RELEASE: DaiyZ Namalsk SP (with Kron's Original Cheat Menu)

RELEASE: DaiyZ Namalsk SP (with Kron's Original Cheat Menu)

DayZ_SP
This post was updated on .
Some of you have been waiting with baited breath, so here it is:

DaiyZ Namalsk SP:

http://www.mediafire.com/?x6h6feb7yevy8

REQUIREMENTS:

DayZ 1.7.3

DayZ Namalsk:

ftp://dayzcommander:dayzcommander@94.242.227.3/DayZNamalsk-0.60.rar

Direct from DayZCommander, it's the newest version for DayZ 1.7.3. The download is 687 MB, so make sure you have a good connection and/or download manager. You can also download it directly with DayZCommander as well.

INSTALLATION -- PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND FOLLOW DIRECTIONS:

-Put the "DaiyZ_Namalsk_SP.namalsk.pbo" in your ArmA 2 "missions" folder.

-Extract the "@DayZ_Namalsk" folder to your ArmA 2 main folder.

RENAME the "@DayZ_Namalsk" folder to @dayznamalsk.

RENAME your "@DayZ" folder to @dayz.

Renaming the folders to ones with no spaces, or capital letters is to reduce errors due to case-sensitive characters and spaces. This is the format all of my releases will follow and it should have no effect on normal online play.

Your desktop shortcut should look like this:

"X:\Some root folder\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe" -mod=@dayz;@dayznamalsk -cpuCount=2 -exThreads=1 -nosplash -skipintro -world=empty

The "cpu" and "threads" parameters should give you increased performance in all ArmA 2 / DayZ maps because ArmA 2 does not take advantage of more than two cores, nor hyper threading. The "nosplash", "skipintro" and "world=empty" entries make the game load much faster than default.

RELEASE NOTES:

-This map is compatible with pre-1.7.3 releases like the modded DaiyZ+ [Rz0]. I have included all the pre-1.7.3 fixes in the map, so you can use it with older releases and not run into bugs like the broken leg icon when switching skins using Kron's Original Cheat menu while in the game.

This is the easiest way to make this and future maps backwards compatible... And the benefit is if you use the older, modified 1.7.2.6 codebase you will get the full experience of Survivors attacking Zeds, Bandits attacking Survivors, Survivors attacking Bandits and Bandits and Zeds attacking you!

There will be bugs, but hopefully nothing game breaking.

-Loot did spawn when I play tested, but these may have been standard ArmA 2 buildings. If loot does not spawn in custom buildings, then this may be something I can't fix... But hopefully, you won't encounter this.

-The number of AI Survivors is limited to churches in major cities. This is because if you run the current 1.7.3. release it has not been altered, so they will not attack Zombies. Also, with all due respect to Zed Hunter and Unknown, I think the AI Survivors are almost an unneeded feature at this point because they make the game too easy and are limited in what they can do even with modded code. So, you will encounter AI Bandits more than Survivors and that makes the game play closer to what it is online in terms of pure survival.

-Lighthouses will (hopefully!) always have a weapons crate near by as will military bases.

-Gas stations will (hopefully!) have a vehicle spawn nearby.

-I will be using this kind of logic on future releases since it mimics real life more than just random things being at random locations when they spawn.

I hope you enjoy the release and let me know of any game breaking bugs and I will try and get on it A.S.A.P.

Happy Zed Hunting!

EDIT:

ALTERNATE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS BELOW.

I still recommend installing the map as instructed in this post BEFORE attempting to install it in an alternative way. This is to ensure the map is functioning correctly before you start messing around with the default installation and configuration.

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ Namalsk SP (with Kron's Original Cheat Menu)

Anonymous
Thank you SO much, i was hoping someone would release this!

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ Namalsk SP (with Kron's Original Cheat Menu)

ch0j1n
Thanks alot for this, im going to be giving it a good testing today :D

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ Namalsk SP (with Kron's Original Cheat Menu)

yourampage
the loot doesn't spawn in the custom buildings ive been waiting for this and very happy with it but the no loot in custom buildings

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ Namalsk SP (with Kron's Original Cheat Menu)

Viper8797
YES!   YES!!!  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_VheAwZBuQ

I've been waiting for this for so long! Tank you!

