DaiZy+ v042e Progress

Niceonegunit

Hey DaiZy fans!

It's me again, I thought I'd drop by and pop this here now rather than later.

Like before, this v042e is not official. I am not part of UNKNOWN's team and it is unlikely that I will ever be. However, I am working hard on this.

So let's dive into this juicy update, shall we?

- Features

-Bandits/Survivors have random loot drops, with survivors yielding food and medical supplies, and bandits with ammo and parts.
-Bandits and survivors are much much more aware and agile. They also have better aim. So watch out, bandits move around a lot and are likely to spot you before you spot them.
-Bandits and survivors shoot zeds properly.
-Godmode cheat, turning this badboy on will make you immune to damage!
-Teleport cheat, launch this baby and click on the map to teleport to that location!
-Artillery Support cheat, this thing is insane, hit it and your character will shout out coords into his radio and after a small delay, two artillery pieces will begin shelling the location that you marked on your map!

- Suggestions!

Alright guys, I feel this update was a little underwhelming, so I need you guys to give me suggestions before I release it!

- Video!

Video will be uploaded to Youtube shortly.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: DaiZy+ v042e Progress

CalUKGR
Update sounds great to me.

My Request: Any chance we'll ever the ability to spawn in any or all of the aircraft in ArmA2? Kronzky's 'Support Call' gives all the land-based vehicles but none of the helos or planes.

Thank you for continuing to work on updates for DaiZy.

Re: DaiZy+ v042e Progress

Sounds wicked!

The only things I can add if you feel the need to add more things are... Bloodbag yourself option, if you somehow don't already still have that in the file. AND 042e for Lingor and the other maps if possible.

042e Lingor would be sick. :3

Re: DaiZy+ v042e Progress

Niceonegunit
Bloodbag has already been done.

Sure, I suppose.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: DaiZy+ v042e Progress

yourampage
how do the zeds react when bandits and survivors are around?

Re: DaiZy+ v042e Progress

Niceonegunit
Same as usual. Just ignore them.

I'd love to be able to change it but zombies are hardcoded to attack only player units. And furthermore, I cannot edit it because Eliteness won't allow me.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: DaiZy+ v042e Progress

Magicka
Have you solve the survivors problem? I mean I can't pick up stuff after they spawn, in 0.42d :(

Re: DaiZy+ v042e Progress

yourampage
nah its alright Niceonegunit just wish that could happen but other than that its great thanks for the reply

Re: DaiZy+ v042e Progress

FoxDIE
suggestion! for this update i would really enjoy for a change to survivors spawn normaly, and dont just spawn in building like church, out of no where and screaming at you becoming your best friends. Like bandits i would like them to spawn far from  their "objetive", so i can see them and choose if hide or engage, like i do with bandits =P  kinda like a bandtis version!  been able to team-up with bandits from just certain places, also reduce the amount of  IA spawn perhaps  would rises the paraboid feeling.

what do you think of those for  a change? =D

Re: DaiZy+ v042e Progress

Tommygun9504
Personally, what I really want is tweaks to the bandit and survivor loot, as well as tent loot changing. Other day in 0.42d, found only an empty soda can and another box of painkillers :(

Can't wait for the update though :D

Re: DaiZy+ v042e Progress

Tommygun9504
CalUKGR wrote
Update sounds great to me.

My Request: Any chance we'll ever the ability to spawn in any or all of the aircraft in ArmA2? Kronzky's 'Support Call' gives all the land-based vehicles but none of the helos or planes.

Thank you for continuing to work on updates for DaiZy.
I use Loki's Lost Key for vehicle and weapon spawning, also contains other neat features like artillery, ladder spawning, and my personal favourite, something called Das Big Guns, which adds all the heavy vehicle weaponry (GAU-8, Hydras etc) to your loadout, taking up no inventory space whatsoever :D

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6010

Re: DaiZy+ v042e Progress

Proctoron
Been playing v042d quite alot since your unofficial release, and would like a fix on the following if possible:

-When you get buddies you cant loot anymore (not so fun to go to NW airfield, get two buddies, and not being able to loot) I am starting to wish they weren't there.
-Not able to combine .45 ammo to M1911 and vice verca, not that big of a deal though.
-I am often able to get close to a Bandit and shadow him just a few meters behind his back, without him noticing me.. :P (but when i get far enough back again, BAM, they empty their clips on me, so maybe it is a trick of theirs :P)
-I'd love to be able to spawn an PBX at the water (or that it could be a fixed PBX spawn somewere (yeah i know but i am a sailor and need the fresh sea breeze once in a while and i for me it is the most important part right now togheter with the Buddies/not able to loot bug)

Anyway, great work so far, i got to become more careful, been one shotted by Bandits quite a few times latley.

Re: DaiZy+ v042e Progress

Niceonegunit
1. That was me, I fucked up the survivors on complete accident and forgot to remove it. Sorry 'bout that.

2. Weird. I can, maybe something on your end.

3. Like in the features list above, bandits are super-aware now and will actually, you know, try to kill you.

4. There is definitely a way, I just need to figure it out because I have the searching skills of a ten-month old crab that was recently stomped on.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: DaiZy+ v042e Progress

FoxDIE
i dont understan one thing ...one of the top reasons for playing offline is because after you found some decent gear and maybe get a vehicle the worst thing coud happend is that some guy teleport to your back a kill you with the termo misile launcher.....now there is no hacker-trheat, no body will could kill non-legit way  and now you are free to play the game , find different cars, even boats and choopers  and repair them od course , and now you want spawn shit ? xD i dont imagine how driving towars the ANW in a vehicle you just spawned and with god-mod on is something near fun xD how long coud this be fun? for those who never have found a car, try, really you will see is much more fun.

again: bandit-survival version pleaseeeee =D
rye

Re: DaiZy+ v042e Progress

rye
anybody know how to give ammo to the 2 buddies they keep running out then they aint much help thx

Re: DaiZy+ v042e Progress

Niceonegunit
And that's where you are wrong. This is single-player, thus he can do whatever he damn well wants to.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: DaiZy+ v042e Progress

FoxDIE
i am not wrong because i did not order to play "my way" or anything like that i was just asking and sharing my opinion...i was mad when i wrote that because a hacker just killed me with artillery ,even teleport to a building to watch the show xD but i didnĀ“t mean to offend anybody! of course everybody is  free to play the way they want....so sorry  i guess.

About the update works really good! Played for half and hour or so, making may way trhough cherno heared shoot and hide from them, and i didnt engage any bandit so...there less? i was able to clear my way out from the top of a building without any surprises so it was nice =D I went to churc and two survivor join me but when i killed the female one she didnt fall, just die standing , male fall with grace xD .....

So...in a fast walk trough cherno  i was able to pick up decent gear (medium-low xD) and saw one nice car and one heli crash ( i did not search the loot of it ) ran from gun-shoots and well....killed just 19 infecteds and those two survivros.... so greath job! thanks! but i really would like for a change to be able to spot survivor from the distance like bandits  because it is a little unrealistic  other way ,also would enjoy to snipe them if they got any interesting gear in hands =P

Re: DaiZy+ v042e Progress

Niceonegunit
Wait, where did you get v042e?

I haven't released the full release yet...
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: DaiZy+ v042e Progress

FoxDIE
what? when you post this i assumed you were announcing the new files were at our disposal and just went to the link were the older and with surprise discover the new!  what is not playable yet? =S

i just played that half hour doe... sorry if you are still working on.... want me to edit the coments or something?  i am just too impatient i know! sorry! xD

Re: DaiZy+ v042e Progress

Yes, 042e is uploaded, wtf. x')
123