RELEASE: DaiyZ 1.7.4.4+

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ 1.7.4.4+

solutiongames wrote
It didn't work. I'm still having the issues of reloading with no display. Time to go and test the Steam version on my other laptop. Otherwise, this is still a great version of the DaiyZ SP and I have yet to stop playing.
It's a real shame it didn't work out for you. I'm actually clueless as to what causes this. I thought the patches you spoke about made sense.

I'm playing the Steam ArmA (not sure what version that gives me) probably up to date, tho.
And the 100296 betapatch.

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ 1.7.4.4+

solutiongames
No worries. I'll continue to try and work out the kinks to my retail version. In the mean time, I just want to play a stable version of this mod without error so I'm going to migrate to the Steam version for now. Thanks for always being a big help though. I'll post some updates once I decide to put more work into the retail version.

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ 1.7.4.4+

solutiongames wrote
No worries. I'll continue to try and work out the kinks to my retail version. In the mean time, I just want to play a stable version of this mod without error so I'm going to migrate to the Steam version for now. Thanks for always being a big help though. I'll post some updates once I decide to put more work into the retail version.

Alright, no worries man. Just a shame I couldn't help.

Question, though. Have you tried any other missions? And if not, do so and see if you have the same problem.

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ 1.7.4.4+

Victor
Alright, let me see if I'm getting the installation right here.

I downloaded DaiyZ 1.7.4.4+. Extracted @DaiyZ to the same folder that @Day Z is in as well. Put the mission in the mission folder. Take the "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" shortcut and edit it to have the target ""D:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -mod=@DaiyZ;@KRON_SupportCall" (I'm wanting to use Support Call as well)

I must be doing something wrong because it tells me that I can't play/edit due to deleted content. Any idea what I've done wrong? I've been playing Day Z regularly just fine, Arma 2 is fully updated and everything as well.

Just want to play around by myself when my buds aren't around. Any insight would be appreciated greatly.

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ 1.7.4.4+

solutiongames
AboveDayZ wrote
Alright, no worries man. Just a shame I couldn't help.

Question, though. Have you tried any other missions? And if not, do so and see if you have the same problem.
To be honest I haven't really played other missions for too long until today. The reason being was because I was intimidated by all the different DaiyZ SP missions currently out. So I started playing "DaiyZ_X_AEG.Chernarus" under the same 1.7.4.4+ code that was giving me the "Display Disappearing" bugs and noticed that when resuming or reverting a save, the display would not immediately be present, but after a few seconds the display would appear and work correctly. My conclusion with this bug is that maybe the problem lays within the "DaiyZ_ULTIMATE_v01e.Chernarus.pbo" mission when using the 1.7.4.4+ code.

UPDATE: I looked into it a little more and found a similar thread in the "Help!" section (I know, I know...Go figure). The thread starter is having problems with the current mission that works correctly for me. But that's another story.. Thanks for all the help and support though AboveDayZ.

UPDATE2: Alright. So it's confirmed on both retain/Steam versions and the current AEG mission that I have started playing today, as well as other missions, have correctly working huds under 1.7.4.4+ code. I guess the only mission that doesn't work for me is the original mission that I originally posted about.

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ 1.7.4.4+

Hmmm, alright. Well, I got a chernarus mission up aswell, you could just try that and see if th UI is still messed upon resuming.

And no problems man.

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ 1.7.4.4+

Victor
Victor wrote
Alright, let me see if I'm getting the installation right here.

I downloaded DaiyZ 1.7.4.4+. Extracted @DaiyZ to the same folder that @Day Z is in as well. Put the mission in the mission folder. Take the "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" shortcut and edit it to have the target ""D:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -mod=@DaiyZ;@KRON_SupportCall" (I'm wanting to use Support Call as well)

I must be doing something wrong because it tells me that I can't play/edit due to deleted content. Any idea what I've done wrong? I've been playing Day Z regularly just fine, Arma 2 is fully updated and everything as well.

Just want to play around by myself when my buds aren't around. Any insight would be appreciated greatly.
I also tried this with more than one mission, DaiyZ Ultimate and DaiyZ X + Extreme Cheats. Tried removing the Support Call from the target and no help.

Any ideas?

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ 1.7.4.4+

solutiongames
Victor wrote
Alright, let me see if I'm getting the installation right here.

I downloaded DaiyZ 1.7.4.4+. Extracted @DaiyZ to the same folder that @Day Z is in as well. Put the mission in the mission folder. Take the "Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch" shortcut and edit it to have the target ""D:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -mod=@DaiyZ;@KRON_SupportCall" (I'm wanting to use Support Call as well)

I must be doing something wrong because it tells me that I can't play/edit due to deleted content. Any idea what I've done wrong? I've been playing Day Z regularly just fine, Arma 2 is fully updated and everything as well.

Just want to play around by myself when my buds aren't around. Any insight would be appreciated greatly.
I can't seem to replicate this error on either the retail or Steam version Victor. After doing some Google searches on your error, the one thing that I can assume suggesting is that you copy the "Addons" folder from the "arma II" folder to the "arma II operation arrowhead" folder.

If you have already done that, then try and install the newest Beta Patch. These patches release very frequently. I am currently using "ARMA2_OA_Build_100296.zip" on both.

Just in case, here's the link.

http://www.arma2.com/beta-patch.php

I'm pretty sure you have already seen this link as well because you have been playing online, but here it is just in case you think you missed any steps:

How to install DayZ (with ArmA 2 Free, Operation Arrowhead or Combined Ops)

If you have already done both of what I suggested, then I'm not too sure how to help you but I will do a few more Google searches to see what other reasons of why this error is happening.

