DayZ - Land of the Dead

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: DayZ - Land of the Dead

benevolentdevil
From the video , it looks more like the "older" undead mod zombies, they way they "walk" all herky-jerky ( which in my opinion is better than dayz infected behavior. )

 a few guys back before DayZ made mods like "undead mod" , Infection mod, Dynamic Zombie Mission ...
one guy, even could turn units into "zombies" by script ... no "mod/addon" needed.  ( In fact i think arma2 DZM is 100% just a mission, no mods at all. )

 When you said "runners" could run inside buildings , that too really seems like the older "zombies/infected" from undead mods and the like.
  The old mods ... heh, zombies/infected could glitch right through walls, buildings, ... only a few items like wire fences, tank traps, and cars could "block them" , so you might think your safe, only to get a runner go through the side of a house and claw you on your flank or behind.
 But they all ran inside too ... the ones that ran anyways.

Maybe it's the "old style" just re-skinned?  Those would take up less cpu/processor to run, compared to dayz infected.

 It sounds like a good mod to try.
I do with arma2 had auto-translation in though.

"PDAs" were common in "Russian based videogames" as means of storing information, and communication ... Stalker and Metro series PDAs were used as such.

I've lost the link to it though, it's somewhere backlogged in Origins discussion I think ... but I scanned through, didn't see it again.

Re: DayZ - Land of the Dead

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: DayZ - Land of the Dead

benevolentdevil
I seen it after you reposted it ;) , but thank you.

I'm gonna wait to try it to be honest, 7gb is quite a bit to download on my crappy internet

Re: DayZ - Land of the Dead

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: DayZ - Land of the Dead

benevolentdevil
yeah ...

I like those zombies ...  the items and system are a tad overly complex.  It is a huge GB drain , the map ( cherno) has loads of added in areas ... lots of buildings too.

 My fps didn't run very well, the fog ... meh, and  had everything low as possible.  I was getting 8-10 fps in open areas, 5-6 in populated places.

 I don't know ... it has alot of features I like , but again ... quite a bit I don't care much for either.

 But, I might just be getting bored with dayz again ... I dunno.

Re: DayZ - Land of the Dead

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: DayZ - Land of the Dead

benevolentdevil
 Yeah, a small break from dayz ... I did not see the weather option , will try that later.

 Don't get me wrong ... I love how the zombies behave in this one ... it's more like what zombies should be.

 My son got a gaming computer for his birthday , I'm so jealous ... got it for a good price.  But at least I know, I can get something probably around christmas or income tax time to "upgrade" ...

 I fear my issue is this laptop ... it's got the quad-core processor thing, and I know arma2 doesn't use it right or efficiently.

 Some of the tools , I found to be a bit too complex ... but only got to explore a small portion of collecting.
I was finding more epoch style building parts , than what I needed for usual ... like hatchet, which might be spawning elsewhere other than industrial in this mod, I don't know.

 I got shot down by a "hero" AI ... and I don't know why.  She ignored me for a few minutes, I passed on by, and then she open fired on me.

 I'll take a small break, then give this mod a good go of it later on ... I'll restart so I can change that weather parameter.

 I've been looking at too much DayZ of late I think ...  trying to see how to "update" our DaiZY code to 1.9.0 ( or latest dayZ download, not sure what it is now) ...
 1.9.0 added back in base building, has zero buildings and more open buildings , and other minor changes.
  But, they complicated the dayz code/mod to the point where one pbo is dependent on something in another pbo ... trying to track all that down is near impossible if you aren't a bis engine coding expert ( and I am not by far ) ...  as I can't even seem to take DaiZY "survival" , random loot spawns, and UI/GUI and apply it to my Stalker idea ... so it's way beyond my capability.

 Yesterday while waiting for LOD to download ... I tried Arma3 and some semi-working sp "survival" mods ...
 well ...  I'm not exactly impressed.
TO be honest Standalone DayZ kinda has Arma3 beat from what I experienced, and I really do not like standalone.  The SP in standalone is very boring, and the MP portion is still very boring even having a few people to shoot at.

 The best by far is still Arma2 mods for DayZ and it's like ... the bad issue is, no one that has the talent to do things with arma2 is working on arma2 mods anymore.
 well, the Epoch, Origins ( somewhat) they have a standalone they are working on now are still developing content... but all that's strictly multi-player.

Re: DayZ - Land of the Dead

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: DayZ - Land of the Dead

benevolentdevil
I like the extended maps way better ...

 More buildings to explore, is better in my opninion.

