RELEASE : DaiZy 2018 v1.5 [04/06/2014 UPDATED]

1234 ... 41

RELEASE : DaiZy 2018 v1.5 [04/06/2014 UPDATED]

This is a single player release based on DayZ 1.8.0.3 and inspired by DayZ 2017.

Features in this release :

- Bandits and recruitable survivors AI.
- Respawning Survivor NPC's.
- 26 additional character models & skins,
   including gas masks and the post-apocalypse units.
- Random helicrash sites.
- Zombies spawning in forests.
- Patroling Choppers.
- Zombies reacting to AI gunshots.
- Loot cycle script (triggered when sleeping at tents).
- Snowy weather.
- Zombies can attack and kill NPC survivors.
- You can heal friendly survivors with Morphine.

More details on 2018 :

New skins : Amongst other new models, the mod is using the post-apo units created by Icewindo and modified for the DayZ 2017 mod.
This release also includes gas masks (no effects for now) for both the player and NPCs. (Gasmasks models are from the ACE mod, however ACE is not needed to run this.)
Custom loadout : You've been surviving the apocalypse for many years and know how to defend yourself.
The player starts with a random weapon, a hatchet and a few other items.
Modified loot tables : Food and drinks will be harder to come by. Bandages and Antibacterial wipes spawn chances have been lowered but items to craft those are easier to find. (WIP)
Weapons and bags spawns also have been changed to be more consistant the post-apocalyptic background.
Cold environment : Winter is coming! Depending on the weather, Chernarus will be a colder, harsher place to survive.
Animal spawns are reduced, breath fog (day & night) added for all NPCs and the player.
New enemies roaming the country : You might stumble on Ghouls on your journey.
Those infected humans showed some sort of resistance to the virus and didn't turn into brainless creatures.
They are extremely resiliant and harder to kill than any human.
Rumor is they built themselves a little village, hidden in the northern country.
Enhanced atmosphere : Using custom color corrections for a more immersive, "end of the world" feeling.
Alternative introduction : You'll have a limited control (sort of) on where you want to start your journey.

Plans for upcoming updates are in the second post below.

Changelog :
04/06/14 : Updated to v1.5

- Respawn delay for zeds & loot has been tripled (15 minutes for the zeds, 30 for the loot).

- Fixed script lags related to vehicle actions (repair, refuel & syphon).

- Fixed script lags related to tent actions (pack & sleep).

- Resolved a conflict between rain and snow weather.

- Added a QuickSave option (press 0 twice to access the radio menu).

- Zed population is a mix of walkers & runners.

- New optionnal dayz_code for zombie speed : walkers or runners only.

27/02/14 : Update files

- Added an optionnal "Walking Zeds" dayz_code patch.

25/02/14 : Hotfix

- Fixed an issue with the Ammo script for NPCs.

- NPCs are now more resilient to zombie attacks.

22/02/14 : Updated to v1.4

- Replaced unfixable V3S models and a few other vehicles.

- Spawned patrol helis are now fixable.

- Changed selfActions call method to be more responsive.

- Minor fixes to the dayz_code (less RPT error spam).

- Replaced all dead bodies on the map by junk piles.

- Changes to the loot tables regarding ammo spawn chances.

- Added FN FAL to some bandits loadout & helicrash loot.

- Removed SVD Camo from helicrash loot.

- Fixed ToneMapping not working after resuming a save.

- Added a new survivor town as well as a new NPC to recruit.

- Fixed an issue where too many bandits could spawn at NWAF.

- Fixed an issue with filling jerry cans.

- Fixed : All M16 variants now compatible with Taped Stanag mags.

- Recruitable survivors will patrol the nearest town to their spawn position.

- New : ejecting from a chopper or a plane will trigger a halo jump.

- Disabled TeamSwitch menu.

- Animals should be a bit easier to find.

- Improved NPC reactions when surrounded by zombies.

- Added more zombie spawn locations in forests.

05/02/14 : Updated to v1.3

- Fixed RPT error spam when using JSRS.

