How to have cheats and change time in 042c

How to have cheats and change time in 042c

kodabar
Administrator
Head over to Kronzky's site (yes, that Kronzky) and download the Support Call addon:

http://kronzky.info/addons/supportcall/index.htm

Open the zip file and extract the pbo from within.

Create a folder also called KRON_SupportCall within your Operation Arrowhead folder. Stick the pbo file in there.

Modify your existing shortcut (or better still, make a new one), adding in a mod folder link to the pbo. In other words, modify your shortcut line to include:
-mod=@KRON_SupportCall

For example, here's my shortcut in full. Note that I will definitely have OA installed to a different drive and location to you, so don't copy this:

"E:\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -skipIntro -mod=@DayZ;@KRON_SupportCall

If you don't want to make a modified shortcut or can't get it to work, then there is an easier way which I don't recommend.

Instead of making a folder and putting the pbo in there, stick it on the existing "Addons" folder within the Operation Arrowhead program folder. Stuff in here is run automatically so you don't need to modify the shortcut. This is not a method recommended by anyone, but it does work.

Right, so now you've got it installed whichever way you chose to do it. Now run the game.

When you're in the game, press Escape to access the menu and you'll notice a new button at the bottom marked "Call for Support"

You'll get up a menu where you can choose various options. Note that the first time that you try to access vehicle or equipment stuff there will be a long pause as it scans everything that's available. This only happens the first time. Stuff will be air-dropped near your current location.

Note also that although the game is paused when you press the button, as soon as the menu comes up the game is no longer paused. So don't do this whilst being pursued by zombies.

Re: How to have cheats and change time in 042c

DayZ_SP
Many thanks and blessings upon you, sir

Seriously, the timing of this could not be better.

I was looking into how to extend KRON's original cheat menu in the original DayZ SP mission he released and it turned out in order to access ALL the weapons in the ArmA 2 arsenal in DayZ you have to decompile the dayz_anim.pbo, edit a config file and then repack it. It's not hard, but it is time consuming, so this is a godsend if it works the way I think it works.

Re: How to have cheats and change time in 042c

fedus_87
Administrator
it works so good it now allows me to access alot of mods that i couldnt before such as added infantry and weapons and vehicles i just want to thank you and kronzky aswell and you are both amazing and if i may make a suggestion only one thing is missing its spawning buildings with this addon it is way more immersing to me when i can build a nice base or cabin off in the mountains woods anywhere and the have to go out and gather supplies and role play that way so i love the building spawner i have an edited version of the building spawner that i absoloutly adore in .38

my base at klen mt.

http://s292.photobucket.com/albums/mm14/fedusones/?action=view¤t=arma2oa2012-10-1219-53-34-32.jpg

http://s292.photobucket.com/albums/mm14/fedusones/?action=view¤t=arma2oa2012-10-1219-52-32-43.jpg

http://s292.photobucket.com/albums/mm14/fedusones/?action=view¤t=arma2oa2012-10-1219-49-15-51.jpg

Re: How to have cheats and change time in 042c

DayZ_SP
fedus_87 wrote
it works so good it now allows me to access alot of mods that i couldnt before such as added infantry and weapons and vehicles

Yes, the great thing about this module is you can access any weapon, item, tool, vehicle or equipment from ANY mod you have loaded alongside DaiyZ, and not just vanilla ArmA, or ArmA 2 stuff. This is what I was *hoping* this did and sure enough it does.

i just want to thank you and kronzky aswell and you are both amazing and if i may make a suggestion only one thing is missing its spawning buildings with this addon it is way more immersing to me when i can build a nice base or cabin off in the mountains woods anywhere and the have to go out and gather supplies and role play that way so i love the building spawner i have an edited version of the building spawner that i absoloutly adore in .38
DaiyZcraft!

Re: How to have cheats and change time in 042c

Skidd
No matter what i do i can get any of the mods to work using the " @filename " method.   It just gives me a whole bunch of missing files, dependent on downloaded contect, etc.  I can get this cheat mod to work putting it into the addons folder, though i only get like 5 vehicles to choose from. every thing else seems to work ok.  I know its a pain but could you please send me a link on how its done or wright a tutorial please.

Many thanks in advance....

Re: How to have cheats and change time in 042c

kodabar
Administrator
I'm thinking that you really don't have things installed properly. The @filename things are called modfolders and they're the recommended way (not just by me, but by Bohemia) to install addons for ArmA 2/OA

When you get "deleted content" errors, it means that you either have the files installed in the wrong place or the shortcut used to start the game is wrong. That you only get five vehicles from which to choose suggests that your ArmA 2 Addons folder may not be linked to Operation Arrowhead.

Seeing as you don't give any details about your setup, it's a little difficult to make specific recommendations.

Which of the following do you own?
ArmA 2 Free
ArmA 2
ArmA 2 Anniversary Edition
Combined Operations
Operation Arrowhead

From where did you get these games?
Steam
Retail boxed copies
Sprocket
Gamestop
A combination of sources (specify which)

How did you install DayZ?
Manually
Play Six / Six Updater
DayZ Commander
Some other installer?

