Daizy Napf Alienized

Stir
This post was updated on .
Napf Alienized.

It is how it's sound. Main idea in Dayz for me always is: to unite and survive. I play a lot in multiplayer and I tired that people make deathmatch from such marvelous game. In this mission players will desperately need to unite for survive.
 I took most of  Above's Napf files and added few new units. I used only empty space on the map.  Also I changed a bit of task patrol so bandits now are more like in multiplayer. In nearest future I will add cba taskpatrol for alienz.
I included cars in patrol such as fueltank (so player can refuel while driving) repair track and ambulance - never checked what it do.
File is a bit heavy cause I will use it for my future project ( maps napf, taviana and namalsk, maybe Podagorsk connected with each other.)
By now it is only Napf map.

Storyline: after meteorites fall in Taviana, humanity realised at we are not alone in this universe. But it is been too late... NAC soldiers give last fight against aliens. Bandits killing everybody. Player must join some1 to survive. Run into NAPF castle to meet survivors (in the middle of this map). More survivors near Yanov station building.

-Alienz added
-New small town on the west - where invasion began.
-More cars (SIGMA)
-Pripyat buildings (few)
-Survivors added.

Thanx to Above and Haleks for great Heli and Daizy scripts.
Here is how I see napf, taviana and namalsk on one map.

Napf folder:
https://mega.co.nz/#!sIojUbaL!ftbKCAaH_FB38FUtkOm-YXGtyeYhsHHGENgUepsrHGY

Mission file:
https://mega.co.nz/#!IA4jTTRT!BHwqn1s0TiAEQbtMduFKVF_DqEpvzXntdFp5mhjxK7I

If you have userconfig error:
https://mega.co.nz/#!ZdRmxbxR!RAzQ-C8x_QPDDcXcY-cw3iWsNFFzbk6InajEjz3_Wos

Download Napf - unzip in main arma 2 oa directory
Download Mission file put it in mission folder.
Launch with: -mod=@Napf
Survive

Mission update 24.08.2013 - RPG_backpack error - deleted; More trees added; More hardcore added.
Known issues: Can not take loot after player joining survivors -WIP. (possible solution - change skin or kill survivors)
                    Alien aircraft do not attack - WIP.

Re: Daizy Napf Alienized

Did you port your own, including loot choords and everything?

Re: Daizy Napf Alienized

jst2fst
so it has 3 maps in one?

Re: Daizy Napf Alienized

Stir
Most of it is ur files Above. However i did change smth. I fokused mostly on task patrol and alienz.

Re: Daizy Napf Alienized

Stir
Not yet. By now its Abovs Napf with aliens and some new buildings in it.

Re: Daizy Napf Alienized

Stir wrote
Most of it is ur files Above. However i did change smth. I fokused mostly on task patrol and alienz.

Copying someone's release is something, I guess. But why Napf? It's broken.

Re: Daizy Napf Alienized

Stir
Napf I do like in real life. Above u use Haleks work on every map u do, dont u? In Napf u used only 1/4 of the map. So I added what I think is needed. What is broken?

Re: Daizy Napf Alienized

Stir wrote
Napf I do like in real life. Above u use Haleks work on every map u do, dont u? In Napf u used only 1/4 of the map. So I added what I think is needed. What is broken?
No, most my maps are re-used files of my old releases. Wich from the beginning is Unknowns files, but enchanced by all of us really. Napf however used FACTIONS 1.7.7 as base, meaning I took factions code + the mission, removed everything from the mission and built Napf on it. The code was an unlocked Vanilla code, so I just had to add whatever I wanted Napf to be, including alot of stuff since Napf is far from Vanilla-like.

The Napf I used was the official map, so I used 110% of it, including the village and buildings I added.

I'm not bashing you for it, no need to go all defencive on me. What I was saying was that Napf is broken, therefor pointless to re-release. Again, I don't care, I'm just saying. It isn't playable. Zombies wont attack you after X resumes.

*EDIT: Haleks is the main reason Napf ever got released (because of the unlock), and I really appreciate the scripts I have used that he made. But the Napf release was made by me. x)

Re: Daizy Napf Alienized

Stir
Zombies wont attack... Have u tried to change them to civilian side?

And Im appreciate ur and Halekses work. Thats why I published here my little add-on for ur map.
Did any1 downloaded and tried it yet?  Is it working for everybody? Write ur opinion plz. In launch parameters -mod=@Napf needed only I guess.

Re: Daizy Napf Alienized

A Hobo Panda
Your post says to launch using "-mod=@Napf;-@CBA". If you were to put -@CBA, it wouldn't launch using CBA lol
I have no idea what I'm doing. Trust me, I'm a dentist.

Re: Daizy Napf Alienized

Stir
My bad, Im already edited it. I was in rush when I uploaded, so I copied what I had in my launch option. However I think people forgive me for that.
And in next my work u will need CBA as well.

Re: Daizy Napf Alienized

Stir wrote
Zombies wont attack... Have u tried to change them to civilian side?

It's a glitch, it has nothing to do with the intentional changes.

Re: Daizy Napf Alienized

kodabar
I've tried it. Runs pretty well. Aliens spawn just fine, zombies spawn and attack, bandits do likewise. Got a bit of a shock the first time an alien spacecraft flew over my head. And if I knew where the castle is, I'd have headed there to see what happened. Oh and I saw helicopters shooting at each other, which is always nice.

Welcome to Earth

Yeah, I'm liking this one. I'm about to do a series of videos on the more extant DaiZy variations and I'd like to do one about this. Are you okay with that?

Re: Daizy Napf Alienized

Stir
Sure, Im glad to hear this.
PS:Zombies wont attack only if use godmod or zombieshield for a long time.

Re: Daizy Napf Alienized

Stir
PSS: Napf castle is in the middle of this map. More survivors near Janov station.

Re: Daizy Napf Alienized

Stir wrote
Sure, Im glad to hear this.
PS:Zombies wont attack only if use godmod or zombieshield for a long time.

That's not true, if you have the same glitch as I did, wich you obviously do, it happens after a few reloads.

Using cheats does most likely not affect it at all. I wasn't using cheats when I was trying to fix this glitch.

Re: Daizy Napf Alienized

Stir
Above have u tried my addon yet? After I added zetas on same side as zombie I never seen anything like this. True is I didnt played for hours in this addon, usually my pers got killed very fast and that was my aim in this mod - to make it more harder to survive.
But if u say so I will look into init or smth, maybe it helps. Anyway when I will add more islands on this map that glitch will go away 4 sure=)
 Thanks for advise.

Re: Daizy Napf Alienized

Stir wrote
Above have u tried my addon yet? After I added zetas on same side as zombie I never seen anything like this. True is I didnt played for hours in this addon, usually my pers got killed very fast and that was my aim in this mod - to make it more harder to survive.
But if u say so I will look into init or smth, maybe it helps. Anyway when I will add more islands on this map that glitch will go away 4 sure=)
 Thanks for advise.

No, I haven't.

You might've fixed it, then. I haven't looked at it, but I think I got a solution. If I get it fixed, I'll make a big update.

Re: Daizy Napf Alienized

Mucha
I'm trying to test the mod, but I have problems when opening the mission tells me that depends on downloadable content. I thought it was a problem that had put the wrong text in the launcher. If you could give me a solution

Re: Daizy Napf Alienized

kodabar
Only errors I get are this one on loading:
Cannot load texture ca\air\data\optika_heli_tl.paa

And this one after a while:
Bad vehicle type DZ_RPGbackpack_EP1
123