- Fixed food & temperature depleting during intro.

- Removed color desaturation on low blood.

- Added option to turn ON/OFF the color filter.

- Lowered ammo spawn chances for a few civilian buildings.

- Fixed an issue with the patrol function not working after resuming a save.

- Fixed possible script lag issue with various inventory items.

- Added two unique NPCs to recruit (Skalisty Island & Ghoultown).

- Added larger variety of eastern weapons to bandits loadout.

- Ghouls now spawn with a better equipment.

- Improved IA reaction when close to zeds : they won't suddenly disembark vehicles anymore.

- Fixed bandits spawning without ammo.

- Possible fix for self actions slowing down other time.

- Replaced unfixable helicopters.

- Various minor fixes.

31/01/14 : Updated to v1.2

- Zombies can attack and kill NPCs. When too close to zeds, NPCs will flee and stop running if they manage to shake off the zombies.
Do not order your units to stop! (See the 'known issues' section below.)

- Removed 'study body' option.

- Fixed minor glitches with intro.

- Added a speed check to zed & loot spawn sequence.

- Fixed Combine Mags issue.

- Fixed lootcleanup script deleting special loot crates.

- Highered temperature factor inside buildings & vehicles : finding shelter will be usefull during snow storms.

- Fixed issues related to damage & repair vehicles.

- Reduced distance check for NPC removal.

- Modifications to loot & zed spawnCheck.

- Various fixes to the dayz_code (might definitely fix the zed & loot spawn issues).

- Fixed snow effect not processing the player's altitude (was causing issues when going up towers or buildings).

- Fixed color filter going off.

- Modifications to the loot tables & survivor/bandit loot regarding food spawn.

26/01/14 : Hotfix

- Fixed : new intro sequence was breaking the player breath fog script & player self actions.

- Fixed : Sometimes the player could crash right after the intro cutscene.

25/01/14 : Updated to v1.1

- New introduction sequence.

- Improved snow weather (now dynamic). Snow now affects the player's temperature.
I'm using a new script based on Random Snow by Audio Rejectz & Nvdm, with the following modifications :
        - Removed most of the mist/film grain/view distance FX for smoother transitions.
        - The snow script won't override the Dynamic Weather script.
        - Random timers for a more natural feeling.
        Known issue : it snows inside buildings.

- Modified temperature factors.

- Rotor repair part added back to the loot table (very low spawn chance).

- Removed SVD Camo from bandits & loot tables; added RPK 74 machinegun to the loot tables.

- Other modifications to the loot tables.

- Removed breath fog for units wearing gas masks.

- Fixed : survivors wearing gasmasks didn't have any name.

- Ability to place tents inside buildings & on roofs. (Might be glitchy with some buildings, especially castles.)

- Dismissed units will go to the nearest town or village, rather than going all the way back to the coast.
A short message will display the name of the town the unit is going to.

- Added Drink at wells & ponds script by mamu1234 & Clark17 with a few modifications :
        - Changed sound fx.
        - Lowered infection chance.

- Removed empty water bottle from starting loadout.

- dayz_code optimization.

- Fixed : Player was unable to cook goat meat & fishes.

- Fixed : Special loot boxes (helicrash) can't spawn under the ground anymore.

- Fixed : Helicrash wrecks could sometimes spawn through objects or buildings.
Additional changelog & screenshots :
Features :

- Customised dayz_code for single player mode.

- Demonized's Clean up script included.
It will handle the deletion of dead bodies.

- The GLT OPA Backpacks for All mod by Legislator is included in the Addons folder : no need of rMod.

- Xyberviri's Factions script : AI will react to zombies.

- Utilities menu to change the player' skin or face, wear or remove the gas mask (press '0' twice).

- Patrol choppers and others survivors/bandits are (just a bit) harder to come by compared to DaiZy Factions.

- You can heal wounded friendlies with morphine (bloodbags have been removed).

- Helicrash without smoke/burning fx (rusty old things...).

