Singleplayer Server Dayz Adventures - Epoch / Overpochins / Overpoch

Re: Singleplayer Server Dayz Adventures - Epoch / Overpochins / Overpoch

Eric the Viking
There's no doubt in my mind that you could create your own server. But you're not going to be able to run both server & client on your current laptop.

You'll need an external box but there's a cost attached to this but it's probally your best option - it only needs a decent CPU, decent quantity of memory & a SSD. Renting a server has, as you already know, pluses & minuses.

Remember the mod was designed to work within the constraints of Arma - and Arma was never intended to be used the way the mod wants - which is why we break a leg on stairs, sigh and mutter "Arma". The bushes in Arma3 are lethal.

The point is  there are reasons but they don't seem to make sense. As for hackers, there aren't really that many hackers just dumb asses exploiting known weaknesses using third-party scripts.

Re: Singleplayer Server Dayz Adventures - Epoch / Overpochins / Overpoch

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Singleplayer Server Dayz Adventures - Epoch / Overpochins / Overpoch

benevolentdevil
around christmas or at the latest tax time next year ... new gaming computer is going to be had!
 we bought one for my son , spent around 400 .. bought it used off a facebook sales page local here.
It's NICE, came with everything ... it doesn't have the 1080p card, but the next step down.
Not that you can tell ... well, at least to me it's great.  Anything over 30fps , when I struggle to get 15-20 fps on arma2 with my crappy laptop , seems amazing to me.
Most of his games run 60fps, super smooth ... no stutters, or hiccups.
So when I get big cash , I'll be shopping for one too ...

 ---------------------------

 I'm not sure I really want to run my own server box ... I know I could get a cheaper box, just to run external server ... it wouldn't take that much, not really needing graphic card just to run a server.

 It's a possibility ...
However, sometime this year or early next year my ISP is allegedly installing fiber-optic lines to upgrade from the old two-wire "DSL" they currently have us on.
If they do, that means I could get back online to play ... so I'm kinda waiting to see about that.

 --------------------

 Mission wise , I totally have cracked open and figured out most of what's available for Stalker mods,  I can pretty much do everything, even get the storms, and anomalies to work ...
  But ... lol, the "drawback" to that is ... I place everything, so I'd kinda know where everything was.
 and creating the arrays for shops , and arrays for a random-ish loot spawn system ...

 But if I can figure out a very badly documented ( or lack of documentation) mod that that old/defunct, and unfinished ...
 I SHOULD be able to make a friken DayZ Sp modded mission ... lol.  It's still beyond me though.

Re: Singleplayer Server Dayz Adventures - Epoch / Overpochins / Overpoch

Eric the Viking
If you can find yourself something half decent then you can run both server and client on same machine as I do and retire to the laptop to email and surfing the 'net ;)

My "DayZ" PC is a Q9650 (2008 that was launched! One year before Arma 2 was released!), 8Mb DDR2 and a GTX780. Running both Arma 2 (@everything maxed) + server running + MYSQL server + database, I get 60 FPS everywhere on Chernarus except maybe in the middle of Cherno. The game is installed on a RAID 0 array.

benevolentdevil wrote
However, sometime this year or early next year my ISP is allegedly installing fiber-optic lines to upgrade from the old two-wire "DSL" they currently have us on.
LOL, yes, we managed to ditch our "Twisted Pair" ADSL a short while ago - 600Kb second was the best then.

123