DayZ Origins

Re: DayZ Origins 1.7.5

sivart212
"you have to be inside the stronghold in order to close the drawbridge"
are you sure?  this video shows him open it from the outside

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVc-e7-TH8I

Re: DayZ Origins 1.7.5

sivart212 wrote
"you have to be inside the stronghold in order to close the drawbridge"
are you sure?  this video shows him open it from the outside

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVc-e7-TH8I

Read your quote of what he said, again.

Also, this is all rewrite'able.

Re: DayZ Origins 1.7.5

anifan97203
In my opinion, it's not really a matter of if everyone will build one.  It's more of an issue of will enough people actually want to.  As I said, I personally like the idea of having these goals to work towards.  Basic survival can only keep your interest for so long.  Otherwise, it's just like any other mod.  The appeal of Origins, for me, are the goals or missions.  Build the structures, set up a defensible camp or town, build a fort to store items/equipment/vehicles and defend, and of course assault Sector B.

But, in the end, it all comes down to whether or not Above gets the time and interest to do this.  Or, if he feels there is enough community interest to put forth the effort of rewriting the requirements.

Re: DayZ Origins 1.7.5

sivart212
Not sure what you mean but I was simply saying in the video you can see them opening AND closing the door. I failed to mention that in my other post, my apologies.

I'm sure you can figure out how to make it work in singleplayer.  All your other sp mods are awesome.

Re: DayZ Origins 1.7.5

anifan97203
Another issue with the stronghold that i had not thought of before is building materials.  Each of the levels require a large number of cinder blocks.  It would take roughly a year of play to acquire enough of them to actually build it.  If Origins SP is done, the tribe requirement would need dealt with and the cinder block requirement would need to be dropped or at least severely reduced.

Re: DayZ Origins 1.7.5

Tango33
Above, this will be a great release, thank you for putting in the time.

Re: DayZ Origins 1.7.5

Tango33 wrote
Above, this will be a great release, thank you for putting in the time.

Well, nothing "will be". But hopefully, as I said, I've promised to look into this. And I will, but nothing is set in stone yet. Origins seemed a tiny bit complex last time, even though it worked. And if I succeed, it wont be a fully perfect release at first. Unless you're willing to give me alot of time before the first release. Until then, let's hope for the best. :D

Re: DayZ Origins 1.7.5

deathshank
Hope it all works out :P I know alot of us are looking for a Origins SP release lol

Re: DayZ Origins 1.7.5

deathshank wrote
Hope it all works out :P I know alot of us are looking for a Origins SP release lol

I got good and bad news. Nothing regarding the progress, well kind of. But not really.

Bad news. I've been working alot on the Breaking Point update, and not tried Origins yet.

Good news; I'll have alot of time once BP is updated.

Re: DayZ Origins 1.7.5

aggelon
Thanks !

It's really good news ;)

Re: DayZ Origins 1.7.5

anifan97203
I take that as all good things.  A bad thing would be you saying that you dug into it and decided that it's too much trouble.

Re: DayZ Origins 1.7.5

Peter
And,how it goes ?:)

Re: DayZ Origins 1.7.5

anifan97203
My understanding, he hasn't started yet.  I imagine once he does get started, he'll post something saying that he is now looking into it.  But, I'm just guessing here.

Re: DayZ Origins 1.7.5

anifan97203 wrote
My understanding, he hasn't started yet.  I imagine once he does get started, he'll post something saying that he is now looking into it.  But, I'm just guessing here.

I have kind of started, I'm just not working with it atm.

Re: DayZ Origins 1.7.5

Peter
oh okay:/

Re: DayZ Origins 1.7.5

Peter wrote
oh okay:/

I will, though. It's just that I have alot of started projects on my desktop. x)

Re: DayZ Origins 1.7.5

Blueysan
Will tools break after a while? Because it's already pretty hard to get the materials for an base, and if your hatchet/pickaxe will break all the time, it would almost be impossible to make an base.
Also, i'd like to thank you for making this available for single player, since i found it that Origins MP is full of hackers

Re: DayZ Origins 1.7.5

anifan97203
Tools do break.  I play mp on a private server so we don't have to deal with hackers.  Hatchets and pickaxes last anywhere from 1 - 100 times.  It seems random, but they do not last forever.  However, they are easy enough to come by that you shouldn't have much trouble there.

Also, please remember, he is going to attempt converting Origins to SP, but it's not garaunteed to be successful.

Re: DayZ Origins 1.7.5

anifan97203 wrote
Also, please remember, he is going to attempt converting Origins to SP, but it's not garaunteed to be successful.

There shouldn't be any problems. But if there are problems, it will most likely be because I'm lacking files. The mission I used now to convert was old, so I will likely need a 1.7.6 mission.

Re: DayZ Origins 1.7.5

Pedigree
And what does this mean for the release of this SP ?
123