RELEASE: DaiZy v042 SpecOps Edition!

Tommygun9504
This post was updated on .
Hello everyone!

I'm here with an announcement, I am releasing the DaiZy SpecOps edition over a variety of maps!

This release makes use of several scripts and features used by a variety of releases from a variety of people.

All necessary credits are available in the DaiZy loading screen on the mission.

In the initial release...

We make use of Niceonegunit's features as seen in v042eX, including the famous Horror Mode, including the "surprise" which may or may not be fixed.

We make use of the server push to client method as used by DayZ_SP for the loot system, and zombie AI tweaks.

This release is designed for DaiZy 1.7.2.6 (Rz0) so be aware that 1.7.3 functionality may be compromised.

I recommend the following addons for use with DaiZy SpecOps:

Loki's Lost Key

Kronzky's Support Call

SMK Animations

ANZINS

ASC Weapons

AZC GPS

To use some of these cool features, Community Base Addons (CBA) is required.

I plan to develop a SpecOps edition for every stock ArmA 2 map, besides Desert and Proving Grounds, of course, and get working versions of unofficial MP maps that include loot.

Please report bugs as they're found, so I can have a shot at fix them up.

All releases are available via Mediafire at http://www.mediafire.com/?jojq3g9ojbux7

PLANNED FEATURES:

I may add Kronzky's Cheat Menu as a second option, so you can use both Niceonegunit's cheats, as seen in 042eX, and Kronzky's cheats, as seen in most of DayZ_SP's releases, notably his new Namalsk release.

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy v042 SpecOps Edition!

ch0j1n
Thx for this :) I've been playing the Utes map quite abit and having lots of fun :)

I tried it with all the recommended mods but have gone back to normal. SMK was really nice but just to confusing for my small mind, and abit glitchy indoors :) With AZINS and AZC, TBH im just not sure if they done anything, well i didnt notice any changes, AZC GPS was really nice though :)

I havnt encounterd the suprise yet and im not to sure what you ment about the lighthouses in your original post as i've noticed no change with them.

The only downside to this release but that goes to all releases aswell is that downed choppers arnt as tempting as they should be, i just skip them now as ive never seen anything of interest on them, which is a shame.

Major changes i would like to see would be more bandits and nobody joining my team. but neither is a problem as i just restart for more bandits and kill the fools who join my team :) Plus it would also be nice if all the bandits didnt have the best backpack, and if the bandit weapon loadouts were more varied, It would be nice to getting sniped at and not having to kill bandits that are just armed with pistols or the low tier rifles and shotguns :)

Thanks again for this release, its a great for lots of action and ive got a good 12hrs in it so far and will keep on playing, just thought i should quit out for abit and give you some props for the good work :)

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy v042 SpecOps Edition!

Tommygun9504
Thank you, means a lot to me :)

I put a spawn point for fixed vehicles at each lighthouse, so lighthouses are the place to go, if you don't die first, obviously :)

The two weapons mods are just stuff that you have to spawn in, using Lost Key or something like that :P

ASC Weapons provides modifiable weapons when you spawn the weapon and the attachments you want. It's a pretty neat thing I thought I just had to add :)

ANZINS does little more than add secondary sights to a few weapons for Close Quarter Combat. It can be best observed by pressing \ with a CZ 550.

I plan to make a LAN version for each SpecOps map, I hear DayZ_SP was working on a 1.7.3 LAN release, so I'll be waiting for that so I can use it, give him props and everything :)

Also, the "surprise" was one of Niceonegunit's additions to v042eX that I had a shot at fixing, and it seems like I failed. I'll also take a closer look at that soon :)

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy v042 SpecOps Edition!

ch0j1n
I just downloaded the Woodland and Bootcamp mission files but when i go to play them it says im missing downloadable content. Are these two not stock maps? i thought so and i cant find anywhere to download them.

Edit: Neither show up when i load the armory either, do you think there is something wrong with my install?

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy v042 SpecOps Edition!

Tommygun9504
For these two missions, either the LITE or FULL ArmA 2: ACR DLC is required.

The Lite version is available from here: www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=17321

The full version, containing high-res textures and sounds, available for a small price, is available here: https://store.bistudio.com/arma2-army-of-the-czech-republic

Sorry for inconvenience, definitely should've mentioned that earlier.