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ Namalsk SP (with Kron's Original Cheat Menu)

Is this actually fucking happening to us? Is it fucking real?

Dude, you're a fucking legend. I'm testing this right fucking now!

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ Namalsk SP (with Kron's Original Cheat Menu)

So far, this is fucking badass!

But as people said, loot doesn't spawn in the new buildings. I personally don't really mind that atm.

But shouldn't that be super easy to just copy from the MP map? Or does it actually have to be manually added for each loot spawn?

Either way, well done. I've been waiting so long for this.

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ Namalsk SP (with Kron's Original Cheat Menu)

Sorry for double posting. But I can think of one more thing this needs. And that's Niceonegunit's "Random bandit gear" thingy. The one where bandits and survivors got random loot equipped. Such as Jerry cans, food, bloodbags and what not. That would be awesome. ^^

And I think that's fairly easy to add, seeing as it's already made. :-)

And once again, thanks for this. I'm having so much fun right now.

Trying to figure out if warm clothing spawns in barracks still, seeing as the loots are not completly added. Hopefully I'll find one. :D

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ Namalsk SP (with Kron's Original Cheat Menu)

DayZ_SP
RE: Loot not spawning in custom buildings...

This is probably because the DayZ 1.7.3 client is overriding the DayZ Namalsk loot tables. DayZ 1.7.3 is like a gateway that allows SP on an MP-only map. This is why you need both DayZ and DayZ Namalsk installed and not just DayZ Namalsk.

One possible fix might be to go into the DayZ Namalsk addon and activate SP from within the mod, so we can just load DayZ Namalsk without DayZ 1.7.3... But even then I don't know if that would activate the custom buildings loot because those items might need a dedicated server telling the client to generate them, something SP doesn't have, obviously.

RE: Random loot drops from Zeds & Bandits...

You can probably just use Niceonegunit's modified 1.7.2.6. DaiyZ+ package with Namalsk since I made the map backwards compatible with pre-1.7.3 releases.

Namalsk is one map where I think you NEED the cheat menu because of the harsh weather (heatpacks, warm clothes) and because of how vast it is between cities, towns and other points of interest that require some kind of vehicle to get from point A to point B.

I'm glad you guys are enjoying it so far.

If this goes well, I can do almost all of the other custom DayZ maps (eventually!) since this was a proof of concept project I did to see I could put my money where my mouth is about how "easy" it is to port MP maps to SP

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ Namalsk SP (with Kron's Original Cheat Menu)

Update:

The items are in this release, though. I could add the railgun with "player addweapon "nsw_er7a";" and
player addweapon "nsw_er7s";

I also tried the warm clothes from the ingame cheat menu. That worked just fine. However "player addMagazine "CamoWinter_DZN"" didn't seem to work.

I hope this can help at least a bit regarding the loot.

And again, I'm still having so much fun with this! :-)

EDIT* I am using his 1.7.2.6 pack. But the random loot on "players" are in the mission file, it seems. :)

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ Namalsk SP (with Kron's Original Cheat Menu)

fedus_87
you are god

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ Namalsk SP (with Kron's Original Cheat Menu)

DayZ_SP
INSTALLATION UPDATE:

I was doing some more testing and it appears you can put ALL of the DayZ 1.7.3. files INSIDE the DayZNamalsk folder, for those of you who don't want to run DayZ 1.7.3 and DayZNamalsk as separate mods at the same time.

Here is how to consolidate this install:

1) Make a test folder in your main ArmA 2 folder.

@DayZNamalskSP

2) Create a subfolder called "addons":

@DayZNamalskSP\addons\

3) Copy all of your DayZ 1.7.3 files into the addons subfolder:

@DayZNamalskSP\addons\dayz.pbo
@DayZNamalskSP\addons\dayz_anim.pbo
@DayZNamalskSP\addons\dayz_code.pbo
@DayZNamalskSP\addons\dayz_equip.pbo
@DayZNamalskSP\addons\dayz_sfx.pbo
@DayZNamalskSP\addons\dayz_vehicles.pbo
@DayZNamalskSP\addons\dayz_weapons.pbo

4) Copy all of your DayZNamalsk files into the addons subfolder:

@DayZNamalskSP\addons\namalsk.pbo
@DayZNamalskSP\addons\ns.pbo
@DayZNamalskSP\addons\ns_anims.pbo
ETC,
ETC,
ETC..

