DaiZy+ v042d Unofficial Release!

Re: DaiZy+ v042d Unofficial Release!

luke
The Bandits appear to survive multple game reloads in Cherno, but i dont see any bandits in Elektro though?

Is it possible that finding and using a vehicle is somehow breaking the ai when entering a city in it?

I found a vehicle, repaired it, headed to Elektro and didnt find any bandits at all. I dont see any markers on the map for Elektro either.

Whereas for Cherno I came back and bandits appear to be spawning again, and there are red markers all over Cherno. random survivor spawn just seem to stand about? The one I encountered that is. I found a dead bandit under the refuel station wall. However i was using the vehicle so not sure what is going on then...

A unselectable dog was also found in the factory region, it just stands there, cannot be shot/selected...

Re: DaiZy+ v042d Unofficial Release!

DayZ_SP
luke wrote
The Kronzky mod works fine for time, but it means another mod installed, I preferred the original mod simply because it worked and had a simple menu.

if anyone can tell me how to fix the cheat menu so the timer works again for 0.42c/d

Thanks
Kronsky's Support Call mod is a better cheat solution because it allows access to ANY weapon, vehicle, skin, item, etc. from ArmA 2 (CO; OA; RFT) as well as any mods you have installed like ACE, COWarMod, etc.

His old cheat menu is limited to just DayZ itself because it only populates the item lists from within the DayZ config files and nothing else.

However, if you want the older menu with the time cheat you have to include the following files in your DayZ.Chernanus folder:

-cheating.sqf
-dlg_spawn.hpp
-HUDtoggle.sqf
-KRON_Strings.sqf
-monitor.sqf
-reloadHUD.sqf
-settime.sqf
-showloot.sqf
-spawnstuff.sqf

I recommend using the in-game editor to compile the map files into a pbo.

You might have to experiment to see what files may, or may not be missing and/or conflicting...

Re: DaiZy+ v042d Unofficial Release!

luke
The error i get now is  Resource "timeselector"  is not found.

Which file does this reference?

Re: DaiZy+ v042d Unofficial Release!

DayZ_SP
luke wrote
The error i get now is  Resource "timeselector"  is not found.

Which file does this reference?
Sometimes you get compile errors that say files are missing, but it doesn't effect the game play. These errors often depend on what you used to extract the original .pbo as well as what you used to recompile the modified files.

Does the map play fine without it?

Are you able to manipulate time?

If so, just ignore it.

If you can't manipulate time, then you are going to have to open each of the .sqf files with ArmaEdit, (or Notepad) and look for the references to "timeselector. You are going to have to work backwards by examining string and code calls to see where this is referenced and what file (.sqf) it resides in...

Re: DaiZy+ v042d Unofficial Release!

luke
It doesnt affect the game, it simply says that error, and then vanishes.

Your right, i shall have to figure out where the error lies through the code, and which file it references so i can find it.

Thanks.

Re: DaiZy+ v042d Unofficial Release!

Niceonegunit
TimeSelector is for the SetTime cheat.

It doesn't work so you'll just have to ignore it.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: DaiZy+ v042d Unofficial Release!

As of v042c, I only have 1 big thing I don't like. And that's how vehicles spawn all over the place. I was at NWA, and a couple of minutes in, there's like 10-30 vehicles scattered around the area.

And the bandits/snipers/W/E seems to respawn ALOT. <-- Don't really mind. :3

The crashsite loot is quite week too, I still consider it resonable seeing as you're the only one on the "server".

P.S. This mod is  fucking MENTAL. And 42c just made me jizz hard, this is fucking mint! <3

Re: DaiZy+ v042d Unofficial Release!

Proctoron
Not sure what i do wrong.
For several releases now, when i die and hit restart, the whole game restarts.
I have lived with that for a while, but now i want to set up camp :-)

Using V042d and the new Rz0.

Re: DaiZy+ v042d Unofficial Release!

Niceonegunit
@Proctoron

You aren't doing anything wrong.

That's just how ArmA is. This is a single player mission, thus it is not a persistent multiplayer world like, well, mutliplayer. Restart literally means restart.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: DaiZy+ v042d Unofficial Release!

fedus_87
not sure what you thought would happen exactly when you hit restart but try saving maybe or just hit suspend or do you mean the whole arma game itself restarts

Oh my memory might play a trick on me, maybe it was a different version before i found these, cause it didnt have vehicles or bandits etc in it. But when you died, you could run back to your corpse and get your stuff.
But again, now i am uncertain. lol

Re: DaiZy+ v042d Unofficial Release!

Niceonegunit
@luke
I was gonna fix the time bug but I'm a lazy asshole so I forgot.

I'd love to band together with kodabar/unknown but I'm not part of the modding team and thus not allowed to do tons of editing and new additions and all that delicious stuff.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: DaiZy+ v042d Unofficial Release!

DayZ_SP
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: DaiZy+ v042d Unofficial Release!

Niceonegunit
@DayZ_SP

I still got the message. Thank you Thread Subscribe Button.

It might not become obsolete. I doubt Rocket will bother with AI Bandits and the such, and if he keeps true to his word, we'll be able to slap the DaiZy mod upon it as well.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Sometime music always restarting after load

aggelon
Pierry wrote
Well as I posted on the megathread for fixes, bugs etc: When I load my saved mission it always just start another track from it in a middle of one that was playing. And that repeats all the time. Even if I start the mission from scratch, same results.
Is there a solution ? I have this problem too, with the Factions release... someone found the fix ?

Thank you very much !

Re: DaiZy+ v042d Unofficial Release!

Eric the Viking
Hi Niceonegunit :)

I'm enjoying this version of DaiZy, it's nice to get back to basics sometimes.

I did have a couple of questions about it however;

1. What do you recommend as the DayZ version base to use with it?
2. What beta version of Arma2?

I'm currently using the DaiZy+_v[Rz0] Fixed version with the DaiZy_v042.Chernarus.pbo (the one in the v042dUO folder) and about one hour in, there's plenty of loot but I can't pick it up. I tried moving into a forest with a tent but I can't sleep to try the reset trick - should I be using a particular version with a particular map/mission?

Thanks for the help :)

Eric

Re: DaiZy+ v042d Unofficial Release!

Niceonegunit
Eric the Viking wrote
Hi Niceonegunit :)

I'm enjoying this version of DaiZy, it's nice to get back to basics sometimes.

I did have a couple of questions about it however;

1. What do you recommend as the DayZ version base to use with it?
2. What beta version of Arma2?

I'm currently using the DaiZy+_v[Rz0] Fixed version with the DaiZy_v042.Chernarus.pbo (the one in the v042dUO folder) and about one hour in, there's plenty of loot but I can't pick it up. I tried moving into a forest with a tent but I can't sleep to try the reset trick - should I be using a particular version with a particular map/mission?

Thanks for the help :)

Eric
Hah, wow. I was convinced no one else enjoyed the old DayZ anymore, which definitely influenced me to stop making missions. Missions kept adding more over-the-top, borderline unneccesary scripts to the mission that would break constantly, or have drastic effects on the overall feel of DayZ.

Props to Haleks though for at least putting some effort into keeping DayZ itself. So many missions offered this horrible, clunky base-building system. Sure, it's a neat concept, but the execution is poor. This isn't multiplayer, it shouldn't take me a week of real-life time to build a damn base properly. The game quickly turned into Single-player Rust more than anything.

Haleks is more focused on the environment and feel of the game. I know I always said I was working on the AI as top priority, but I was pretty focused on the environment more. AI can't be improved any further. Only in DayZ Standalone (god help me that game is awful) will the AI be better. SP missions are certainly hard to make in DayZ standalone. But it is very very possible.

No offense to Above or anything, though. People may not like vanilla DayZ, and for good reason too.

Now, I do believe this was released around the time of DayZ 1.7.2.5 or older. (God, those were the days)

Unsure of the beta though. Anyone else know what the beta patch was during this timeframe?
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: DaiZy+ v042d Unofficial Release!

Eric the Viking
Some interesting comments there Niceonegunit.

A bit of history: I've never played DayZ! I heard of the game years ago, and most of the comments included player killing, stealing blood, handcuffs, stealing loot, hackers, corrupt admins... well, the list goes on.

A couple of months ago I watched a few videos on Youtube by FrankieonPC1080 (you might have seen them) and I ended up watching all 41 (from memory) of them. I was a convert! I knew I wouldn't play MP (crappy ADSL) (and I'd die a lot)(and generally suck at it) but I definitely wanted to experience the survival  gameplay.

The early videos (ie, versions of DayZ) seemed the purest to me, massive weapon selection, neat gear. I do think more, within reason, (especially for single player) is better but it has to work properly and reliably. It has to fit with the overall experience.

I haven't paid much attention the SA yet but it seems far removed from what started it all. I guess that's the problem with a concept which becomes public property and spawns so many variations.

This forum / site is pretty unique too - there's no place else that has so many talented modders (yourself included) working on SP DayZ.

Anyway, I'll look into the older versions of DayZ. The change logs for these versions on the DayZ Forums may indicate a specific beta version. Also, as you may have missed it, what do you suggest and the base/mission mix of your downloads? I've downloaded the DaiZy_v042e[LAN]Chernarus.pbo and so far so loot pickup problems.

Oh, I've seen videos of Rust. I really don't get it.

Cheers,

Eric

12