Screenshots :

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
INSTRUCTIONS :

First thing first : update OA with the beta patch recommended by DayZ Commander!
Currently it is the 103.718 patch; you can grab it here : http://www.arma2.com/downloads/update/beta/ARMA2_OA_Build_103718.zip

1. Download DayZ 1.8.0.3 using DayZ Commander.
2. Download the 2018 files.
3. Make a folder called "@2018" in your Arma 2 OA directory; inside, create a folder called "Addons".
4. Add all the DayZ 1.8.0.3 files to the Addons folder inside "@2018".
5. Copy & Paste all the files from the Addons folder of the package you just downloaded into the Addons folder inside @2018 (overwrite dayz files).
6. Add the mission file to your "Missions" folder in your arma 2 OA directory.
7. Don't forget to create a new OA Beta Patch shortcut and add "-mod=@2018" in the target line!

NOTE : If you have an error message about missing content, you might have to copy the Addons folder from Arma 2 into your Operation Arrowhead folder.

If you guys have some troubles installing it, Astocky made a nice video tutorial for you! (Big thanks to him!)
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Recommended Mods :

- CoWar Mod :
The Lite Version is more than enough for DaiZy SP : You'll have a shitload of usefull features such as AI auto rearm, functionnal supressing fire, better driving skills and so on...
It's worth spending some time reading the documentation files if you want to customize DaiZy to your likes. A must have, especially for this release since it greatly enhances AI units skills.
NOTE : There's a glitch with the bayonnette knife mod : it spawns NVGs in the player's inventory.

List of recommended files :
asr_ai_c_aidispersion
asr_ai_c_aisensors
asr_ai_c_aiskill
asr_ai_main
asr_ai_settings
asr_ai_sys_aiskill
asr_disable_cursor_text
DisabledCenterHandIcon_Visuals_C_PvPscene
fnc_ballistics_infantry
fnc_ballistics_vehicles
fnc_muzzlevelocity
fnc_scopes_common_c
fnc_scopes_common_m
gam_clockfacingreport_co
gdtmod_plants2_tree
glt_opa_backpacks4all (included)
heli_extras
heli_extras_settings
ImprovedHelicopterAttackBehavior_AI_C_PvPscene
inf_stealth_recognition
LandTex_v1.0_chernarus_Data
LandTex_v1.0_chernarus_Data_Layers
norrn_dbo_fastrope
RemovedRadarOfGroundUnits_Gameplay_C_PvPscene
slx_ai
slx_ai_identify
slx_ai_steering
slx_anim_idle
slx_bis_bc_fix
slx_bis_xeh
slx_cartriges
slx_cloud
slx_dialogue
slx_effects
slx_explosiondust
slx_findcover
slx_gunsmoke
slx_netcode
slx_optics
slx_radar
slx_ragdoll
tpwc_ai_suppress_200
tpwcas
x_trueuser_igui_actionmenu_noicons
zeu_cfg_ammo
zeu_cfg_collision
zeu_cfg_core_ai_skills
zeu_FindCover
zeu_OA_c_ai_recognition
zeu_OA_c_ai_rof
zeu_OA_c_ammo
zeu_OA_c_wep_dispersion
zeu_OA_c_wep_Recoils
zeu_sys_AI
zgb_gunners
- The J.S.R.S Sound Mod : replaces Arma 2 sounds; you can also configure it the way you want (just follow LordJarhead's instructions to remove sound files).
Please note that the following file conflicts with roadflares & other throwable objects sounds : "jsrs_grenade_c.pbo"
(Just remove it if you don't want to jump off the ground everytime you throw a chemlight!)

- LandTex (included in coWarmod) : greatly enhances landscapes textures.

- The Community Base Addons are required to run the above mods.

Known issues :

- When surrounded by zeds, AIs can't flee if they have been issued the "stop" order.
Do not order them to stop! That will most likely end up with them being killed by zeds.

- Bandit squads & choppers can't engage each others (they are on the same side).

