RELEASE: Zargabad SP

So yah. Here's the Zargabad mission I was talking about in the "upcomming releases" subforum.

Both with and without AI - http://www.mediafire.com/?att6lzlu2stdq

The version without AI will still have vehicles/survivors and tents. I hope this is fair for everyone who don't want AI.

I will also make a version with modded weapons, and ArmA 2 weapons on bandits/survivors if it gets requested.

What's in this mission?

Bandits and survivors will have a random backpack, rifle and handgun (thanks to DayZ_SP). (There will not be any non-DayZ weapons or backpacks on AI).

Survivors and bandits will also have a chance to drop Ghillie Suit/ Camo clothing.

Survivors and bandits will have a random tool (NVG's, rangefinders, binoculars, compass etc etc etc).

Random tents will spawn (this one was quite hard, because it's all desert, so it wont have that MP feel of finding tents).

Vehicle spawns (aircraft around the airfield, wheeled around cities, and I didn't know what vehicles Zargabad usually has, so I just added some fitting ArmA 2 vehicles wich is also the only thing that's non-DayZ in this mission).

INSTRUCTIONS:

1. Download DayZ Commander if you don't have it.
2. Now download Zargabad from DayZ Commander.
3. Make a folder called "@DaiZyZargabadSP" and then an "addons" folder inside.
4. Now add all the Zargabad files you downloaded to the "addons" folder you made.
5. Now copy and replace my files in the "Addons" folder you made.
6. Last but not least, make a new shortcut (if you don't use a launcher). And add "-mod=@DaiZyZargabadSP" to the launch parameters.

SIDENOTE: There's apparantly a spawnpoint at the airfield. This appeared to be a fairly common spawnpoint. I don't know why, but that's the case. I didn't wanna remove the bandits from the airfield. So I'd rather keep it like MP. (Bandits roaming around the airfield).

Credits: DayZ_SP, AboveDayZ, Unknown, Niceonegunit and ZedHunter.

Re: RELEASE: Zargabad SP

I realized that this map was rather small. I will be looking into other desert maps later on. I'm also looking into making my whole own map.

Re: RELEASE: Zargabad SP

AzzaR4
Looking forward to giving this map a go :) cant wait!!!

Re: RELEASE: Zargabad SP

I don't know, it gave me a new opinion about desert maps. But it's still quite small. I hope you like the map, I'll be working on a Takistan mission, and have AI spawn perfectly for you to be able to just sit on a hill and snipe.

That's the only thing I can feel SP is missing sometimes, the ability to just head towards a city, prone on a cliff and just scope it out and kill some of the threat. I've done my best to have this happen in later releases. While it's not perfect, some of the mission has been fairly pleasing to play.

I hope Zargabad is for you! :)

Re: RELEASE: Zargabad SP

xeno
Works perfectly for me.

 But there isn't spawn vehicles.

Re: RELEASE: Zargabad SP

I modded the way the vehicles spawn, because I use to see thousand of vehicles spawn in (litterally). They wont be super common. I will check the file again tho. =)

EDIT, I threw an eye on the files. The vehicles should be spawning. However I changed it so that vehicles spawn 200 ish meters away from you, to make it abit harder to find a vehicle. And each spawn point got a CHANCE of spawning ONE vehicle.

I wanted it to be closer to what it would be online. I could also make a version where you have it more like one of the 200+ vehicle server, if you'd like.

Re: RELEASE: Zargabad SP

Niceonegunit
I seem to be in the credits of nearly everything.
But why?

About the airfield spawn, I had this problem on Takistan.
If you were at the old Takistan LAN test, you'd remember this.

The bandits would literally rape us with a hail of bullets as soon as a player spawned.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: RELEASE: Zargabad SP

Niceonegunit wrote
I seem to be in the credits of nearly everything.
But why?

About the airfield spawn, I had this problem on Takistan.
If you were at the old Takistan LAN test, you'd remember this.

The bandits would literally rape us with a hail of bullets as soon as a player spawned.
The reason I put you in the credits is because all my releases contains your work, and/or parts of it.

The airfield spawn was abit of a let-down. The ideal is always to have the player chose his/her battles. However, they seemed to not shoot you straight away.

Re: RELEASE: Zargabad SP

Larry
Banned User
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: RELEASE: Zargabad SP

Niceonegunit
Lucky you, then.

