RELEASE: DaiZy - S.T.A.L.K.E.R Namalsk v1.0 Alpha!

Re: ALPHA BUILD: StalkZ - The real Namalsk!

Niceonegunit
mp5lng wrote
Niceonegunit wrote
A Hobo Panda wrote
mp5lng wrote
same thing here "guessing, copy/past " but not sure if it's because the version is not the 0.60 ! i downloaded that one too but the same glitch was hunting me XD
i really want to play with this mod ! STALKER is a really nice game, and adding it's feature to ARMA will be a massive jump :)

update us if you get it to work normally ;-)
Yeah, same here, the glitch is still happening. Why isn't the OP or Above responding? :c
Because it's hideously outdated and got broken in about a week.

Could try it again, I suppose.
Oh hi ! Finally some reasonable answer ! PLEAAAASE MAN ! give it another try ! I love daizy and Namalsk so much ! And STALKER....ohhhh maaan i'm waiting for Misery 2.0 to comeout in two days :'-) ! So pleaaase be kind and give it another chance ! I need stalker combined with Arma and Namalsk ! And U R Da MAAAAN  !
Alrighty. Already have the groundwork done. I'm glad ARmA 2 has no snorks, I hated those fucking things, they creeped me out.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: ALPHA BUILD: StalkZ - The real Namalsk!

mp5lng
Niceonegunit wrote
Alrighty. Already have the groundwork done. I'm glad ARmA 2 has no snorks, I hated those fucking things, they creeped me out.
 Awesome DUDE ! >feel< you the same >sharing< about snorks ! ! i never managed to skip them gently in stalker  and i can't imagine how i could do it if they were in Arma XD

So we do have another Hope to see Stalker mod raising again !

Peace !

Re: ALPHA BUILD: StalkZ - The real Namalsk!

A Hobo Panda
I'm actually looking forward to this again, if you retry it, that is.
I have no idea what I'm doing. Trust me, I'm a dentist.

Re: ALPHA BUILD: StalkZ - The real Namalsk!

Niceonegunit
A Hobo Panda wrote
I'm actually looking forward to this again, if you retry it, that is.
Already hit some problems. I can't get anything to spawn via triggers. Bandits, Stalkers, whatever. None of them spawn.

Heck, even with Haleks Namalsk Factions mission they still don't spawn.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: ALPHA BUILD: StalkZ - The real Namalsk!

Niceonegunit
Nevermind, just me being stupid and calling a function using 'execVM' rather than 'call'. Turns out it's important for arrays.

The only other problem I'm having is that a.. well, I don't want to spoil it, but it's related to one of Allen Hynek's classifications. Google it if you want an idea.

Onto the problem, the unit in question, which is an air vehicle, spawns and immediately plummets to the ground and explodes. Sometimes it spawns fine, other times it does not. Any ideas?
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: ALPHA BUILD: StalkZ - The real Namalsk!

Haleks
Niceonegunit wrote
Onto the problem, the unit in question, which is an air vehicle, spawns and immediately plummets to the ground and explodes. Sometimes it spawns fine, other times it does not. Any ideas?
Just make sure to create your unit like this :
        _Heli = createVehicle ["UH1H_DZ", _pos, [], 0, "FLY"];
And don't forget to have an AI fly it : I usually create the pilot right after the heli and make him take the driver position with the moveindriver function (no animation, so it doesn't matter if your vehicle is already in the air).

Re: ALPHA BUILD: StalkZ - The real Namalsk!

Niceonegunit
Haleks wrote
Niceonegunit wrote
Onto the problem, the unit in question, which is an air vehicle, spawns and immediately plummets to the ground and explodes. Sometimes it spawns fine, other times it does not. Any ideas?
Just make sure to create your unit like this :
        _Heli = createVehicle ["UH1H_DZ", _pos, [], 0, "FLY"];
And don't forget to have an AI fly it : I usually create the pilot right after the heli and make him take the driver position with the moveindriver function (no animation, so it doesn't matter if your vehicle is already in the air).
Perhaps I should've added some more details.