Yeah, most my issues stem from
1- It's a laptop , not really a "gaming laptop" , I got a decent graphic  card in mine , but it's just shy of being "desktop" good in quality.
2- Quad core Processors ... Arma2 was built off dual core processor in mind, and it doesn't know what to do with the 2 extra processors ... it never plays nice.
3- Sound card is not great ... I've noticed sounds themselves ( like wind blowing , or rain) will drop my performance.  There are also many times, I can't tell where shots are fired from or how close ...  The sound gets a bit ..."generic" from time to time , when it does I noticed it's when my FPS drops quite a bit.

 My specs are bare minimum for running arma2 as it is ... I didn't expect the world out of the laptop , was for many years just happy to be able to play Arma2 and DayZ.
-------------------------

land of the dead is much closer to what I envisioned "survival simulation in zombie apocalypse" would be ... except for the air traffic, and still a bit to heavy on AI bandits side.
 I wish there was a parameter to change those ... I like having bandits to shoot at , I would just cut down to about 40% of what currently spawns.

Re: DayZ - Land of the Dead

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: DayZ - Land of the Dead

benevolentdevil
I don't think I played it long enough it seems.

 I just did a quick run through, just to see a quick peek ...

Re: DayZ - Land of the Dead

benevolentdevil
have you tried any base building yet?  I see epoch parts, I didn't have any tools or toolbox to see if i could build anything or not ...

Re: DayZ - Land of the Dead

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: DayZ - Land of the Dead

benevolentdevil
ahh, I figured out some of my issues ... my download was incomplete ... odd it ran at all!
 I discovered when I unpacked the mod, I was missing one or two of the PBOs , I got an error, but ignored it ... I think thats why I didn't get options for weather, and maybe why some things didn't spawn for me.

 I'm re-downloading now , making sure I don't lose connection ( I think my ISP dropped while downloading yesterday, when it picked back up, it wasn't "complete" )

Re: DayZ - Land of the Dead

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: DayZ - Land of the Dead

benevolentdevil
Epoch construction is slightly different than vanillia dayz building/construction ...
I'm not sure how LOD is scripted ... as far as construction goes.

 But the wood planks in industrial, you should be able to make a saw-horse or workbench , something like 2 lumber and one plywood ... then can take lumber , make more plywood.  Lumber needed an axe and a knife to make.
 Out of lumber and plywood ... you could make walls, floors, doorways, and window walls ... which was the most simplest way to "build" , out of wood ...  but wasn't as "secure" as concrete and metal ...

 Time consuming process, chopping wood , making lumber, then making plywood, then combining and getting more ... but, all it took was time once you had a few minor tools.

 -------------------------------

 Epoch did totally change DayZ way away from "vanillia" ...  in many ways it was "better" and in other ways, it was inferior.
 Epoch made it easy to gear up. Having "traders" , you could buy/sell almost anything and everything ... vehicles, food, drinks, backpacks, weapons ... instead of "searching" hospitals for antibiotics or morphine , you could go to the traders and just buy it.

 It was in part "easy mode" for dayz.   But keep in mind, epoch was "made for PvP" online play too ...

 Being "easy mode" wasn't always a good thing.  It was a bit "too easy" in my opinion.

 The BEST part of Epoch has always been it's base-building/construction system ...   While I don't quite like how they look , you could pretty much build how you wanted, where you wanted ...

 I would do things like, make small "bases" or "houses" along the coast.

One time I built an entire forrest "tree-house" base out of wood.

 I did a sea-side "base" complete with wood fence around it once, it looked like a beach-condo ...

 I had alot of "fun" just designing bases,  even big structures sometimes ...

Re: DayZ - Land of the Dead

Eric the Viking
Rachel-gamer(gaming and more). wrote
And Klaycus "Last Days" is on 11GB. That´s why i´m waiting with that. Have spare an afternoon and evening to do that.
http://kodabar-dayz-daizy-single-player-forum.1084782.n5.nabble.com/DayZ-Single-Player-Mods-td18393.html

I'd wait for fresh links from Klaycus first.

Re: DayZ - Land of the Dead

benevolentdevil
Most people who played epoch online ...

 They'd build these ... things I called " towers of power" ... huge megalith structures, that were overly tall , and sometimes gravity defying things.
 I didn't quite like that part myself ...   I like more one or two story construction ... things more "realistic".

 I'd try to make em secure , have a area to park vehicles in , a landing pad for my Mozzie ... ( but I never went for armed vehicles , or big helicopters , I like things more ... simple. )
12