Not so much for me. Darn
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: RELEASE: Zargabad SP

DayZ_SP
Larry wrote
this would be the best for me if there are LESS bandits and survivors on the NOAI version.
They spawn too quickly, there are about 4-7 bandits and survivors on my MAP! and I thought there will be no survivors joining you in this version then why a sniper holding an AK and a female suvivor holding an ANTI-MATERIAL rifle join my group when I was in the CITY? o.O also why the ai gets the ANTI-MATERIAL rifle? I cant escape those guns. there BIG.. xD
Multiple bandits spawn because the script that creates the units is designed to create a GROUP of units and not just a single unit. It's from the original ArmA 2 and simulates a three, four man patrol players might encounter.  The number can be changed by having ONE entry in the selection field, but then you lose the randomized appearance.

Second, multiple bandits spawn because the trigger that calls the script is activated by anybody, Zombies or humans and is called repeatedly.

Third... Has nothing to do with AI scripts...

I've seen DaiyZ maps on certain sites where the uploader claimed they were the sole creator! The irony is they don't function properly because they are missing certain code like altered dayz_anim.pbo, etc.

This demonstrates why it is important to put credits in the map as a digital watermark to prevent blatant theft by script kiddies who don't have a clue as to what they are doing. DayZ may be open source, but that does not excuse others from taking credit for the hundreds of combined man-hours it takes to write, test and perfect additions and even corrections to the original code.

Re: RELEASE: Zargabad SP

Niceonegunit
Thanks for the heads-up.

I'll add a little hidden code portion that will display the actual proper credits.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: RELEASE: Zargabad SP

Larry wrote
this would be the best for me if there are LESS bandits and survivors on the NOAI version.
They spawn too quickly, there are about 4-7 bandits and survivors on my MAP! and I thought there will be no survivors joining you in this version then why a sniper holding an AK and a female suvivor holding an ANTI-MATERIAL rifle join my group when I was in the CITY? o.O also why the ai gets the ANTI-MATERIAL rifle? I cant escape those guns. there BIG.. xD

I know it says "NO AI" this name has been following since those releases actually were "NO AI". However, I wanted some action. So I added friendlies, if you kill them, it's your problem when they start hunting you down. xD

And the AI gets anti material rifles because they used to have shit guns, and AI is meant to be a challange. :D

Re: RELEASE: Zargabad SP

Niceonegunit
But the reward for killing them outweights it.

Kill one stupid AI and blam, now you are fully geared up. Not much of a challenge, really.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: RELEASE: Zargabad SP

See that's why I added modded weapons, to give people a reason to farm loot still. :D

Besides, I'm having way more fun, the AI is really fucking smart now tbh. (For beeing AI).

Re: RELEASE: Zargabad SP

Anonymous
Hey Above,
I'm able to launch Zargabad however I get two errors when starting up

1- When i start the game there is only a basic interface (I thing it might be ARMA 2) and it comes up with "Picture CA\ui\data\logo_arma2ep1_ca.paa Not Found" This is just an annoyance and I'd appreciate any ideas on how to fix this

2-The 2nd error reads " 'bin\config.bin\RscInGameUI\RscUnitInfoSoldier\Background.type"

So far so good though, everything still works
Could you please get back to me ASAP
Thanks

Re: RELEASE: Zargabad SP

Anonymous wrote
Hey Above,
I'm able to launch Zargabad however I get two errors when starting up

1- When i start the game there is only a basic interface (I thing it might be ARMA 2) and it comes up with "Picture CA\ui\data\logo_arma2ep1_ca.paa Not Found" This is just an annoyance and I'd appreciate any ideas on how to fix this

2-The 2nd error reads " 'bin\config.bin\RscInGameUI\RscUnitInfoSoldier\Background.type"

So far so good though, everything still works
Could you please get back to me ASAP
Thanks

I've never seen those errors before, do you have the latest beta patch. And did you COPY the ArmA2 Addons folder to your OA folder?

Also, have you been playing DayZ before without any problems like this?

Re: RELEASE: Zargabad SP

Anonymous
Hey Above,
I had Beta Patch 100679.zip
Yes I did copy Arma2 Addons to OA folder
& I've been playing DaiZy for a little while and downloaded your Lingor mod with out any dramas

I eventually just deleted everything and went back to square 1, oh well shit happens haha
Thanks for the help mate :)

Thanks for the help mate :)
So you got it to work now? :)

Re: RELEASE: Zargabad SP

C_Toney
Im New to this but i dont see any zombies
12