5) Now, just make a NEW desktop shortcut that points to the new Mod:

X:\Root Directory\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe -mod=@DayZNamalskSP -cpuCount=2 -exThreads=1 -nosplash -skipintro -world=empty

That's it.

Go into DayZ 1.7.3, Single Player and continue, or restart your DaiyZ Namalsk map.

The nice thing about Rocket enabling the SP option in the main menu is this allows 1.7.3 to be used on other DayZ custom maps who have the entire DayZ codebase (a.k.a. files) as part of the mod. There are still edits that have to be done to the map to get things to work like they do in MP, but overall, this should help make installations easier since all you will have to do is download one big file (the custom mod/map), select SP from the main menu and you'll be Zed Hunting in no time.

Not all custom DayZ maps accept this method, but for the ones that do this is a nice addition from the official DayZ team, IMO. It shows Rocket is living up to the promise he made that once the game leaves ArmA 2 for the stand alone, it will then be the Community's Game and this includes both MP and SP players.

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ Namalsk SP (with Kron's Original Cheat Menu)

Nice update. :-)

It works perfectly. However you wont be able to bloodbag yourself, obviously. Seeing as it's the retail files. :-)

Just a heads up for people trying this. :)

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ Namalsk SP (with Kron's Original Cheat Menu)

Btw, I found this when looking for info about adding lootspawns to buildings etc http://www.tunngle.net/community/topic/99911-changeadd-loot-spawn-locations/.

Obviously it is for server owners, AkA online. But they're talking about the DayZ_Code. So it should be a help for someone. I'm still reading to see what I can do. If I stumble on something useful, I will totally start adding the loot spots. :P

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ Namalsk SP (with Kron's Original Cheat Menu)

Niceonegunit
And to think I thought it wouldn't work..

Well, it only partially works and as I predicted, the custom buildings have no loot but hey, it's here, right?
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ Namalsk SP (with Kron's Original Cheat Menu)

It's still possible to add/copy over the loot spawns, afaik. I'm just too scrub to do it. I couldn't find any noob guides (or any guides at all for that matter). But I'm still doing my best.

What I know though, is that we're close.

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ Namalsk SP (with Kron's Original Cheat Menu)

http://www.tunngle.net/community/topic/101661-having-trouble-editing-lootspawns-bliss-rmod/

I don't understand much of this. But I'm sure someone does. Ignore the Rmod part. As I understand it, all we have to do is add the buildings and loot positions (wich is the same string) to the dayz_code.

I might be very wrong. But I'm just trying to do my best. :D

Update: Without knowledge, I'm now messing with the PBO's, I will see if I can see anything. And try. It feels pretty straight forward, as to how we would add the lootz. I will make a post if I succeed. x)

UPDATE2: When I just copied all loot locations and items from the Namalsk code to the DayZ code, it just gave me "Waiting for character to create".

I got no clue what I'm doing, I was just doing my best. Sorry lads. x'D

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ Namalsk SP (with Kron's Original Cheat Menu)

DayZ_SP
This post was updated on .
Well, the reason loot does not spawn in the custom buildings is because the Namalsk authors... The ones who converted the SP "Namalsk Crisis" map to MP... Didn't bother to take the time to make a custom DayZ client that has the custom buildings coded in the config. If you try and just load "DayZNamalsk" (original) by itself, all you get is ArmA 2; there is no official Mod screen, or main menu.

This should have also been obvious because of the original install where clients need both DayZ and DayZNamalsk, the latter being just the map assets, so clients can log onto a server and download the MP mission file with the DayZ spawning markers (for the random spawning).

If you, or anybody else has the time, feel free to go in and find the custom buildings and coordinates and add them to a new, custom config that can be packed in a new dayz_code.pbo as part of the official DZNamalsk mod...

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ Namalsk SP (with Kron's Original Cheat Menu)

I found all the coords and buildings, and the new items. But I got no clue what to do with it, LOL. I just thought I was pro for a second.

EDIT: All the new buildings + loot coords are in NS_DayZ.

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ Namalsk SP (with Kron's Original Cheat Menu)

fedus_87
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
1234