RELEASE: DaiZy Customized 1.2 [Discontinued] - Handcuff your enemies! - Based on Haleks' release!

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Customized 1.2 [Discontinued] - Handcuff your enemies! - Based on Haleks' release!

Thekobr4
AManNamed2 wrote
You will be missed, sir.

Dont say this!

Im not going away, but im not releasing something anymore, at the moment.

Maybe i will continue my work here, but i lost the interest right now.

Im also setting up a Youtube channel with some script examples and editor tutorials!
   → This will be able to be found at the "stuff unrelated to daiZy" section, not here.

I will be start making videos at Saturday if everything goes well.

Have a nice day, AManNamed2!

Sincerely, ViciousViper / Thekobr4 19.03.2014 ~
ViciousViper - The hot Sauce :3

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Customized 1.2 [Discontinued] - Handcuff your enemies! - Based on Haleks' release!

Thekobr4
I created a new forum in the "Stuff unrelated to DaiZy" section. I've listed my Youtube channel there. Im going to post some kind of scripting and editor tutorials. If you want to check it out, have look into it. (:

Sincerely, ViciousViper / Thekobr4 19.03.2014 ~
ViciousViper - The hot Sauce :3

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Customized 1.2 [Discontinued] - Handcuff your enemies! - Based on Haleks' release!

Eric the Viking
I understand this SP mod is no longer being supported (and that's ok because we all move on :)) but I'd thought I'd make a few comments for anybody interested in playing it.

I miss the older versions of DayZ. So many weapons and vehicles have been "Banned" and I lack the knowledge and/or skill to restore these things back into the newer versions - so I immensely love mods which restore these items. I've played 30 different games of SP Dayz using mods from this forum and have never had NVG until this mod. Oh, lovely DMR, where have you been all my life? And I took it off the guy who tried to kill me with it!

The mod works really well for the most part. I never really saw cars patrols in Haleks Factions 3.0.2 (the base of this mod) but saw many in this version. The first time 3 bandits got out of a Lada I was amazed. So amazed I nearly neglected to take cover!

However, it does making getting a vehicle very easy thus removing one of the prime challenges in the early stages of the game. The vehicles are very varied as well (I don't know why you'd do a patrol in a Ural or Bus) and there's a lot of them - I had a traffic jam of 4 vehicles on the road out of Electro (near the power station). Although I should add I never was able to repair these ex-bandit vehicles. And the SUV had 90,000 units of storage space... do you trust it with your loot?

The AI is smart too. The AI will flank you but also seems to know if they have an advantage. There was a guy on a hill sniping me. He must have known he had be pinned because he didn't try to move position. This was a pretty tense standoff and I didn't know how it would play out because he was a good shot.

I never did find out - the bloody auto-save feature kicked in. You know how you get sometimes get the "Receiving" message after you've saved? Well, this guy was gone when the game finished saving. Very disappointing.

The one biggest problem? This mod suffers the same problem as Haleks underlying mod: After 3 awesome, fantastic, thrilling, satisfying hours into the game and everything stops working.

First, the detritus (wrecked cars, trash piles, road blocks (I don't miss them!)) stop spawning, then the Zeds stop spawning and then the loot (all) stops spawning. It's heart breaking and so disappointing.

I'm not sure if it was just me but the "Walking Zed" version of this didn't working for me. I add to edit the 'zombieagent_FSM' and then the 'dayz_code.pbo' as a whole myself.

Hopefully, when Haleks has a moment to update his Factions to 3.0.3, the spawn issue fix can easily be integrated into these scripts (and turn off the save feature): I would play this over Haleks fantastic base mod simply because this adds what I feel (personal preference) is missing back into the game.

Cheers,

Eric

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Customized 1.2 [Discontinued] - Handcuff your enemies! - Based on Haleks' release!

Thekobr4
Eric the Viking wrote
[...]

Hey Eric,

First of all, thanks for you reply and your own opinion.

If it gets updated to 3.0.3, I will update my version as well.

Im thinking about to use the "Survivor" spawning mechanics for cars as well.
That means that only *Number* cars are able to be alive at once.
I think im using a cap of 3 cars at a time, that will make it more different to find/get a car.

Sadly, im not able to change much with the ArmA AI. I can change smaller things, but that wont affect the AI's that much.

Also, im removing the Auto save, because so much players requested me to remove it.
I thought it woul be cool, but actually its not.

I will have a look into a repair script, i hope everything goes well, because i do know a bit of scripting, but not much.

Hoepfully the next version will fix the Spawn bug after a long time!(:

Sincerely, ViciousViper / TheKobr4 27.03.2014 ~
ViciousViper - The hot Sauce :3

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Customized 1.2 [Discontinued] - Handcuff your enemies! - Based on Haleks' release!

Eric the Viking
No, thank you TheKobr4 for your great addition to Haleks excellent base mod. I do hope that my post had a overall positive sense about it because that's what I intended.

I'm still new to the whole Dayz experience (and I'm sure there are others just getting on the bandwagon) so all these "old" mods are all very new to me.

There are certain eccentricities about the Arma engine and the Dayz code so we simply have to accept that these mods are going to carry over that legacy. I happily played your mod and thoroughly enjoyed it.I wanted other new people to see the pitfalls but also the upside, and not only this mod, but others.

Cheers,

Eric
123