UPCOMING PROJECT: DayZ Hardcore Survival

UPCOMING PROJECT: DayZ Hardcore Survival

DayZ_SP
I am working on a new version of DayZ for good old Chernarus that brings back the original concept Rocket had when he created DayZ in the first place.

Survival in a harsh environment with limited resources

I'm tentatively calling it "Survival X" and here are some of the features:

-Limited resources:

The most powerful weapons in this version will be the M4 and AK47, respectively. No high-powered anti-material riles with night vision, no machineguns like the MK8, etc.

Along with normal loot spawns, there will be supply crates scattered throughout the map in remote places like this:

Inside these crates will be limited supplies like food, medicines, weapons and ammo:

These crates will be marked on you map and will be in places that force you to explore the entire (interior) map and not just roam the coast and/or head directly to Cherno, or Elektro. I am also working on making the contents respawn every half-hour as well, but I may ditch that since boxes don't magically refill themselves once you take the loot. We'll see...

This also acts like a backup in cases where loot stops spawning in buildings after prolonged periods of play.

-Players will spawn with NO weapons, only the following items:

Hunting Knife
Hatchet
Map
Binoculars
Night Vision Googles (if you want to play at night)
A couple of bandages
A few painkillers
A can of Baked Beans, Pasta to get you started
Waterbottle

-There will be no AI Bandits in this release! There will only be AI Survivors who you DO NOT control.

They will roam the map and engage zombies as if they were "other players"... And here is where it becomes more like DayZ online:

If you see an AI with better gear (using the random backpacks, rifles, pistols and tools scripts), do you kill them with your hatchet and become a Bandit? Do you decide to play as a Bandit, and not even go for the scattered caches of food, weapons and medicine through out the map? It's a chance to play the "other side" and it makes it more challenging for players who play "honorably" and DON'T kill the Survivors since they can help protect you and clear out areas in certain situations.

Also, for those who want a total single player survival experience WITHOUT AI of any kind, I am currently developing two versions simultaneously, so BOTH versions will be available at launch!

-A Hell of a lot more Zombies than default!

This new feature creates the true Survival Horror-type game Rocket intended (with NO performance loss!) and gets away from the squad-based shooter DaiyZ turned into. This, coupled with not controlling AI makes it more like online play than ever before with Zombies being a real threat instead of just the nuisance they currently are.

-No Cheats

WTF? Yes, that's right. Cheats are great for SP, but we've already gone in that direction and I want to go back to Rocket's original design. This also gives players who want more of a serious challenge their chance to play the game as intended. This also gives players who normally "mess around" spawning A-10s and things a different kind of DayZ experience they might not ever have had. Who knows? They just might end up liking it.

Crafting of Equipment & Structures?

I am debating whether to add this feature at the present time. It will probably NOT be in the initial release, but if people want it enough I can look into contacting those who developed this code and implementing it, here.

RELEASE DATE TBA/PENDING...

Re: UPCOMING PROJECT: DayZ Hardcore Survival

yatoub
Wow, sounds great !
I'm really looking forward to it.

Re: UPCOMING PROJECT: DayZ Hardcore Survival

draconis123
This is going to be awesome, and it's just in time for me to add to my Christmas list.

Re: UPCOMING PROJECT: DayZ Hardcore Survival

Charlie
hi all
is a very good idea.

There is a very similar version for survival.
I play with:

DayZ: version 1.7.2.6
Code Pbo: Lingor+usable blood bags (19,1 Mb)
Map:  DaiZy_v038b.Chermarus PBO
Betapach:  ARMA2_OA_Build_98443

I like it because:
1.-  Players spawn with few items, only: bandage, painkillers
flashlight, Patrol pack Coyote.
2.-  Few food, drink and weapons on the map.
3.-  Bandits are not constantly appear around the player. By example:
You can be playing two hours and no bandits... and suddenly there are four
of them.

I played codes+maps of Namalks, Lingor Island, Taviana, Takistan, Ultimate 2017
etc., but prefer Lingor+v38b Chermarus

Sorry my bad english. I´m old spain player

A greeting and thank you for this fantastic mod in which you are working

Re: UPCOMING PROJECT: DayZ Hardcore Survival

fedus_87
please add the construction at least as a trial to see what everyone thinks i would love to see this brought to SP for us and i cant wait to try it man sounds like what i have been looking for in dayz all along. except for the ai bandits i do like having the threat of being shot at but what i would prefer is bandits only in the place's that are high pvp areas of the map in MP such as cherno elektro and airfields but other small towns and villages are empty.

looking forward to this man great work

Re: UPCOMING PROJECT: DayZ Hardcore Survival

Charlie
Hello DayZ SP. Is possible to make an extra hardcore survival.version in Chermarus with these
characteristics?:

1.-  Player spawn with only Alice pack
2.-  Items: map, hunting knife, binoculars, box of matches, Night Vision,
      compass, watch (only one of each item, hidden around the map)
3.-  Items: Food, drink, weapons, magazines, pile of wood, animals to hunt,
      blood bags, morphine, antibiotics, etc (with no respawn) By example: if you
      enter a supermarket, pick up food, drink, etc.. and not to reappear anymore in this place.
4.-  Bandits (in groups of 4 as v38b Chermarus)
5.-  When finish food, drink and animals to hunt (end game) Because the player will die

Re: UPCOMING PROJECT: DayZ Hardcore Survival

DayZ_SP
RE: Contruction Scripts...

I'll look into including that in the initial release. No promises, though.

Be aware, like most things of this nature, it is still in beta, so there a lot of on-going issues with it. Hopefully, the more people that test it the faster the bugs will be identified and squashed, though.

RE: Starting Loadout...

This can easily be changed to suit players preferences and nothing is cut in stone, yet.

I will look into pre-game loadout screens and see what can be done, but this is NOT the focus of this project.

I value community feedback, but I am not going to make five different versions of the map for five different requests for separate loadouts, for example. What I can do, however, is start posting tutorials on how these maps are made, so the community can start modifying and producing your own like some of you are already doing.

Also...

I am going to include very basic cheats, but not cheats that make the game easier, or that change it into previous versions of DaiyZ.

This means basic functions like being able to set the time of Day (Day, Night), loot cycling so the loot recycles quicker and things of that nature.

Vehicle spawning, for example, will be limited to DayZ vehicles only because I've removed the random car spawner because it is sloppy and doesn't work like it should (I've experienced cars falling out of the sky, literally, that almost crush me and the ones that don't explode into flaming wrecks and become useless).

Re: UPCOMING PROJECT: DayZ Hardcore Survival

fedus_87
awesome man i know the construction scripts are going to be buggy but like you said if we have it to test. it will most likely be fixed eventually.

and as for the tutorials that would be the most amazing thing i could ask for is your knowledge. so i would appreciate it so much what i am having trouble with is editing loot spawns/tables and adding custom weapons to loot spawns. i cant seem to find a very good tut anywhere.

and i agree 100% on the vehicle spawns being set in the editor makes it much more accurate and you dont find cars stuck in buildings/walls and have cars spawn on top of you and kill you i have had that happen also.

EDIT: i actually figured out the loot spawning situation on my own but i would still love to see some tut's from you.

Re: UPCOMING PROJECT: DayZ Hardcore Survival

ch0j1n
Sounds good, i will definitely be keeping my eye on this :)

Re: UPCOMING PROJECT: DayZ Hardcore Survival

GhostsNightmare
Sounds sick dude!