DaiyZ Factions 1.7.7. with CHEATS - Based on Haleks Release

DaiyZ Factions 1.7.7. with CHEATS - Based on Haleks Release

DayZ_SP
This is for gamers who want the sandbox experience the old DayZ SP provided and not the hard corps, "l337t" experience DayZ is turning into:

DaiyZFactions with Cheat Menu

Installation:

-Missions go in "missions" subfolder

-Addons --> OPTIONAL: Replace "dazyz_code.pbo" in your DaiyZFactions addons subfolder with this one to allow full control over your game.

I altered the dayz code to allow quitting the game during combat. This is SP, so you should have the right to quit the game when you please, not after some lame 30 second rule, or whatever. This is the ONLY change (beside cheats) made to Halek's release.

WHY I RELEASED THIS PATCH:

DayZ is at a crossroads right now. The latest update (1.7.7) alienated a lot of players due to the increased difficulty, but not in the way Rocket, hoped. Rocket wants the Zeds to be a real threat, but this latest update went too far where experienced players don't have time to play four hours and only come up with a few tin cans for loot and die of infection at the end of their play session.

The Zombie knock down mechanic is also poorly implemented and received so much negative criticism a hot fix is going to be released tomorrow (most likely) to remove, or tone it down.

I like challenging games... But this IS a game, and a lot of the fun is slowly being removed in favor of players who take games way too seriously and who are most likely kids on Summer Break who have nothing to do other than play DayZ, 12 hours a day.

This is why I released this "patch".

It should bring back some of the fun of SP and allow players to play the game how THEY want to play it.

If you don't want to use it, don't download it.

Re: DaiyZ Factions 1.7.7. with CHEATS - Based on Haleks Release

totalfishsticks
How do i open up cheat menu :0

Re: DaiyZ Factions 1.7.7. with CHEATS - Based on Haleks Release

DayZ_SP
Press "0" and "0" (the radio menu).

Re: DaiyZ Factions 1.7.7. with CHEATS - Based on Haleks Release

Man I wish you'd have told me about this before releasing...
Not that I mind you making a patch, but I'm unsure how much it was actually needed : the "abort" option is already fixed in the current Faction release and, as for the Cheat question - well this is Single player indeed so people can freely use any addon such as Loki's or Kron's Support Call... It is already more than enough to customize DaiZy.

And the motivation behind this patch needles me a bit : comparing DayZ players to kids in summer break sounds a tad disrepectful. There's plenty of reasons to play Dayz/DaiZy, everyone sure has his vision about it and I sure do not mean to impose the "right one". But implying that a DaiZy release without the cheat menu doesn't have the 'fun of SP' does show a lack of consideration for both the author(s) and the people playing it...

Re: DaiyZ Factions 1.7.7. with CHEATS - Based on Haleks Release

mp5lng
I was thinking if dayz_sp asked haleks for autorisation to patch "his" release but haleks' post  forced me to shut up,.
...we're pretty much sure no "kid" can hold on in dayz for more than 5 minutes before he starts crying, i believe the younger dayz' player must be at least 16 years old, and the funny thing is we're not in "summer break" yet !  ;-)

So taking away these words would be appreciated,.

PS: cheats ruins the games !,.

Re: DaiyZ Factions 1.7.7. with CHEATS - Based on Haleks Release

DayZ_SP
I saw a few posts asking for the cheat menu and you flatly refused. You also have other players touting the only way to play the game is without cheats which again, is arrogant and shortsighted.

Also, some people have problems using Loki's Lost Key, or Kron's Support Call and/or they want the cheats integrated into the game.

Not considering any of this shows a lack of properly considering your player base that is composed of different types of players.

Where is the no-AI release of 1.7.7?

Some people want the DayZ experience offline. That means no-AI survivors, or AI bandits.

I debated even releasing this, but I also have a feeling there are more viewing this forum who want to speak out, but are afraid of being "that guy/gal" who looks like "noob" just because they want to play the game a certain way.

However, you need not worry.

This will be my last release of anybody else's work.

I've learnt my lesson.

Happy gaming

Re: DaiyZ Factions 1.7.7. with CHEATS - Based on Haleks Release

Haleks
DayZ_SP wrote
I saw a few posts asking for the cheat menu and you flatly refused. You also have other players touting the only way to play the game is without cheats which again, is arrogant and shortsighted.
"Flatly refused"? I never said "no", as far as I remember. I've been proposing missions both with and without cheats on the 1.7.6.1 version and the idea never left my mind. I simply wanted to edit some of them for the 1.7.7 code and was, at the same time, in a hurry to release a playable version. Wich is why I kept the cheats for later (as well as the BAF mission).

