More maps smacked into one (You will be able to travel between maps)

More maps smacked into one (You will be able to travel between maps)

Okey, so regardless of your opinion about Frankie, he inspired me to do this.

His "we took the boat to Taviana from Chernarus" got me thinking, wouldn't it be cool to be able to travel through mods and maps? Well, soon you will be.

This is my #1 prio after the Breaking Point update. (I'll slowly be working on both).

If/when I upload this, I'll start working on Origins, and then add that straight away. (Origins will also be released individually if I make a stable one).

Re: More maps smacked into one (You will be able to travel between maps)

anifan97203
By the power of Grayskull!
You sir, are my hero.

Re: More maps smacked into one (You will be able to travel between maps)

anifan97203 wrote
By the power of Grayskull!
You sir, are my hero.
Ha! I'm glad to hear that I'm doing something right. It's a fairly large project, though. But I'm quite hyped.

Re: More maps smacked into one (You will be able to travel between maps)

Sb8i
Seriously...that would be wondefull

Re: More maps smacked into one (You will be able to travel between maps)

deathshank
wow that would be awesome

Re: More maps smacked into one (You will be able to travel between maps)

JuniYo
Your sir got my respect!!! I've always been wishing to travel between maps :D Looking forward to it <3

Re: More maps smacked into one (You will be able to travel between maps)

A Hobo Panda
Above, this sounds amazing :DD but what about the Napf update? I was looking forward to all the new skins you were testing out on Napf :/

Oh well, if you get the BP release out and start working on this, I'd be happy as can be. This sounds like an awesome idea for a mod :3 although, you would have to make sure all the maps had the same set of loot tables weapon-wise, which might be hard :p
I have no idea what I'm doing. Trust me, I'm a dentist.

Re: More maps smacked into one (You will be able to travel between maps)

anifan97203
My experience in modding has only been in the Battlefield and Left 4 Dead series.  So I'm not sure of all the intricacies of Arma II.  But, I assume you would have to pick one single mod to run on all of the maps.  Doing so, I would think, would mean that each of the included maps would run off of a single loot table.
As I said, Arma II is an entirely new animal to me.  So I may be completely off on that.
Guess it's time to start learning.

Re: More maps smacked into one (You will be able to travel between maps)

A Hobo Panda wrote
Above, this sounds amazing :DD but what about the Napf update? I was looking forward to all the new skins you were testing out on Napf :/

Oh well, if you get the BP release out and start working on this, I'd be happy as can be. This sounds like an awesome idea for a mod :3 although, you would have to make sure all the maps had the same set of loot tables weapon-wise, which might be hard :p

That's the thing, I'll have to put the perfect code together and make new missions.

The skins you're talking about will most likely be a part of this "mod" though.

This would be ideal. But you could also just run all mods. Not sure if that would work perfectly, though.

Re: More maps smacked into one (You will be able to travel between maps)

Matsuda_sempai
I just thought of a way it might be a bit easier, say you have exit and entrance points on the map so if you start on Chernarus and want to go to namalsk then make a exit point at the north east part of Chernarus and have the Chernarus mission completed and have it where is saves your loadout then in order to come back you would need a boat or a heli or better yet have a npc can you trade with to get a ride back and forth.

below is an armaverse map
QomProvince.png

Re: More maps smacked into one (You will be able to travel between maps)

Ray
Matsuda_sempai wrote
I just thought of a way it might be a bit easier, say you have exit and entrance points on the map so if you start on Chernarus and want to go to namalsk then make a exit point at the north east part of Chernarus and have the Chernarus mission completed and have it where is saves your loadout then in order to come back you would need a boat or a heli or better yet have a npc can you trade with to get a ride back and forth.

below is an armaverse map
QomProvince.png
That's even more confusing in my opinion.

How can you guys even know what's better or easier, when I haven't even announced how I'm doing it? :D

Re: More maps smacked into one (You will be able to travel between maps)

anifan97203
I think the easiest and most reliable way is to sit back and let Above do his thing.  Then thank him repeatedly once it is finished.  That's my plan at least.

Re: More maps smacked into one (You will be able to travel between maps)

anifan97203 wrote
I think the easiest and most reliable way is to sit back and let Above do his thing.  Then thank him repeatedly once it is finished.  That's my plan at least.

Hehe, I don't mind tips and help. =)

Re: More maps smacked into one (You will be able to travel between maps)

Snuggly Overlord
How is the project going?

Re: More maps smacked into one (You will be able to travel between maps)

Snuggly Overlord wrote
How is the project going?

To be completely honest, I've not started yet. I need to get BP updated first, and Origins. Those will both me a part of the update.

My biggest and probably only problem is mixing the Origins code with Breaking Point successfully.

Nah, I've tried it before. I combined Napf, Lingor Skaro, BP and Namalsk. When I logged into one mission, I spawned in the sea with a "Greetings" thing and couldn't move. And I spawned with 7-8 people in my squad.

Re: More maps smacked into one (You will be able to travel between maps)

So origins been moved back again ffs

Re: More maps smacked into one (You will be able to travel between maps)

Ray wrote
So origins been moved back again ffs

What do you mean? );
123