It is set to fly, I'm not that stupid :P
I have tried that also, and adding a sleep 0.1 to it but it still did not work.

It seems to work after playing around, but partially.

The problem is, the first spawned unit will crash into the ground, all other units spawned after that work fine.

I can't figure out the problem and I can't say that it really matters anyway.

EDIT: Ugh, now the mission has decided to hang at 'Loading'.
According to the ArmA2OA.rpt, it hangs at "PLOGIN: Requesting Authentication... (42)".

God damn annoying, this problem is very hard to diagnose.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: ALPHA BUILD: StalkZ - The real Namalsk!

Haleks
Niceonegunit wrote

Perhaps I should've added some more details.

It is set to fly, I'm not that stupid :P
I have tried that also, and adding a sleep 0.1 to it but it still did not work.

It seems to work after playing around, but partially.

The problem is, the first spawned unit will crash into the ground, all other units spawned after that work fine.

I can't figure out the problem and I can't say that it really matters anyway.

EDIT: Ugh, now the mission has decided to hang at 'Loading'.
According to the ArmA2OA.rpt, it hangs at "PLOGIN: Requesting Authentication... (42)".

God damn annoying, this problem is very hard to diagnose.
I remember having a similar problem with helis - despite what I wrote above : turned out that something in the spawn sequence was preventing the pilot from spawning properly or taking the driver seat in time...
You might try a higher value for your sleep command - eventhough I don't use any in my patrolling helis spawns :/
Are you 100% sure that your pilot spawns every time? (you could use something like
" player moveincargo _Heli;" and see if the pilot is in there with you).

As for the Requesting Authentication... (42) error, in my experience it means that something went wrong in the player monitor sequence : I still have that problem on my Namalsk release - sometimes I have to quit the game and then resume the save... Not ideal, but it works.

[...]

Well, I did as you suggested and I couldn't see the pilot because the interior looks like something out of Star Trek, I couldn't see him behind all the crap in there.

The error seems related to my snow script, which is a shame, it would've help with the ambience. It is just some added decor though, so no problem there.
[...]

Well, the mission is shaping up. Though the bloodsuckers still don't work though, might have to reuse the trigger file from this release.

Of course, now my damn mission is freezing again.

It will freeze on the second 'Loading' screen. The one after gender selection, to be exact.
On occasion, it will load. Other times, it will not.

It has to be related to a file that is called after gender selection. Perhaps the player loadout.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: ALPHA BUILD: StalkZ - The real Namalsk!

Niceonegunit
mp5lng wrote
Niceonegunit wrote
Alrighty. Already have the groundwork done. I'm glad ARmA 2 has no snorks, I hated those fucking things, they creeped me out.
 Awesome DUDE ! >feel< you the same >sharing< about snorks ! ! i never managed to skip them gently in stalker  and i can't imagine how i could do it if they were in Arma XD

So we do have another Hope to see Stalker mod raising again !

Peace !
I think I've finished the basics. We got radiation, various anomalies, artifacts, stalkers, bloodsuckers, Psy shields, all kinds of stalker elements.

I also added the Xenos. I hate how fucking difficult they are because they've killed me so many times while trying to test their airships. I got so pissed off, I grabbed a pen and snapped it in frustration.

It didn't help though, they wouldn't let up. So I just gave up on that and assumed they worked.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: ALPHA BUILD: StalkZ - The real Namalsk!

eran100
After I see the DayZ logo at the start of the mission I am stuck on black screen. Any fix?

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy - S.T.A.L.K.E.R Namalsk v1.0 Alpha!

FrashMeat
Hi! Is this still being worked on? also the link to the DayZ Namalsk 0.60 map is no longer active... :(

Re: RELEASE: DaiZy - S.T.A.L.K.E.R Namalsk v1.0 Alpha!

xxcreepyguyxx
You should be able to download it from DayZ Commander. Make sure its 0.60 and not 0.75, I think it wont work if its 0.75
12