like in a squad-based shooter.

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ X (Chernarus) + New DaiyZ 1.7.3 Code

fedus_87
Administrator
yea im experiencing the same 30 second freezes aswell which i havent had on any previous release's that spawn ai survivors its always been pretty smooth when they spawn in but im with you on the ai survivors anyways dont play with them very often

but my big issue here is that when zeds aggro on me they still run the same speed i have tried both code's with both daiyz x and daiyz x no ai survivors and niceonegunits 42e and all aggro speeds seem the same

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ X (Chernarus) + New DaiyZ 1.7.3 Code

DayZ_SP
If you compare it to normal DayZ running speeds, it is much slower. Trust me. Zeds don't overtake you whereas in default DayZ they can literally sprint faster than the player at times.

There is no way to make them just walk all the time because then the game becomes too easy. I even tried using different walk animations from other Zombie mods and the result was Zombies shuffling along at a leisurely pace even when aggravated... Which is not how the game is meant to be played, IMO.

I'm still looking into the 30 second pause... Double checking scripts and initialization commands, etc... But I have a feeling it is just how the game has been reworked to not allow spawning of objects like AI. Also, the AI Survivors are like the Zeds because they can clip through objects like walls, fences, etc. They shouldn't do this, but again, the AI Survivors are one big hack Zed Hunter & Unknown came up with, so this kind of behavior is to be expected.

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ X (Chernarus) + New DaiyZ 1.7.3 Code

fedus_87
ok just wanted to make sure its what was meant to be happening with the zeds still running i thought you where going to slow them down more is all.

here are a few sqf's if you want to add any other cheats to your cheat version

 the building spawner is modified by me to spawn better buildings and things for building a camp

if you need more data or anything just let me know because i dont know what all you need to add it to a mission just trying to help

http://www.mediafire.com/myfiles.php#65yt6sji8hvfn

screenshots of the kind of camp that can be built with the building spawner

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm14/fedusones/arma2oa2012-10-1219-49-15-51.jpg

http://i292.photobucket.com/albums/mm14/fedusones/arma2oa2012-10-1219-52-17-06.jpg

link to the full mission that has all the sqf's provided above so everything needed should be in there i hope lol like i said i dont know alot just trying to help this is a modified version of 38b chernarus that i had modified the building spawner in a replaced all cars with the cars from the sigma car pack

http://www.mediafire.com/?n0eytqcycic9bzc

post about the mission i modified
http://kodabar-dayz-single-player-forum.1084782.n5.nabble.com/DaiZy-with-custom-cars-td381.html

Edit: and i just tried playing the namalsk map with this new code for slow and headshot only zeds and the zeds seem to be invincible.

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ X (Chernarus) + New DaiyZ 1.7.3 Code

DayZ_SP
UPDATE:

I fixed the 30 second pause when AI Survivors spawn.

Download the corrected maps here:

http://www.mediafire.com/?x6h6feb7yevy8

Please, let me know if there are any other major bugs like this.

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ X (Chernarus) + New DaiyZ 1.7.3 Code

FoxDIE
Wow! Everything sounds amazing! thank you Dayz_SP! yep i am also one of those who ejoy the clean version! so thanks for that too! Also no survivors version sounds like 38b which was one of the best releases by kodobar (in my opinion!) its grath work! thanks man!

Aim for the head

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ X (Chernarus) + New DaiyZ 1.7.3 Code

fedus_87
Administrator
lol i emptied full clips into the heads seriously i wouldnt have posted if they wernt truly invincible i tested for a while before i posted to make sure

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ X (Chernarus) + New DaiyZ 1.7.3 Code

Koratar
Greatly appreciated!

However one thing... I#m  playing the clean Version and  can't seem to find ANY vehicle. Are they implemented? Can i implement them myself? If so, how? ^^ Or didn't i search long enugh? Because i checked for some hours...

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ X (Chernarus) + New DaiyZ 1.7.3 Code

DayZ_SP
The clean version has no enhancements whatsoever. This includes no randomly spawning vehicles

I know the majority of online servers have them, but those aren't part of vanilla DayZ, believe it or not?

The vanilla SP version is for hardcore players and those who want to show the game to their friends to see if they (their friends) would want to try it online. It's literally a training mission/tutorial compared to the cheat-enhanced versions.

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ X (Chernarus) + New DaiyZ 1.7.3 Code

Koratar
Okay, thanks for the early reply.

Gonna have to use one of those cheat versions then. However i really dont like survivors and bandits, but no vehicles is not acceptable for me.
12