dayz 1.8 mt thoughts (online play)

shnknott
so i played dayz 1.8 online last. but i think the zombies are much of a threat now. I understand why the dayz dev team is doing it cause dayz was kinda easy. But come on three hits from a zombie and half of my blood is gone. a little to much... just my opinion.

Re: dayz 1.8 mt thoughts (online play)

shnknott wrote
so i played dayz 1.8 online last. but i think the zombies are much of a threat now. I understand why the dayz dev team is doing it cause dayz was kinda easy. But come on three hits from a zombie and half of my blood is gone. a little to much... just my opinion.

DayZ was intended (afaik) to simulate a real zombie apocolypse, though. Where zombies are meant to be dangerous. :P

This should also keep more players from killing each other.

Re: dayz 1.8 mt thoughts (online play)

Abid.ali
So I was wondering how I would make a map, or weapon for dayz, and what I would need to do it.
I just felt that it would be cool to give it a try.

As an example of a weapon, suggested by the zombie survival guide, and can use NATO 5.56 rounds

Re: dayz 1.8 mt thoughts (online play)

jhonmoral
i LOVE IT,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
.......Em Crazy..........

Re: dayz 1.8 mt thoughts (online play)

benevolentdevil
yeah but the Dayz "infected" aren't really"zombies" either ... more like 28 days later "infected".
 That was the intent anyways.

 Nothing about Dayz is realistically simulated even in a fictional aftermath of biological outbreak like this.

 On top of that, DayZ became less a CoOp for survival, and just a glorified death match, KOS play.

 some of it is even aggravating.
So much time/effort put into one system , yet ignoring of simple things...
Like why can't you start a fire with road flares? You need matches? Did no one in chernarus smoke and use a lighter?
lack of realistic "fortification" on already open buildings ... in vanilla of course.
 Can't make a survival shelter from tarp or bushcraft up a lean too?

 Of course, it's a mod of a mil simulation, so nothing can ever be perfect on that end.
Mostly what ruins Dayz is it' s fun when starting out, needing supplies, needing weapons ... but after you play a while, the only real challenge is other players ...  after a certain point, you got enough stuff ... there's not much left to do cept for hunting other players ... though you don't need what they got either, it can all be found or attained easily anywhere else anyways.

Daizy AI doesn't work like having other players in playing btw...
Spawning in random direction areas in certain triggered or scripted areas ... not the same as tracking a spawn from the coast up to NW Airfield to see what they do and how they interaact for example.
 AI simply spawns in, are looking for your location, and aim bot through trees, grass, walls the computer doesn't "see" or have visual obstacles like human players do.  The engine calculates the hit from arms first, then applies if anything was "in the way" that would stop a bullet.
 Sometimes that gets wonky dealing with AI shooting at you.

 AI always knows your location , even if it "pretends" not to at first. A human player can overlook you, or even not know where shots are coming from exactly.

 Single player Daizy is not quite the same experience as normal arma2 or arma3 dayz mods.

 I have no idea about stand alone ... in that one I see too many aggravating systems installed, but the things needed to be worked on/fixed never do.  Oh it updated finally ... now you must change clothes that ruin every fire fight, but we aren't going to fix the hundred other bugs reported over the last year.

same things with that too , and Daizy ... once you get to a certain point ... there's not much point in playing , once you get geared, stashes or a base with supplies ... a few vehicles ... play becomes monotonous and stale , same old same old.