help a noob: easiest way to install single player DaiZy?

help a noob: easiest way to install single player DaiZy?

zombaby
Hello all,

apologies in advance if all this sounds silly, but i have been trying to follow instructions for a few different DaiZy versions (factions/2018/1987) but i cannot make either run on my computer...(i currently get a "requires add-on KA52" error when i try to boot either Factions or 1987)

I have Arma 2, OA and OA beta and Dayz mod installed, and they all work correctly and they are all using the latest updated version.

I am wondering if somebody could be so kind to direct me with baby steps in order to be able to install and play the single player mod successfully: i am getting ready to be traveling a lot, with no wifi/internet and i cannot stay away from DayZ for long :)

THANK YOU in advance for any help you can provide...i really appreciate it!

Re: help a noob: easiest way to install single player DaiZy?

zombaby
i wanted to add...i also have Arma 3 if needed.

Basically i am trying to find the easiest way to play a DayZ-like mod without being online and on my own., single player.

Thanks!

Re: help a noob: easiest way to install single player DaiZy?

Eric the Viking
Hi zombaby

You'd be better of posting a help request in the thread of the mod you'd like help with since your description thus far doesn't really provide much to go on.

For wide ranging help, including specific DayZ mod installation instructions, have good look at Kodabar's DayZ blog

None of these mods use Arma 3 with the exception of Ravage

Re: help a noob: easiest way to install single player DaiZy?

zombaby
Thank you Eric,

i am trying to install DayZ 2018 and i followed all instructions.

I get an error:

addon ca community configuration project e arma 2 ka52

I'll post in the mod thread!

Re: help a noob: easiest way to install single player DaiZy?

chrispools
Hi Zombaby.

I agree with Eric about Kodabars blog
It can be a little daunting installing saome of these mods as there are slight variations in instructions. They do however, more or less require the same procedure. The best thing I can suggest at this late hour is looking at Kodabars blog. It is very detailed and offers suggestions on errors. If you can do that, you can do any on here. Good luck.

https://kodabar.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/dayz-offline-single-player-practice.html

p.s. Read through it first to get a good understanding of what to do. there is even a video too :-)

Re: help a noob: easiest way to install single player DaiZy?

zombaby
THANK YOU!

that solved it. now off to some single player action :)