RELEASE: DaiZy Customized 1.2 [Discontinued] - Handcuff your enemies! - Based on Haleks' release!

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Factions 2.9.1 Cutomized - Handcuff your enemies! -Based on Haleks' release!

Thekobr4
twsmith wrote
Did you manage to get a walking zeds version?  Really looking forward to it.

Thanks.

Wayne

Updated with the walking zeds version.
Have fun!

 Sincerely, ViciousViper / Thekobr4 25.01.2014 ~
ViciousViper - The hot Sauce :3

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Factions 2.9.1 Cutomized - Handcuff your enemies! -Based on Haleks' release!

twsmith
I tried the walking zeds version with the patrolling bandit cars but the zombies can still run, I had 5 or 6 of them sprinting after me.

The regular walking zeds version is working well though, so I think it's going to be a late night tonight testing it out! :)

Thanks.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Factions 3.0.2 Cutomized [25.01 updated] - Handcuff your enemies! - LOOKING FOR A BETA TESTER - Based on Haleks' release!

Darkwing
Found a bug. Dunno if anyone else has found this as im too lazy to change pages xD Whenever i try to wear the Pilot outfit, the screnn just turns white and stays there.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Factions 3.0.2 Cutomized [25.01 updated] - Handcuff your enemies! - LOOKING FOR A BETA TESTER - Based on Haleks' release!

Haleks
Mmm dude...
Could you change the topic title a bit? Change the version or whatever, a bit like Oliv82 did for his version?
Because right now it'll be quite confusing for new comers.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Factions 3.0.2 Cutomized [25.01 updated] - Handcuff your enemies! - LOOKING FOR A BETA TESTER - Based on Haleks' release!

egnbv
Why is the name of the save is "DaiZy_Factions_3.0 [The Walking Zeds].chernarus", instead of "DaiZy_Factions_3.0.2_CUSTOM [The Walking Zeds].chernarus", must manually modify, otherwise cannot be loaded the save!

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Factions 2.9.1 Cutomized - Handcuff your enemies! -Based on Haleks' release!

Thekobr4
twsmith wrote
I tried the walking zeds version with the patrolling bandit cars but the zombies can still run, I had 5 or 6 of them sprinting after me.

The regular walking zeds version is working well though, so I think it's going to be a late night tonight testing it out! :)

Thanks.

Gonna have a look in there in the next days, im currently busy.
I will keep you updated.

 Sincerely, ViciousViper / Thekobr4 26.01.2014 ~
ViciousViper - The hot Sauce :3

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Factions 3.0.2 Cutomized [25.01 updated] - Handcuff your enemies! - LOOKING FOR A BETA TESTER - Based on Haleks' release!

Thekobr4
Haleks wrote
Mmm dude...
Could you change the topic title a bit? Change the version or whatever, a bit like Oliv82 did for his version?
Because right now it'll be quite confusing for new comers.

Chaged it. Tell me, if the topic is okay for you.

 Sincerely, ViciousViper / Thekobr4 26.01.2014 ~
ViciousViper - The hot Sauce :3

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Factions 3.0.2 Cutomized [25.01 updated] - Handcuff your enemies! - LOOKING FOR A BETA TESTER - Based on Haleks' release!

Thekobr4
egnbv wrote
Why is the name of the save is "DaiZy_Factions_3.0 [The Walking Zeds].chernarus", instead of "DaiZy_Factions_3.0.2_CUSTOM [The Walking Zeds].chernarus", must manually modify, otherwise cannot be loaded the save!

Strange. Gonna have a look in there the next days.

Thanks man ;)
Not trying to be an ass there, I just don't want to mix up people's mind is all.

While playing the walking zeds mission I experienced the white screen freeze while changing outfits as well.

I understand, can not use the original saves.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Factions 3.0.2 Cutomized [25.01 updated] - Handcuff your enemies! - LOOKING FOR A BETA TESTER - Based on Haleks' release!

Lucho97
Hello. I‘ve tried your Daizy custom and i liked more than the original dayz faction.But there is a problem, the ammo for IA is low and sometimes when i fight against the bandits, they run out of ammo and i killed easily. There is a solution for this??? Thanks and excuse me for my english. I‘m for Argentina

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Factions 2.9.1 Cutomized - Handcuff your enemies! -Based on Haleks' release!

Achlimed
Hey Kobr.  Having a blast with this version of your singleplayer.  LOVE the handcuff script.  I've got a question, though.  I was wondering if you could add the cleanup script for us next time you update, or possibly give us a quick explanation of how we could add that script into the "cheat" menu aka Double 0 menu.  I don't mind not having cheats, but with the car patrols and AI spawning so frequently it would really be beneficial to have that script in there.

Thanks,
Ach

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Customized 1.2 [25.01 updated] - Handcuff your enemies! - Based on Haleks' release!

