Origins SP - the Discussion

benevolentdevil
What can I say, i wish I could read russian ... found a radio on a bandit , all the radio pop ups are in russian.

 So far ... it's an interesting mod.
 It does lack a lot of content I was hoping it'd have on SP version.
- More clothing options
- origins base building and tools
- origins cars with reinforcements

 It does have some interesting Ai bandits , though I think this is a bit buggy ... I'm gonna hav eto see if I disabled those bandit sapwns , and these i'm running into are supposto be there or not.

 I got close to an airport, and I was in a figt with bandits , when it popped up a message to find the leader ... and I'm guessing at that moment .. the leader full auto'd me in the back as I just dropped the two bandits.

 I did find the flying fortress, in bad need of repair near klen mountain.  Since I hadn't found many repair parts , I ignored it, moved on.
 Oh yeah, i switch it to Chernarus map  ... I found a map/island I hate worse than Chernarus ... and thats Taviana.

 There are some interesting weapons I will say.  I kinda dig the crossbow.
 I ran out of ammo, and I literally had to run down two female bandits and machete chop them down.  THAT was not easy ...

 I'm not sure if your reputation matters in Origins SP ...

 The Zombies look cool! Most of em anyways, I seen ones walking with face plates, some holding axes or arms, some spiky-punk looking ones ... a creepy priest one.

 I think I was just hoping more for closer to the online-multiplayer Origins play.

 So far it' s been neat discovering things though.

Re: Origins SP - the Discussion

Klaycus5555
Fashion origin is freely available to the developers of originals. It does not have any relationship. And you do not need permission to post it here.Since the conflict with the developers of the game and the developers of the mod was gaining momentum, they were forbidden to transfer the mod to the platform of the game arma 3. As well, the mod origin does not have a license. I will give you links to our sites where you will find the fashion to your liking.The mod for singles is made by one of our developers. About the interface and other from the origin of the mod, we do not have server files to transfer it to the mod for a single game. And no one has server files other than the developers of this mod.

Re: Origins SP - the Discussion

Klaycus5555

Re: Origins SP - the Discussion

Klaycus5555

Re: Origins SP - the Discussion

Klaycus5555

Re: Origins SP - the Discussion

benevolentdevil
I have the Day-B one as well,  I thought the two were very similar.

Re: Origins SP - the Discussion

benevolentdevil
 Ok so I have it working , playing on chernarus atm.  (Taviana is lain out rather wonky ... my test run through, I was finding everything but drinks, and no wells seems to work, or ones I found did not.  Died of de-hydration , had plenty of everything else ... except maybe a toolbox. I'm not too familiar with taviana though. )

 So ... I find it odd , ( and maybe it' s because I can't read or understand russian prompts ) , to just simply "spawn in" and pick a direction and go ... ( which is what I've done so far. )
  I think I spawned in near Dubrovaka ( spelling? ) , and I went up NE looking at Klen Mountain , I found an abandoned base there, but nothing of real interest.
 Well just before Klen Mountain , the fortress flying thing was badly damaged and sitting there.
 While that thing is neat , I suppose it'd be better for multi-player so you had enough people to pilot and enough to use the guns.  I think I'm gonna ignore it ...
  Krastanov ( again spelling , wtf weren't any of these places named like, Bob's place, little town, ..ect?) anyways, ... wasn't much I wanted in the store , and I headed towards the barns.   I got in the barns, when shots popped around me ... I don't remember if I saved before those two bandits ... or if they were the ones I chased with a machete ...  or If I saved afterward.
 If I saved before ... OMG, I don't really have any wish to run an dplay zig-zag chop-chop again ...

 Anyways, I went up towards the NE Airfield , and I spotted two bandits ... I picked an AKM ( one of my favorite DayZ weapons) I nabbed from one of the bandits I cut down ... I killed them, but took some damage.  I bandaged ... while I'm doing this, russian radio messages are spamming my feed ... I don't know what they are saying.
 Some trigger prompt, pops up ... " A bandit leader, looking like a survivor is in the area."
 I look around, all I see are zombies ... I go towards the first fallen bandit , noticed had a bloodbag ... it's Option says " make kit" , It wouldn't let me bloodbag I don't think.  I didn't get to check my scroll wheel menu ... I heard a full auto burst, and I was passed out and dead, shot from behind.  I'm assuming it was the bandit leader, ... maybe.

 Anyways, I'm kinda thinking about starting over ... making a story of it.  But , I really don't understand the system very well.  There's not much to go on ... my "friend" always seems to spawn on the opposite side of the map from my location.  Not that I'm gonna put trust into AI joining up with me ...
  I have no idea where to go first.  What route to go by , or do first ...
I also have no idea if say Chenarus has a "sector B" , or anything like that.