CREDITS :
DaiZy releases by Above, Fedus_87, Niceonegunit, DayZ_SP, Unknown, ZedHunter & Haleks.
Rocket, R4Z0R49 & all the team behind the DayZ mod.
Icewindo for his awesome models.
Shinkicker & all the team behind the DayZ 2017 mod.
Demonized for the DMZ delete script.
NPC_AlertZombies script by Orcthrasher.
All the Arma modding community.

And plenty of people I can't think of right now!

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018

Plans for future updates :

- Small scenario with secondary objectives and unique NPC to recruit.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018

DeathSquad
what made you take the self bb out?only reason im not installing this.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018

Haleks
Do you seriously expect to find usable bloodbags out in the open 6 years after the apocalypse? ^^'

More seriously though, the intent with this is to propose a version of DaiZy with my favourite settings (not too hard, not too easy). That being said, it's WIP and, as said above, I'm still balancing things out.
The BB are removed right now, but that doesn't mean I won't add them back in, let's say, some stashes or bandits bases in the future. ;P

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018

Niceonegunit
Haleks wrote
Do you seriously expect to find usable bloodbags out in the open 6 years after the apocalypse? ^^'

More seriously though, the intent with this is to propose a version of DaiZy with my favourite settings (not too hard, not too easy). That being said, it's WIP and, as said above, I'm still balancing things out.
The BB are removed right now, but that doesn't mean I won't add them back in, let's say, some stashes or bandits bases in the future. ;P

Yeah. It forces you to go out to hunt animals for meat, and loot for food. Things you don't normally do.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018

Stormforge
Just going to throw a couple of ideas out.

Would it be possible to add partially filled magazines to the loot without creating whole new items?

If able to give NPCs the player health system, what of adding other player traits, Hunger, Thirst, Heat, and Disease? Hmm seems this would need (a lot?) work on the ai and knowing what it would need to find and consume to heal itself. Would be cool to be stalking a bandit and hear them sneeze giving away their position like when injured. Same if it was a survivor on your side. (Thinking of the re-arming script from COWar when I thought of this.)

More cooked meat than canned goods on bandits (all canned no cooked meat in buildings?) and more canteens (Empty if found as loot in a building) than soda? Make finding and knowing where wells and other water sources important.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018

jack4star
Awesome dude thanks :D

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018

Niceonegunit
Stormforge wrote
Just going to throw a couple of ideas out.

Would it be possible to add partially filled magazines to the loot without creating whole new items?

If able to give NPCs the player health system, what of adding other player traits, Hunger, Thirst, Heat, and Disease? Hmm seems this would need (a lot?) work on the ai and knowing what it would need to find and consume to heal itself. Would be cool to be stalking a bandit and hear them sneeze giving away their position like when injured. Same if it was a survivor on your side. (Thinking of the re-arming script from COWar when I thought of this.)

More cooked meat than canned goods on bandits (all canned no cooked meat in buildings?) and more canteens (Empty if found as loot in a building) than soda? Make finding and knowing where wells and other water sources important.

No scripting command exists to expend bullets in a magazine, so this is impossible.

While possible to add to the AI, it is very very hard. Scripts that handle these things (Food, Water etc.) all make reference to the player unit rather than a generic unit. They would need to be completely rewritten. Getting AI to actually eat, drink etc. is even harder. AI cannot pathfind very well, so it would likely run into issues searching for food.

That would just make the game easier. One soda/can of food fills you up completely. Getting better food/water sources is just not a good idea.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018

Ultrazen
Salut Haleks,

small return

wipes (lingettes) not functioned,  right click menu is ok but no action.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018

Haleks
Ultrazen wrote
Salut Haleks,

small return

wipes (lingettes) not functioned,  right click menu is ok but no action.
Thanks! I forgot to modify the file related to the med actions, it will be fixed with the update! ;)

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018

donbutaraul69
haleks please add the building script and heli patrols and car patrols like in dayz factions!