And again, I don't mind people using or modifying any of the Factions releases - but a word of it before, and I could have told you I was working on an update with optionnal files...
And if you disagree with the current settings of my release - feel free to make your own! I know I've enjoyed some of yours a few months back, why not handling a No AI version or whatever you feel DaiZy should be?
I think we'll agree if I say I already spend quite a lot of time on the Faction mods, and I sure can't satisfy everyone... Nonetheless I do my best to keep an eye on people's feedback/whishes and always consider whatever they suggest (eventhough I don't always take the time to answer).
I was a bit astonished by the tone of your post, that is all. There's nothing wrong in assuming that something needs to be fixed or added, but the way of doin' it was a bit harsh in my opinion.

Anyway, happy gaming to you too!

Re: DaiyZ Factions 1.7.7. with CHEATS - Based on Haleks Release

DayZ_SP wrote
The Zombie knock down mechanic is also poorly implemented and received so much negative criticism a hot fix is going to be released tomorrow (most likely) to remove, or tone it down.
This is the only thing I can really comment. Facing the zombies is not really that hard. And the knockdowns aren't THAT common.

I think it was a cool feature, to be honest. What do you lose in blood for getting knocked down? 200 blood max? It's recover-able.

I think alot of the hatecomments comes from kids (speaking of kids) that just didn't really give it a shot, nor tried to adapt. People are used to find high end gear 10 mins after spawning.

I remember R4ZOR saying that they'll keep everything aswell, just add more ways of losing the infection. :P (he might've said other things about it that I haven't read. But this is basically what I read).

That is some truth right there.
ste

Re: DaiyZ Factions 1.7.7. with CHEATS - Based on Haleks Release

ste
I think it was a cool feature, to be honest. What do you lose in blood for getting knocked down? 200 blood max? It's recover-able.

when there are 10 zombies chasing you, 1 knocks you down and the rest slaughter you,
every death so far in napf has been caused by this.

Well, aren't zombies supposed to try and grab you, rather than just hitting you and let you run?
Anyway, all of this is going to be patched today, let's wait & see...

Re: DaiyZ Factions 1.7.7. with CHEATS - Based on Haleks Release

Havoc
Above wrote
DayZ_SP wrote
The Zombie knock down mechanic is also poorly implemented and received so much negative criticism a hot fix is going to be released tomorrow (most likely) to remove, or tone it down.
This is the only thing I can really comment. Facing the zombies is not really that hard. And the knockdowns aren't THAT common.

I think it was a cool feature, to be honest. What do you lose in blood for getting knocked down? 200 blood max? It's recover-able.

I think alot of the hatecomments comes from kids (speaking of kids) that just didn't really give it a shot, nor tried to adapt. People are used to find high end gear 10 mins after spawning.

I remember R4ZOR saying that they'll keep everything aswell, just add more ways of losing the infection. :P (he might've said other things about it that I haven't read. But this is basically what I read).
To be honest I completely disagree with the direction DayZ is taking. Sadly for rocket it's either "My way or the highway".
An attitude which I don't mind if your way is a consistent way. But he's the hell all over the fucking place.

Zombies were never a threat in DayZ(still aren't), never seemed to be intended as one. Just a nuisance, something to keep you from camping in a town and keep you moving while looting. They're also not the reason why DayZ became popular. It's not a Zombie hunting simulation, and why would it be, there is no fun in killing zombies, and no reward for doing it, it's more of a massive Griefing Simulation. Zombies are better kept as an ambiance object, not a deterrent for new players. Plus all those changes make the whole scenario even more unrealistic and completely kill the immersion for me.

Re: DaiyZ Factions 1.7.7. with CHEATS - Based on Haleks Release

ste wrote
I think it was a cool feature, to be honest. What do you lose in blood for getting knocked down? 200 blood max? It's recover-able.

when there are 10 zombies chasing you, 1 knocks you down and the rest slaughter you,
every death so far in napf has been caused by this.
You are not meant to have 10 zombies chasing you. And even if you do, outrunning zeds is not hard, not even in 1.7.7.

The only real problem in this patch is the infection risk, and the fact that you (pretty much) can't cure it.

It's not gamebreaking, it's just not perfect.

I always kinda looked at DayZ like CoD with food, lol.. Nah but, I like the zeds, and the harder they are, the better. After all, we wanna have a hard time surviving an apocolypse, or I do, at least.

Re: DaiyZ Factions 1.7.7. with CHEATS - Based on Haleks Release

Motors6
Fu*k yeah! I want to survive zombie apocalypse too not only bandit wars!!!

[...]

Yea but if you think about it, logically or... realistically, hypothetical Zombies would never pose a threat in real-life. Depending of course on the type of zombie, but I think DayZ established itself very well as a Reanimated-Corpse kind of thing, the least threatening kind of Zed.

I think of DayZ more as a sociological statement, because the biggest threat in a Apocalyptic scenario won't be the dead, it will be the living. It's the human nature you have to fight here, the chaos to which man succumbs once law and order are absent. It's Lord of the Flies all over again.