How do you launch DayZ?
Through a shortcut you created yourself
DayZ Commander
Play Six / Six Updater
Some other launcher

How do you launch DaiZy?
Play Six / Six Updater
Some other launcher

Re: How to have cheats and change time in 042c

fedus_87
what you probably need to do is make you @whateever folder and then make sure to make another folder inside that folder called addons EX. @whatever/addons then place your files into the addons folder inside it some launchers require the addons folser to recognize the folder ant to make sure @whatever mod is running look at your main menu it should show up there if not its not being launched correctly

and im having one issue i cant get some of the mods to pick up in this support call mod for example i want to use these vehicles from the city life stuff

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10857

i just cant find them on the list and a few other infantry and weapon mods aswell
is this because this support call only called stuff from OA [operation arrowhead] because i dont see any of the other default vehicles either such as the vw golf and a few others just mainly military stuff i would love to have those cars spawning as those vehicles around the map also.
 looking into code and playing with stuff to maybe get these sigma cars spawning around the map iv gone off the deep end with your guys's mod to dayz and i want to thank you for providing me with my new love and expect to see me around these forums for a while lol

ok i understand how it works now it is dependent on which side you are on such as bluops opfor independent or civillian and i was now wondering if there is a way to change sides in the DaiZy mission or maybe in this support call addon if not then is there any way i may be able to alter the daizy mission code itself so that i can spawn in on the civilian side instead of blufor everytime i have a quite good understanding on editing these mission files now any tips would be helpfull

Re: How to have cheats and change time in 042c

DayZ_SP
This post was updated on .
I don't know if you can change the player's side because the underlying game logic is still built around Blufor vs. Opfor. Blufor are the Survivors and Bandits (human players) and Opfor are the Zombies (AI) in normal DayZ.

Now, in DaiyZ, they've added AI to take the place of other Blufor, Bandits and Survivors, but I don't know if the game would even spawn you if you change your side since it is looking for Blufor (Survivor) by default.

What you can do is still be Blufor, but change your faction (class).

DayZ uses the PMC "faction" which is still part of Blufor, so you might try changing it to civilian (locals) in the editor and see what happens?

The game should spawn you since you are still Blufor, but I don't know if this will work 100% because the game code is still looking for the PMC faction/models that normal DayZ players use by default...

Administrator
thanks so much for the help it did get me on the right track but yea i cant change side for the survivor blufor only but i can put the cars i want in spawn place's so im about to redo almost all of the vehicles with the ones from the sigma pack and also add more probably at places they would likely be like school bus's at bus stops and schools and cop cars at fire stations and ect

You're right, Support Call does just use the vehicles and equipment that it finds by scanning the ArmA 2 and OA files. It doesn't 'know' about other mods, so it can't include their kit.

Re: How to have cheats and change time in 042c

DayZ_SP
kodabar wrote
If you use the standard "-mod=@MOD1;@MOD2; etc." command line in your desktop shortcut to launch DayZ / DaiyZ, KRON's Support call does see other mods and their assets. I can spawn things like Robert Hammer's custom Mk18 rifles, etc.

What "fedus_87" is having a problem with is the Support Call module won't allow him to spawn custom vehicles because the mod has them affiliated with the local class (civilians) and not Blufor (Player) class the Support Call module looks for. This is why I can spawn RH's weapons (and many others) as long as they are for Blufor and not any other faction, or side.

Administrator
Ah, nice. Thanks for explaining that.

Re: How to have cheats and change time in 042c

fedus_87
exactly right i have the weapons packs rh aks and acs waeopons and even units except for a few but no vehechles but i fixed the issue already thanks to you dayz sp

http://kodabar-dayz-single-player-forum.1084782.n5.nabble.com/DaiZy-with-custom-car-spawns-td381.html

Re: How to have cheats and change time in 042c

Skidd
Hi sorry for very late reply but here is where im at.

I own Combined Operations, I purachsed on steam and I installed DayZ using Dayz Commander.  I can launch the multiplayer using boath Commander and Play with Six without a problem.

when I want to play DaiZy, I replace the DayZ code with the DaiZy code in the @DayZ folder.  I do this as I can't run DaiZy otherwise.  I've tried adding launch options with steam and also with the Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch file and neither work for me.

again sorry for late reply and i hope I've given you what you need to know.

Re: How to have cheats and change time in 042c

kodabar
Administrator
It sounds to me like you're doing everything right. However, I frigging hate Play with Six because it stores the DayZ files in a different place to the one where everyone else does.

Is your DayZ folder somewhere like:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\@DayZ\addons

Or is it in a different location?

Re: How to have cheats and change time in 042c

Skidd
Yes that is the exact location its installed.

Re: How to have cheats and change time in 042c

kodabar
Administrator
Does your Operation Arrowhead have a folder called "Addons" in it?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Addons

Re: How to have cheats and change time in 042c

Skidd
No i added that myself.

Re: How to have cheats and change time in 042c

kodabar
Administrator
When you say you created it yourself, did you do this by copying over the Addons folder from ArmA 2 or did you create it just for placing files like Kronzky's SupportCall?
12