 I also don't know, if you can build any bases  in Origins light.  I hadn't found any tents yet either ...
 I didn't make it to the airport, to even see what was there, I died on the hill behind the big hangers.

Re: Origins SP - the Discussion

benevolentdevil

Re: Origins SP - the Discussion

benevolentdevil
I went to an AI mission ... dang, how many AI bots does one need in a road side check-point?

Re: Origins SP - the Discussion

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Origins SP - the Discussion

benevolentdevil
 I tried it on takistan today ...
  It runs amazing, good FPS on my crappy laptop computer!

 But ... I couldn't find certain things ... like a hatchet, nor any trees to cut for wood.
  Some things look oddly placed, like I found a military tent area, in a valley , from a distance it looked like a "U" or horseshoe , all the tents were sloped so i couldn't quite get in and out of them properly.

 Found the nautilus near the south airport, in bare desert.

 Had one random patrol in a UAZ jeep , literally spawn meters away from me ... I don't know how, but they shot me dead even though they hadn't gotten out of the jeep.   I reverted ... and went wide around that area.

 Helicopters ... , I'm thinking about removing helicopter patrol spawns , as there are just too many of them.
 yeah, I had a 45 minute shoot-out ( wasted all my ammo) , trying to shoot down or de-pilot a Chinook ( armored helio ) ...
 It kind of aggravated me , cause I see helios roaming around all the time, this was the first armed one ... and it showed up "green" when putting cross-hairs on it, not "red" indicating enemy ... It shot first though, so I know it was a bandit chopper.
 Eventually it flew it's pattern wide enough, I could run to another area, dip and dodge through buildings, and escape going farther north.   Since then I've seen it fly-by near about 4 times, I know it's still "searching" for me.

 I'm not finding any mil loot in barracks near airports or miltary bases.
 Well, the round top ones I do, but not the ones with all the doors with a single hallway.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Origins SP - the Discussion

benevolentdevil
I've never understood why bloodsuckers and predators are so difficult/tough/fast in Arma2 ...

Bloodsuckers in normal Stalker games, aren't no where near as tough, and you can out-run them ...  they are somewhat "tough" , but even the crappiest shotgun in Stalker , two or three, blast to face the bloodsucker dies.

 anything that turns invisible , like bloodsuckers and predators , and kills you in a hit or two , and takes mega firepower to kill, is just ... over-kill.

 When I do STALKER mod , I normally only put one bloodsucker on the map, "guarding" the most valuable/rare artefact ... and thats more for multi-player/lan Co-OP than it is for Single Player.   Just ONE bloodsucker, can wipe out a whole squad easily.

 Arma2 is bad enough with the "zig-zag run" pathing ... Bloodsuckers and Predators both run that pattern too, and they attack/appear on your blind-side flank 100% of the time.  There's no way to really target them, unless they are pounding on someone else, and you shoot them from a distance.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Origins SP - the Discussion

benevolentdevil
Ok ... So now I have a question ...
 I tried Taviana again .... it runs low FPS for me, despite Klaycuss' modification.
I'm still playing with Maps/Islands to see what I like best.  ( I'm gonna try Sahrani soon )

 Anyways ...
So I get a Radio message from my "buddy" saying general location of where he's at ... SO I go, look around, and do not find him.  Next message, he says he's close to the area, running through a forrest, then later he's looting barns , then later he's observing villages, then later he's looting hangars ... I run all over the place looking for this alleged buddy ... and never find him.  Is it a wild goose chase?

 While I was doing that, I spotted a Hero Girl run right at me , and past ... and man was she hauling ass! lol,
I had to pull out the pistol, and sprint-run to get close to her.  I tried my scroll wheel , all I could do was see her name, or open her backpack.
 I got a prompt in right top corner, saying I could recruit her ... how do you recruit? I thought it's give me a middle mouse wheel option ... but it never did, she kept on running ignoring me. I ran out of stamina and lost her eventually.

 That was the first potential ally I have ever ran across in any of these mods.  Everyone else has been a bandit or enemy AI.

CONTENTS DELETED

benevolentdevil
So, the menu where you pick all the starting things, like Ai bots ... I've been setting mine on -10 bots, is that mean only ten bots appear, or does it mean it only subtracts 10 bots from the generated AI?  I was confused about that setting ...

CONTENTS DELETED

benevolentdevil
ahh so those bots are the recruitable ones?

Re: Origins SP - the Discussion

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED