How to have cheats and change time in 042c

Re: How to have cheats and change time in 042c

Skidd
I created it and place Kronzky's SupportCall in it.

Re: How to have cheats and change time in 042c

kodabar
Administrator
What's happening is that the game is running Operation Arrowhead and not picking up on the content from ArmA 2. There are two easy ways to fix that. The first is to just copy the Addons folder across, but that just eats another 8.5GB of your hard disk. Instead, I would suggest creating a symbolic link. Don't worry if you don't know what it is. It's very easy to do and just needs one command.

Open a elevated command line. Click Start > All Programs > Accessories and right click on "Command Prompt" and select "Run as administrator"

Type this command EXACTLY as it is here (or copy and paste it - to paste in the command prompt, click the little icon in the top left and choose Edit > Paste)

mklink /D "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Addons" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2\Addons"

That command creates a symbolic link on your hard disk. It has created an Addons folder inside Operation Arrowhead, but the folder is actually the one inside the ArmA 2 folder. It's a handy command to know - if your Steam folder is taking up too much space on your C drive, you can copy games to another drive and then create a symbolic link and Steam won't know the difference.

Now you've done that, copy the pbo file from Kronzky's SupportCall to the addons folder in either ArmA 2 or Operation Arrowhead - they're the same folder now.

Then if I were you, I'd create a new shortcut.

Go into your Operation Arrowhead program folder
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead

And look for the icon marked Launch Arma2 OA Beta Patch and copy that to somewhere convenient (like the desktop).

Right click the new copy and select Properties

Change the Target line to read
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead\Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe" -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -skipIntro -mod=@DayZ

And set the Start in line to read
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead

Adding modfolders is now just a case of adding a semi-colon and the name to the target line in that  shortcut eg:
-mod=@DayZ;@DayZFallujah;@KRON_SupportCall

Re: How to have cheats and change time in 042c

Skidd
Hey,

I thank you very much.  It's all working now.
If i could shout you a beer a glass of whisky i would.....

Thanks mate.

Re: How to have cheats and change time in 042c

Camaro209
hey not all the vehicles are showing up like helis and cars ive heard of rmod but is that for servers only?
SF49ers NINER EMPIRE CK7 99 Problems

Re: How to have cheats and change time in 042c

kodabar
Administrator
I've had a few people say to me that vehicles haven't shown up. Almost all of them haven't supplied any detail about why they think this. And just about every time I've gone into it with them, it's turned out that they'd not installed a beta patch or that vehicles were showing up, but that they just hadn't found them. So when you say that vehicles aren't showing up, I have no idea how hard you've looked, so I don't know whether they are showing up or not.

On official servers, there aren't very many vehicles. For instance, there's only one helicopter per server and only a handful of land vehicles and boats. On many private hive servers, the game has been modified to include lots and lots of vehicles of all kinds. The default version of DaiZy single player seeks to replicate the features of official servers, not private hives, so there aren't that many vehicles. Oh and they aren't in the same locations as they tend to appear in on online servers - so if you're going to a favourite spot and not encountering a vehicle, it doesn't mean there aren't any.

The second most common problem encountered is due to the beta patch. DayZ and DaiZy rely on having a relatively recent beta patch installed. If you don't have a beta patch installed, or have a really old one, then it might be that vehicles are not spawning correctly because of this. You can check what beta patch you have installed by going to the main menu and looking in the bottom right. It'll say 1.62.XXXX where XXXX is the number of the beta patch you have installed. If you have to install a newer beta patch, you should 'restart' rather than 'resume' any existing game in order for the game to take advantage of the new files - otherwise it'll ignore them.

rMod is nothing to do with vehicles and is an addon that allows the use of all ArmA 2 and OA content in a manner consistent with the latter. In other words, for example you can use player skins that don't normally support backpacks (those from ArmA 2) as though they do have backpacks.

hmm ok ..cars are spawning but i just wanted one heli in it but theres none
SF49ers NINER EMPIRE CK7 99 Problems

Re: How to have cheats and change time in 042c

kodabar
Administrator
A common place for a helicopter to spawn is in the middle of Electro, just south of the supermarket. It's not always there, but it often is.

If you could write back and give me some more information about how you are so certain there are no vehicles, I can maybe give you a more specific answer. And it saves me a shitload of typing...

thanks.. naa its cool all i wanted was a heli
SF49ers NINER EMPIRE CK7 99 Problems

Re: How to have cheats and change time in 042c

kodabar
Administrator
You cab spawn one yourself using Lost Key. It's not too hard to install. You just place one file and one folder then add a bit to the game shortcut. The only thing you have to remember is to take out the one file before playing online.

Full guide:
http://kodabar.blogspot.co.uk/2012/12/how-to-install-lokis-lost-key-for-daizy.html

hey can you change the time with lokis?
SF49ers NINER EMPIRE CK7 99 Problems

Re: How to have cheats and change time in 042c

kodabar
Administrator
No, I'm afraid not. But you can with Support Call. It's just one file and it's very easy to install. One installed, just pull up its menu by pressing Escape, pressing the "Call for support" button and go to the "Environment" section where you can set the time and weather.

Details on installing it and the link to download are in the "Adding cheats" section on here:
http://kodabar.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/dayz-offline-single-player-practice.html

Re: How to have cheats and change time in 042c

Sauron
im not sure if you are active here... but i was wondering if i can add a vehicle mod from armaholics into support call?? i tried spawning the vehicle but it does not appear anywhere..
12