DayZ Origins

Hello, everyone.

I'll start LOOKING AT the latest Origins, I'm not promising anything, though. But I'll take a look at it, and see what can be done. :)

Re: DayZ Origins 1.7.5

superblox02
Can't wait!

Re: DayZ Origins 1.7.5

A Hobo Panda
Sounds great! :D
Btw, when I get back from vacation tomorrow, we can skype and talk about what you're thinking about doing with this Origins project ;3
I have no idea what I'm doing. Trust me, I'm a dentist.

Re: DayZ Origins 1.7.5

Peter
How it goes ? :)

Re: DayZ Origins 1.7.5

aggelon
Wonderful ! \o/

My only request will be : please, let us a file with 'NO AI' !!!
And, is it possible to indicate how to extend the delay before the Z respawn, so I could tune it according my taste ?

Thank you very much !!!

Re: DayZ Origins 1.7.5

deathshank
Any luck with it Above?

Re: DayZ Origins 1.7.5

deathshank
I know ur busy man but is there any chance of u releasing what u have so far with origians as a WIP as u did with Celle? Stoked to see if u can manage it but i understand all the other projects u have going on right now is very time consuming to keep up with... BTW keep up the awesome work man

Re: DayZ Origins 1.7.5

anifan97203
Personally, I would love to see an Origins sp.  But, it does appear that everyone here who can do it are working on a number of other sizeable projects.  Hopefully someone will eventually get to it.  But, it doesn't seem like it's going to happen yet.  I don't remember who it was, but someone said they were going to take a shot at it when version 2.0 comes out.

Re: DayZ Origins 1.7.5

anifan97203 wrote
Personally, I would love to see an Origins sp.  But, it does appear that everyone here who can do it are working on a number of other sizeable projects.  Hopefully someone will eventually get to it.  But, it doesn't seem like it's going to happen yet.  I don't remember who it was, but someone said they were going to take a shot at it when version 2.0 comes out.

I'm actually going to throw my eye on it. And I'm actually abit hyped about it. However, as I said in the post. I can't promise any success, it worked in the older patch, but everything's subject to change.

BUT, I'm currently trying to finnish the BP update, with the new map. I've allowed alot of slacking, but I wanna take a look at Origins, soon.

Re: DayZ Origins 1.7.5

anifan97203
I realize it's not a right away thing.  Or a guaranteed thing.  But, woohoo!  I really like this mod but have gotten pretty annoyed with hackers.  Ran into some guy the other day.  Unloaded a full mag from an M4 into his head.  He saluted and then killed me with one shot from a pistol of some kind.  That sucked.

Re: DayZ Origins 1.7.5

anifan97203 wrote
I realize it's not a right away thing.  Or a guaranteed thing.  But, woohoo!  I really like this mod but have gotten pretty annoyed with hackers.  Ran into some guy the other day.  Unloaded a full mag from an M4 into his head.  He saluted and then killed me with one shot from a pistol of some kind.  That sucked.

Hehe, I hope I can complete an Origins release soon. But you're right, nothing is guaranteed. But it is my second target, after I've completed BP. Or in between, but it will most likely be released after the BP update.

Re: DayZ Origins 1.7.5

deathshank
Glad to hear that news.... on both fronts lol... im a fan of ur Breaking Point too so its nice to see that much good news :P

Re: DayZ Origins 1.7.5

deathshank wrote
Glad to hear that news.... on both fronts lol... im a fan of ur Breaking Point too so its nice to see that much good news :P
I'm glad you're happy, but it'll be a while until I finnish Origins, IF I do. But I'll definitely start looking into it soon.

Re: DayZ Origins 1.7.5

andy5981
Cant wait!!  Would be great if you could get origins sp working.  If it will be anything like your other work it will be absolutely fantastic!!!

Re: DayZ Origins 1.7.5

Peter
Whats with a !.7.1 Sp (IdonĀ“t need a Fortress xd)

Re: DayZ Origins 1.7.5

anifan97203
Actually, I don't think the stronghold would be possible for sp anyway.  You have to be the leader of a tribe of at least 4 before you can build it.  Playing sp, as in 1 person, you really can't make a 5 man tribe.  Not sure if there is a way to get around that.

Re: DayZ Origins 1.7.5

Skullmaster20
just came across this thread and it sounds like an awesome idea. I was just thinking if there is no way to remove the requirement for 5 members to build a stronghold, if Haleks is okay with it you could see if having NPC survivors in your group would count as members that contribute to the requirement. just an idea.

Re: DayZ Origins 1.7.5

Skullmaster20 wrote
just came across this thread and it sounds like an awesome idea. I was just thinking if there is no way to remove the requirement for 5 members to build a stronghold, if Haleks is okay with it you could see if having NPC survivors in your group would count as members that contribute to the requirement. just an idea.

Of course you can rewrite the requirements for the stronghold, haha. :D

The question is wether it's really something we would build.

Re: DayZ Origins 1.7.5

anifan97203
Personally, I would.  I consider building the various structures to be "missions".  All three house levels, both garages, the stronghold, and even the pyramid (if it really exists) are specific and attainable goals.  Each doable, but not easy.

Re: DayZ Origins 1.7.5

Skullmaster20
I'd probably never get round to building a stronghold as i'd wind up dead too quickly, however if I ever did get round to building one i'd most likely feel that it's a bit too big for one person to inhabit all on his own, I mean the prequisite for 5 people in order to build the stronghold in proper origins is useful in one respect as it means that someone will never end up trying to build, or maintain an entire stronghold by themselves, which could prove a challenge in DaiZy. also your base would never be secure if you had a drawbridge, as from what I gather (though i've never been able to play origins, let alone build a stronghold) you have to be inside the stronghold in order to close the drawbridge, meaning it'd have to be left open whilst you go out to scavenge.
123