Making Zombies slow.

Boynamedsu3
After spending a week of reading, testing, copy/paste/deleting, I've finally found a way to make zombies WALK.
Others may know, but here's what to do.
Open Notebook++
Open your dayz_code PBO file
Search for this command:
/*%FSM<STATE "Chase">*/
Now it should bring you to the command section for Zombie reactions if they have a target.
It should look like this:
[IMG]http://i50.tinypic.com/2rqdljo.png[/IMG]
Notice the section that says:
       "_agent setBehaviour ""CARELESS"";" \n
       "_agent setCombatMode ""RED"";" \n
       "_agent moveTo _targetPos;" \n
       "_agent forceSpeed 6;" \n

Take the "_agent forceSpeed 6;" \n, and replace "6" with any speed you want. (I use .2, it makes them the same speed as when they're walking around without a target.)
After finding a speed that works for you, save your file, replace your current dayz_code PBO files (Be sure to make copies, just in case) and test out speeds you think would work for you!
Note: Run Notebook++ as Admin, or you'll get an error message saying that the file is open in another program.
Also be sure to replace ALL .pbo files on missions you want your custom speed added.
Any questions? Be sure to ask, I'm not a professional but I'm sure if I can't find an answer, others will have ideas.
Happy looting!
-Reese

Re: Making Zombies slow.

brado
Hi Boynamedsu3

be great to try out how zombies would be expected to walk really

I dont know why i havent any of that in my dayz_code's Pbo,,either in my dayz_wasteland.Chernarus,DaiyZ_X_AEG.Chernarus or DaiyZ_Taviana_SP. i have 8 different dayz single player games on my computer and no codes have those lines in it????

I see your lines go up to 37396 for yor dayz code in note ++  where as all mine are either 22320 or 22150 lines..
is there any chance you can upload your dayz_code Pbo here or email me it as i would love to try this out ?

i have emailed you too..

cheers

Unpack your PBO, go to the system folder and open zombie_agent.fsm with any text editor.
I think 2 is a bit slow, they should at least walk a bit faster once they spotted some food :P

Re: Making Zombies slow.

brado
Thanks Haleks,

I shall check this out tomorrow...

I will start at 2 and increase to find whats best with my play...but yes dont want them to slow ...i was thinking maybe 4 or 5 if its at 6.....that way they also drop off chasing you sooner then having them chase you for 3 clicks hehehe..

2 more questions if i may?

1...Is there also away to make them not seen you to soon ...For Example:- if now they see you at say 50 meters can it be made to 25.

2... Not so many zombies around or Not so many attack you from noise from your gun or maybe delay them respawning to quick..

knowing this you could alter certain things ...like make them faster but not so many so gives you chance to kill them before you run out of ammo..but there deadly because you wont out run them

or   maybe twice as many zombies but slower

you could really end up with a lot of different and great out comes i think.

Thanks again for all the help
Brad

Re: Making Zombies slow.

brado
opened dayz_code / system / zombie_agent.fsm with Eliteness

did a search in note++ for "agent forceSpeed"

This was the only one that was higher then 2 ..so changed this from 5 to 2  (all others were 2)

name = "Chase";
      init = /*%FSM<STATEINIT""">*/"_timeN = time;" \n
       "" \n
       "if (speed _agent < 0.1) then {_countr = _countr + 1} else {_countr = 0};" \n
       "_target = _agent call zombie_findTargetAgent;" \n
       "_isAlive = alive _agent;" \n
       "_targetPos = getPosATL _target;" \n
       "" \n
       "//Move to target" \n
       "_agent moveTo _targetPos;" \n
       "_agent forceSpeed 5;" \n
       "" \n
       "//Check if LOS" \n
       "if (_losCheck == 2) then {" \n
       " _losCheck = 0;" \n
       " _cantSee = [_agent,_target] call dayz_losCheck;" \n
       "};" \n

Put the new PBO file into both @DayZ folder and @DaiyZ folder as i have 2  Chernarus games still loaded and didnt know which folder ran which game DaiyZ_X_AEG.Chernarus or dayz_wasteland.Chernarus.

Did a restart to both games ..both games zombies ran at top speed ..with no slowing down ???

any ideas guys

Re: Making Zombies slow.

I suggest you rename your folders in order to avoid confusion; something like @daiyz1.7.3 and @daiyz1.7.4 since those missions are designed for a different code. (Note that most of the time you can run older mission files with the latest code, I personally use one @daiyz folder only.) Also, you should put your missions into different sub-folders if you want to have different sets of saves for the same mission.

Anyway, try lowering this value? I just gave it a go with a max speed at 2, and they wouldn't run anymore...

EDIT : you did put the new dayz_code.pbo back into the Addons folder, right?

Re: Making Zombies slow.

brado
yes..i open it in the addons folder with Eliteness  then once ive altered it in note++ i delete the old dayz_code.pbo and then get Eliteness to make a pbo ...so it all stays in the same folder.

i know im doing something wrong as you and others have it working..its just i cant pin point where im going wrong.

ive even deleted the old @Dayz folder and downloaded and only using a fresh @daizy folder.... still getting zombies running full speed in both dayz_wasteland.Chernarus 1.0 and DaiyZ_X_AEG.Chernarus...

i think that it maybe that ive been messing with these folders that much now that ive lost the plot hehe

but thanks for you time and help you've put in to helping me

Re: Making Zombies slow.