DayZ MP has devolved into a glorified Deathmatch, and the new tweaks won't change this. Worst case scenario, people will get bored and quit. Because there is no reward for killing zeds, there is no benefit in cooperating early on, once you got past a certain threshold equipment wise, it gets even easier now to murder other players, especially newer players, because they will be much busier with zeds to notice a ghuille with a silenced gun in the woods.

If I want to play Zombie survival to kill zombies, I play Dead Island... or Dead Rising... really ANY other zombie game brings more joy to killing zombies than DayZ does.

That's why I love DaiZy, because of the bandits. Lot's of killing other humans without feeling like a dick! And without all the hackers. :D
You could leave out the zeds all together and I'd be entertained for days. Maybe even more so than I am now.

Re: DaiyZ Factions 1.7.7. with CHEATS - Based on Haleks Release

DayZ_SP
My initial comments may have been harsh, but they sparked a real conversation that hasn't been happening on this board for a long time.

As stated, DayZ is at a crossroads and it is now splintering the larger community, right or wrong, due to the direction Rocket and the other devs seem to be taking the mod. They are still open to feedback, but at the end of the day it is their mod and standalone game.

Rocket is slowly taking away choice and making the game only for hard corp players, but not in a balanced, or even consistent way. Most of the new changes are forced because of the limitations of the engine... And they (changes) are probably going to be carried over to the stand alone, too, since the mod is a test bed for the SA minus everything being server-side.

That's why I love DaiZy, because of the bandits. Lot's of killing other humans without feeling like a dick! And without all the hackers. :D
You could leave out the zeds all together and I'd be entertained for days. Maybe even more so than I am now.
I have a 1.7.7 version of DayZ with Zombies completely removed. I do this for every release version for internal testing. Not only do they perform much better resource-wise, but it does something no other first person / third person shooter does: Adds a real survival element that isn't solely dependent on who has better twitch reflexes.

I remove the zombie indicators (eye and ear), but keep everything else. Focusing on HvH (Human vs. Human), or simulated PvP also allows me to experiment using scripts meant for normal Arma II that function better without the zombies getting in the way as well e.g. UPSMON scripts, improved AI, etc.

I also have a single player version of Hard Corp DayZ running as well. This is the mod that adds ACE functionality to the base DayZ game. It's based on older Dayz code, but the original authors of the mod are making a whole new version based on the latest code, so it will have the journal, increased infections, etc.

All of these things illustrate CHOICE.

This is what I feel is slowly being removed from original DayZ, and especially DaiyZ because development is now solely being done by two people who prefer to play one way versus multiple developers who have different  play styles and players in mind.

Re: DaiyZ Factions 1.7.7. with CHEATS - Based on Haleks Release

DayZ_SP
@Havoc

You might be interested in this upcoming game:

Tom Clancy's The Division

It's an Xbox One exclusive, but there is a petition asking for it to be put on PC as well.

I used to play Hard Corps at one points, it's a damn nice mod. I'd say it's more army/PvP based than Vanilla DayZ.

Re: DaiyZ Factions 1.7.7. with CHEATS - Based on Haleks Release

DayZ_SP wrote
My initial comments may have been harsh, but they sparked a real conversation that hasn't been happening on this board for a long time.

As stated, DayZ is at a crossroads and it is now splintering the larger community, right or wrong, due to the direction Rocket and the other devs seem to be taking the mod. They are still open to feedback, but at the end of the day it is their mod and standalone game.

[...]
Well, it is their mod to begin with. In my point of view, they have the right to do whatever they want with DayZ : it's still free as far as I know, and the success of the mod (as well as the boost in OA sales) doesn't change anything in that matter. Half the players can moan about it, they don't owe anything to anyone : the devs (I'm not thinking about Rocket since he doesn't do much for the mod anymore) have already done (and still do) an amazing amount of  work on this, and I fail to see why they should bow to every "I want this" or "I don't like that!".

That being said, DaiZy is SP, and unofficial - so we do have more alternatives/choices.

DayZ_SP wrote
All of these things illustrate CHOICE.

This is what I feel is slowly being removed from original DayZ, and especially DaiyZ because development is now solely being done by two people who prefer to play one way versus multiple developers who have different  play styles and players in mind.
I do have my way to play games; but I don't think I'm imposing it. I've always intended to propose something similar to DayZ vanilla, with or without tools to customize it or alternative scenarios (the BAF mission). Now, of course we can have many variants : walking deads, adaptation of other mods or maps, ACE compatibility, anything. But as you say : we're only two people working on it right now, and I sure as shit don't have the time to create x versions of DaiZy.

I already have my hands full; and eventhough I don't consider myself being entitled to satisfy everyone, I think I already do my possible to deliver alternatives : working on 5 different mission files per update is time consuming.

You are obviously still modding DaiZy for your own purposes; if the lack of different versions/settings does annoy you, why not releasing your own creations?
123