ZedProductions
What changes did you do to the map may I ask? Great so far :D

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Customized 1.2 [25.01 updated] - Handcuff your enemies! - Based on Haleks' release!

Thekobr4
I improved some military spots around the map (:
ViciousViper - The hot Sauce :3

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Customized 1.2 [Discontinued] - Handcuff your enemies! - Based on Haleks' release!

s3rialthrill3r
This release was pretty exciting because I was able to recruit survivors from the very beginning.  However, I've noticed some pretty serious issues with the AI.  They use up all of their ammunition way too quickly, and for shots that are impossible.  There have been too many times in which they spent everything they had on a wall (they can see through them?) or the ground.  The same goes for grenades, except that its worse.  The AI has a tendency to throw them a few metres in front which results in a lot of screen-shaking at the very least, or wounds at the very worst.  In any case, maybe it would be for the best if the AI was given infinite ammo, because using Lost Key every few metres is a little bit tedious.

The AI also seems to ignore my orders and they never stay close to me by default.  I do recall that being the standard sort of behaviour in the original campaigns.  I've been playing the British one again, so it seems really obvious to me that the AI seems to be a step backwards in terms of ammo conservation, positioning and rules of engagement.  Especially, rules of engagement.  Just the other day, I was playing the second mission in the British campaign where you have to take out the marauders and recover a pickup truck. There were ten of us and we were sneaking down from the top of a hill so we could get closer to an area with the enemy hiding in the trees. I didn't even have to order the men to hold their fire as they would only light them up if I fired the first shot or we were spotted.  They also reponded quickly to orders to get in vehicles.  Unfortunately, the same cannot be said for the AI in this release as they frequently run around doing whatever they want (like shooting walls). Very unresponsive.

Could it be that the reason for the stupid AI is that I am using the COWar Mod and not just the Zeus AI addon as recommended in the first post? Or maybe I'm doing something wrong when it comes to squad commands?

Also, the car patrols and walking zeds mission doesn't seem to work as intended as the zeds can still sprint.  Not sure about the cars though.  I saw a one with a bandit at the wheel, but he was already dead by the time I found him. It was down by the coast at the docks, so they may have just spawned there and got shot as the trigger-happy survivors as soon as they spotted him.  I have no idea if the AI is capable of patrolling in cars at this time.

Just one more little nitpick. The dialogue doesn't seem as good (and useful) as vanilla ArmA II.  The AI only calls out targets sometimes, and it seems random.  Most of the time, they're silent.  They should probably say something if they're out of ammo too. I think the player character should also have a voice when giving commands.  From what I understand, it's more to do with DayZ removing all of this for the sake of atmosphere or something, but what's so atmospheric about gunfights without battle chatter?  Is it possible to bring it all back in?  I'd really like to have something similar to this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5a9GJCEI-AA

On a more positive note, it seems that the frame rate is rather good for this release in comparison to 2018, and the map seems more alive with all the bandits and survivors frequently appearing, so that's definitely a step in the right direction if you ask me.  Please understand that I'm trying to be constructive here and that the criticism is there because I care.

By the way, assuming that Custom DaiZy Factions isn't too different from Halek's release, most of what I've covered could probably apply to that too (and maybe 2018).  I can't say much about the original Factions because of the problem with nothing spawning on the map.

Ok cool, also wondering if the build script was in original DaiZy FACTIONS? I'm loving this so far :D

Also it would be nice if you could add military roadblocks around the map (especially along the coastal road) and maybe a line of broken cars like the one in the walking dead on the highway

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Customized 1.2 [Discontinued] - Handcuff your enemies! - Based on Haleks' release!

Thekobr4
Hey Guys, im sorry for being inactive for the past weeks or months.

Im currently busy with school and dont have much time to update anything.

1 other reason wth this is [Discontinued], is because ArmA 3 got me and will never release me again.
I dont know if i will ever update this again, sorry guys.

Anyway, i have got a good message for all the Hunger Games lover.
Im currently working on a Hunger Games mission (No Mods needed) in ArmA 3 on Stratis Island.

I wont post my Progress here, because this site is about DaiZy, not the Hunger Games.

If you are interested on this, i will post a site to check the Progress, also i will create a Youtube Channel for a kinda Dev Diaries series or something.

Thanks to anyone who played my edited mission and enjoyed it, it was nice to develope something, its a new experience for me.

Once again thanks for playing my mission and reading this text. I will talk to you guys next time.

Sincerely TheKobr4 / ViciousViper. 12.03.2014 ~
ViciousViper - The hot Sauce :3

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy Customized 1.2 [Discontinued] - Handcuff your enemies! - Based on Haleks' release!

AManNamed2
You will be missed, sir.
ASignatureNamed2
123