Haleks
Crap... just tried with a value of 3 and it didn't work :/
This is more complicated than I thought; at least we know how to keep them from running...

I guess that's the animation files that need to be edited - obviously this speed value isn't related to their actual speed.

Re: Making Zombies slow.

DarkRaven
I thought you needed to change both files, thats how I get it to work.

dayz_code.pbo\compile\control_zombieAgent.sqf

dayz_code.pbo\system\zombie_agent.fsm

Look for a 6 in both and change to 2 they walk the same speed as they do indoors, I love slow zombies.
They just wander around in the background, so I can concentrate on Bandit AI.

Not sure about friendly/survivor AI though, I still can't get them to shoot bandits or zombies also use Loki's Key to spawn some squad members and no dice I'm using DaiZy Chernarus RSPB 1.7.5.1 vFinal

P.S Haleks how are the skins/scripting going look forward to trying it out.

Re: Making Zombies slow.

DarkRaven wrote
P.S Haleks how are the skins/scripting going look forward to trying it out.
Pretty well my friend ^^
I'm still testing the AI and so far, everything runs perfectly fine!
I also have to check if all the new skins appear properly ingame - and make them available as lootable packages, wich is going to be the long, boring part (edit names, description for each one of the new skins T_T)...

I might upload it this week ;)

DarkRaven wrote
I love slow zombies.
They just wander around in the background, so I can concentrate on Bandit AI.
Being put this way, I actually like the idea - especially since Zeds won't attack anyone but the player.
I might work on something like that for the next project :D
It would be more like a civil war, right after the incident, with more survivors fighting each other...

EDIT : I finished testing the new skins; now I just have to create the lootable packages and add them into the loot table.
And test every each one of them (T_T) ...29 new skins so far; 30 including the old bandit, who's back in the game fellas ;)

Re: Making Zombies slow.

brado
man this is strange...

did same as told

zombies still running top speed

even moved out every other Dayz folder to desktop and just left @DaiyZ folder...
and in missions folder took everything out apart from DaiyZ_X_AEG.Chernarus and dayz_wasteland.Chernarus 1.0

thinking now could it be what i using to open amd close the pbo file (Eliteness )

Re: Making Zombies slow.

Boynamedsu3
http://www.mediafire.com/?p2dibg2jhfdgzdn
For those wanting my .pbo file
I replace all of my code files with this one, the zombies I like to play against have the same effects in each one to my liking though.
Their run speed is at .2, walking-stumbling speed.
They do break focus easy due to the fact they move from their position to the position the player was that pulled them, I usually have little trouble from them unless I'm in a building and they group up.
I prefer to have slow zombies as an obstacle to overcome when I'm in a fight with bandits.
Just copy the new file, replace your old one with it. Worked for me, but as I've said, I replaced ALL of my code files with this one for the zombies to share the effects.

Re: Making Zombies slow.

brado
thanks so much Boynamedsu3,

i shall try this tomorrow night and let know how i got on

Re: Making Zombies slow.

brado
Mysteriously...That didn't work either..?..?

So something strange is going on ..because if it works in yours and its already been altered and ive just copied it over mine ..hows it not slowing them down in mine ???

Scary hehe

Edit..only thing different in the wasteland mod ..is i put a Jackle in the map in editor as there wasn't one so would that alter why mine doesn't work ?? can't see why as it has nothing to do with zombies

Re: Making Zombies slow.

Boynamedsu3
I honestly don't know then, lol.
I literally open my dayz_code file in Notepad++ straight from the Arma2 file.
For example, I got Lingor earlier today and the zombie's run speed was at 5.
I started my Notepad++ up (as admin of course) and put their speed down to .3, saved it and closed it.
Their run speed was altered down to a slower walking speed after that with no problems..

Re: Making Zombies slow.

brado
No problem...
Had a lot of help by you guys anyway ..
So thanks for that

Now ive been using Daizy Wasteland Chernarus to test the zombies out ...i was thinking if Fedus or Above or anyone would take this on and get it working....
Dont think Morbius is wanting to fix and finish this one

Re: Making Zombies slow.

draconis123
It's not "2". It's ".2" as in "zero point two".

Re: Making Zombies slow.

brado
but i copied Boynamedsu3 code to my folder so should have worked

Re: Making Zombies slow.

Boynamedsu3
I don't know how to explain it in an any more simple way.
I don't extract, pack, anything.
I open my Notepad++ program, go to the "Open" function, find the dayz_code file I want to edit, search
/*%FSM<STATE "Chase">*/
and it lets me edit/save the speed. I hit save, close it, then that's it. Whatever map I just edited the run speed on is immediately changed, when I start my game up and load the map/game I edited, it works 100%.
I had to do it all over again today just because I re installed my Arma2 and DayZ/DaiZy files.

Re: Making Zombies slow.

Are you sure you're calling the right mod folder in your shortcut parameters??
12