UPDATE: So I got the Support Call mod to work with all of the missions that I have currently been playing. Here is how I installed the mod:

For Retail:
C:\Program Files (x86)\...\ArmA 2\@KRON\addons\KRON_SupportCall.pbo

For Steam:
C:\Program Files (x86)\...\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@KRON\addons\KRON_SupportCall.pbo

I created the folder @KRON for simplicity and put the "KRON_SupportCall.pbo" file into the addons folder in the @KRON directory.

Here is what my retail version shortcut target looks like:

""C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -mod=@DaiyZ;@KRON"

Everything works accordingly and I was messing around with the hour skipping to make the night time pass faster. If you have any questions, I can try to help you out. I'm pretty new to the SP world.

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ 1.7.4.4+

Victor
Alright, I put the Addons folder in and rewrote the target. It launched and I'm playing now. Will come back if there are any issues, but it seems to be working for now.

Thank you for the quick, detailed and friendly help!

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ 1.7.4.4+

solutiongames
Victor wrote
Alright, I put the Addons folder in and rewrote the target. It launched and I'm playing now. Will come back if there are any issues, but it seems to be working for now.

Thank you for the quick, detailed and friendly help!
No problem Victor. Sorry about that little tutorial not being too detailed. I usually take the time to write well written tutorials. Glad that you got it up and running. Let me know if doing what I did for the "Support Call" mod ends up working alright?

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ 1.7.4.4+

leejh122
Can not speak English well.
Please understand, though!

Have a few questions for you ...

Why AI(survivor,bandit) they're not going to attack the zombies?

Also Zombies do not attack the AI(survivor&bandit).

Do not kill each other...

only (survivor VS bandit)...

Zombies only attack towards me.

Is this normal?

And night and day exist?

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ 1.7.4.4+

fedus_87
Administrator
yea thats all normal its just the way arma works as the zombies are considered civilians and do not have the ability to attack or be attacked by ai.[at this time]

and yes there is night and day it is a real time 24hr cycle though

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ 1.7.4.4+

leejh122
Aha ..
Ai problem can be solved???

If this issue is resolved
Really perfect!!!

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ 1.7.4.4+

fedus_87
Administrator
leejh122 wrote
Aha ..
Ai problem can be solved???

If this issue is resolved
Really perfect!!!

well sort of zombie wise anyways. the problem is arma itself is not meant to work in this way but there have been past releases with zombies that will attack ai but im not sure why it has been scrapped from recent releases but im sure there is a good reason. that i have forgotten by now lol

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ 1.7.4.4+

Victor wrote
Alright, I put the Addons folder in and rewrote the target. It launched and I'm playing now. Will come back if there are any issues, but it seems to be working for now.

Thank you for the quick, detailed and friendly help!
I noticed in your previous post that you mispelled "DayZ" in your shortcut and wrote "DaiyZ" wich isn't the correct way to the dayz data. I've seen several "daiyz" folders in some versions; wich can be pretty confusing...

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ 1.7.4.4+

Daiyz is not "DayZ" misspelt, it's the name of DayZ_SP's release. :P

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ 1.7.4.4+

Haleks
Wooops, didn't know that ;)
Have to say though, it did confuse me a couple of time ^^

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ 1.7.4.4+

Haleks wrote
Wooops, didn't know that ;)
Have to say though, it did confuse me a couple of time ^^

There's alot of different names for each release, if you follow the instructions and keep track of your installed mods, you should be all good. ^^

It's working out just fine for me. :)

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ 1.7.4.4+

Got a couple of issues with this update... I've been playin a few hours last night and happened to have bandits spawning right in front of me a couple of times. (I was so surprised the first time I was killed.) But the big, major issue concerns friendly IA's. Had 6 or 7 of them following after a couple of hours, but at a point, some of them just stop executing the orders... First it was the 2 ones I met first who decided to camp on a hill above a town, then another two getting stuck in the middle of a field and at the end, I was exploring an airport full of bandits all by myself :/
Obviously it started when I gave them some orders, it was working for 5, 10 minutes, and as soon as I stop to look around, check my map etc... they wouldn't move anymore... Note that new survivors joining the group may unlock a couple of them.
Pretty annoying glitch, especially since I was getting used to have some IA mates...
I think I'm gonna try back Ultimate without this update. Or the DayZ+ code & anim, if it changes anything.

Also I read somewhere that bandits are not supposed to engage Zombies?? It does seem to me that they do so... I can hear them fire pretty often and the surroundings of the airport were full of bodies...

Also, is it normal to have so many survivors joining you? My first game was with an outdated version (I got it here : http://kodabar.blogspot.fr/2012/05/dayz-offline-single-player-practice.html - would be a good idea to update this page) and it felt more realistic and hardcore : it was pretty rare to meet friendly units and I don't recall any troubles with the bandits...

Re: RELEASE: DaiyZ 1.7.4.4+

RobinTyler
solutiongames wrote
[...]

I experienced this same issue with the "DaiyZ_ULTIMATE_v01e.Chernarus.pbo". Fixed by using a different AEG mission. So you're not alone, solutiongames.

Does "DaiyZ_ULTIMATE_v01e.Chernarus.pbo" run smoothly on a non-1.7.4.4+ DayZ folder? Or is it a required mod to have for it to run optimized?

Also are there major differences with the AEG missions from "DaiyZ_ULTIMATE_v01e.Chernarus.pbo"? I am entirely confused. Apologies for this.
123