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018

Haleks
donbutaraul69 wrote
haleks please add the building script and heli patrols and car patrols like in dayz factions!
Helis patrols are included already (but, unlike Factions, there can only be one at a time); as for the rest, I want to fix as many things as I can before adding optionnal missions with extra features (it can be tiedous to work on  5 missions at the same time).

Another reason I didn't include the base building script (yet), is that I wanna see if everything runs fine as it is - I don't wanna risk another overloading script issue.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018

I'm downloading this right now, it's been way to long since I played 2017. Can't wait to run around with a hatchet for 3 hours again. :D <3

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018

Just had to post another comment. It's friggin' amazing so far. Great job, Haleks. I love it. I was hoping you'd use the 2017 backpacks, and you did.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018

Stormforge
Niceonegunit wrote
That would just make the game easier. One soda/can of food fills you up completely. Getting better food/water sources is just not a good idea.
Think you misunderstood where I was going with this.

I meant a lot less soda and more canteens. That way you have to carry more canteens on you and they take up space even when empty. Would mean also having to look for water sources. Also you would only find empty canteens in buildings.

As for food I was thinking that this far into the future canned goods would be more rare. Cooked meat on bandits (0-2 pieces) but none in buildings as it would go bad. I also meant to put that the spawn rate of food should be a lot less to make hunting more useful and foraging harder. Say have a greater spawn chance in buildings for empty cans vs. canned food.

Sounds to me, too, like a buff to the consumable loot drop. :P

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018

Stormforge
Have to admit though I haven't had a chance to try it out yet so I do not know how common loot is in it.

Also forgot about raw meat, and could replace some of the cooked meat on bandits with that. Would need a box of matches and a hatchet or wood to use it.

Was looking at this from this perspective. Running along with only 2 pieces of meat. Do I risk eating one for hunger hoping I do not get hurt or should I start looking to hunt or forage for food. With foraging being a big maybe to turn up food, so more often than not you depend on hunting animals or the 2 legged varmints for food. Also with being almost no soda to speak of some of your inventory is taken up by a few canteens and remembering or looking constantly for new water sources.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018

Stormforge wrote
Have to admit though I haven't had a chance to try it out yet so I do not know how common loot is in it.

Also forgot about raw meat, and could replace some of the cooked meat on bandits with that. Would need a box of matches and a hatchet or wood to use it.

Was looking at this from this perspective. Running along with only 2 pieces of meat. Do I risk eating one for hunger hoping I do not get hurt or should I start looking to hunt or forage for food. With foraging being a big maybe to turn up food, so more often than not you depend on hunting animals or the 2 legged varmints for food. Also with being almost no soda to speak of some of your inventory is taken up by a few canteens and remembering or looking constantly for new water sources.
You start with a hatchet and knife, and there are barrels everywhere. I'm not trying to be rude. But most changes to the loot table at this point would be a buff.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018

Stormforge
This post was updated on .
Have to take some time and give it a try. Didn't realize the loot was reduced that much. Might from the sound of it be good where it is at.

Ok played a bit. Spawned on the west side of Electro and looted a few houses but mostly the 2 firehouses, restaurant, school?, hospital, and store. Came away with an MRE, 5 cans of assorted food, 2 full canteens, some assorted equipment and ammo, a tinker pack, and a rusty M16 no ammo. Not too bad might be a bit much as I didn't even get close to searching all the buildings. Found hardly anything at the next town north. Maybe it was because Electro is a larger city, I know where to look, and stopped after I found that much?

Have not seen any bandits or survivors. Not even gunshots. Could be that I am missing them because it is dark and slowly getting lighter. Did hear the helicopter but was nowhere near it. Though I have yet to fire a shot. Being as stealthy as possible.

Re: RELEASE : DaiZy 2018

Stormforge wrote
[...]

I've only looted Balota and Cherno so far, ended up with 3 drinks, and 3 cans of beans and stuff. And a King Hobo Pack or whatever it's called. M16 with 2 mags and an AKM (both at Balota). But food over all is really rare. (In this life). I didn't like Barezino, so I respawned.

I also never really found an animal.
1234 ... 41