More maps smacked into one (You will be able to travel between maps)

Re: More maps smacked into one (You will be able to travel between maps)

A Hobo Panda
2nd page, bitchezzzz ;D
I have no idea what I'm doing. Trust me, I'm a dentist.

Re: More maps smacked into one (You will be able to travel between maps)

Lol. GG

Re: More maps smacked into one (You will be able to travel between maps)

Milosz
best idea i've ever heard about dayz!

Re: More maps smacked into one (You will be able to travel between maps)

Mixxed177
So how long this will take i know that is hard but i cant wait enymore!!!

Re: More maps smacked into one (You will be able to travel between maps)

Dr Pepper
When will this be available for public use. Cause i can not wait to be able to do this

Re: More maps smacked into one (You will be able to travel between maps)

Dr Pepper wrote
When will this be available for public use. Cause i can not wait to be able to do this

I might start working on this now, again. Since DayZ X is imperfect, to say the least.

Re: More maps smacked into one (You will be able to travel between maps)

jst2fst
You should make an overpoch sp if they were able to merge overwatch and epoch im sure you could make a sp one :)
Hal

Re: More maps smacked into one (You will be able to travel between maps)

Hal
This post was updated on .
If someone could just finish the Epoch SP, we would be OK.
When we have that, you could just download the addons that Overwatch uses (weapons and vehicles) and you would have your own "Overpoch".
Just go to armaholic and see whats there.
There's literally 1000's of addons to download.
All the so-called "overwatch" stuff is just addons for arma2.
FHQ Remington, Vilas weapons, Robert Hammer's weapons, Add-on vehicles, etc. etc.......
The Super Stallion Helicopter that's gonna be in the next update of Epoch, (whenever they release it)
is actually a pretty old arma 2 addon made by our friend "Rocket" before he was even thinking about a mod called "DayZ".
I'm just trying to say that we don't really need to merge anything.
What we need is just a basic Epoch SP.
Afterwards you just launch (or merge if you prefer to call it that) all the addons you like.
Just download the mod of your choice, put in the right launch parameters, and Bob's your uncle.
And to make things even easier, there's addon packs like rMod, or better even, rmod2.
That give you a shitload of stuff all in one pack.
Then when you're in the game, (SP) use an addon like Loki Lost key, (it's what I use), and you can just use whatever is in your Arma2 game files to play with.
No need to  "merge" 2 mods.
Just a question of running them at the same time.
Putting them both in your Arma 2 launch parameters.
You could run 40000 mods at the same time this way and you're not merging them.
Just to make it clear, when you run Overpoch, you dont merge the 2 mods, you run them at the same time.
Epoch and Overwatch.
-mod=@DayzOverwatch;@DayZ_Epoch
Allright I just hope this was of any use for you guys out there, and I'm desperately waiting for an Epoch Napf or Sauerland SP. (Not chernarus pleeeaaase....., hahaha...)

Catch yall later............

(Edit)
Before I forget, running 2 or more mods at the same time, is a completely different thing then
merging 2 or more maps together. (Had to edit cause i realised i got kinda off topic, sorry, heheh)

Re: More maps smacked into one (You will be able to travel between maps)

malau
About what you said HAL.....

Can you just force ANY map to work Dayz style just by forcing the parameters on the command line ?

So I would use -mod=@daizySP;@sauerland to force (in this example) a version of Daizy SP to run on the Sauerland map ?

It wouldn't require editing any stuff in the some PBOs that define what map is used ?

Re: More maps smacked into one (You will be able to travel between maps)

Haleks
It does require plenty of changes.

Re: More maps smacked into one (You will be able to travel between maps)

Wargog
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Hal

Re: More maps smacked into one (You will be able to travel between maps)

Hal
Hi malau, unfortunately it doesn't work that way.
I wish it did.
To start with, you need the loot to spawn, and that is only one thing that is map bounded.
There is a couple other things as well to take care of.
What is possible, as i said before, is take an existing Daizy (DayZ SP) and add vehicles, weapons etc.
Then spawn these in-game with Loki or some other tool.
You could even go into the editor and put them in the locations you want.
Sort of like making "spawn points" for them.
And it's all pretty easy and straightforward to do.
But I'm afraid that just taking a Daizy version and put that on any map is not possible.
Wow, if that could be, I would finally have a Daizy CLAfghan hahahaha......
Daizy Epoch CLafghan........, I'll keep dreaming....
See you later...

Hal

Re: More maps smacked into one (You will be able to travel between maps)

Hal
Sorry CommuneCode, but I don't really get this.
Me wanting you to port maps?
I was answering Malau's post not yours.
And Im most definitely not asking you for anything.
I really don't know where you got the idea from.
I reread my post 10 times and I dont see anything even remotely resembling any requests to you.
To tell you the truth, I kind of gave up on you.
You always seem to have lots of ideas, but you never finish something you start.
Apart from that, if I would ask someone here to do anything it would be to Above,
since this is his thread.
So please do me a favor, stop interfering in my answers to people that ask me for an explanation,
and stop posting sarcastic comments, theres no need for that.
Thank you.

Sincerely,  Hal.

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED

Bushcrank
You shouldn't take Hals lack of faith in you as a lack of faith from everyone. I cant speak for everyone but I've been checking this thread for some time now waiting on the 1.0.5 update and I have no less faith in you now than I did at the start, good things take time and all that.

CONTENTS DELETED

Munnster
We still have faith in you Commune and now that the 1.0.5 update is out we hope to see more of your work soon. I keep checking your github for anything new your working on.