PROJECT: Namalsk 074 1.7.5.1

I'm currently working on Namalsk 0.74. The loot is spawning everywhere and stuff, all I gotta do now is test all clothings, blood suckers and so on.

Found bugs so far:

1. After changing skin you can't use anything in your inventory and you'll get an error message saying "You gotta have that in your main inventory to use it" and "You cannot eat while in a vehicle". And all cheats will stop working.

I will try to fix it, it's the only bug I've found so far.

Re: PROJECT: Namalsk 0.73 (with bloodsuckers and so on)

TheGmanID
Blood suckers? from s.t.a.l.k.e.r? those horrible things with the gas masks? Oh Jesus not again!

Re: PROJECT: Namalsk 0.73 (with bloodsuckers and so on)

TheGmanID
And sorry again for spamming you message box but can you help me with a little problem on DayZ?
On Singleplayer i get a decent fps But on multiplayer my fps is terrible! and i lower graphics still wont help got any advice? im all outta ideas.

Re: PROJECT: Namalsk 0.73 (with bloodsuckers and so on)

TheGmanID wrote
And sorry again for spamming you message box but can you help me with a little problem on DayZ?
On Singleplayer i get a decent fps But on multiplayer my fps is terrible! and i lower graphics still wont help got any advice? im all outta ideas.

Hello, no worries at all!

I have the same "problem" as you, my FPS on singleplayer is superb. But I get rather bad FPS on multiplayer, what's causing this is more zombies, and more players. (I think). In theory, you should lag more on SP because your computer is handling everything the server would handle. More than that, I can't help you. However I use some launch parameters that I reckon helped me, they are:

 -high
 -exThreads=3
 -cpuCount=2  <-- The "2" beeing the amount of cores you wanna run. So for instance, if you have an i7, you'd wanna put a 4 there.

Re: PROJECT: Namalsk 0.73 (with bloodsuckers and so on)

TheGmanID wrote
Blood suckers? from s.t.a.l.k.e.r? those horrible things with the gas masks? Oh Jesus not again!
Hahaha! They do not have gasmasks (AFAIK). But they're sure the ones from S.T.A.L.K.E.R. I haven't seen the Namalsk ones myself, yet.

Re: PROJECT: Namalsk 0.73 (with bloodsuckers and so on)

DayZ_SP
The reason SP performs better than MP even though your computer is having to do all the work is because DayZ and most other ARMA 2 mods are CLIENT SIDE mods.

So, when a Zombie spawns it is ONLY on the client even though the server registers it as well. What slows things down is in fact latency a.k.a. lag, between the server and the client.

Anything that happens on the server also happens on the client and must be relayed back and forth like normal MP games. The big difference and the thing that makes ARMA 2 multiplayer games inefficient is every single thing has to be double checked and confirmed BEFORE it happens on the client side. This is also why the game is so unsecure. Clients (hackers) can interrupt the code being sent BACK to the server and change the whole dymanic of the game e.g. spawn items that have been banned, etc. This is just because ARMA 2 has always been open source to allow modding in the first place (and because most ARMA 2 players used to be chronological adults such as military vets, law enforcement personnel, etc. who wouldn't even think of cheating for obvious reasons).

Another factor is the hardware the server is running on as well. Many are unofficial servers not hosted by professional hosting companies and are underpowered given the amount of players they might be set up for.

By the way, those launch paramters are useless.

ARMA 2 automatically makes the best use of whatever hardware you have. Also, it will never use more than two (2) cores regardless of how many physical, or virtual cores you might have, eitherl. That's another reason the game is inefficent compared to modern game engines as well.

Re: PROJECT: Namalsk 0.73 (with bloodsuckers and so on)

DayZ_SP wrote
[...]

Oh, yeah. I forgot to mention the latency.

I will keep the launch parameters anyways, they makes it feel smoother. x') Placebo <3.
But one question, though. Why are they listed on the ArmA site if they're useless? I'm not saying that you're wrong, don't get me wrong.

Re: PROJECT: Namalsk 0.73 (with bloodsuckers and so on)

DayZ_SP
Like most outdated things, the paramters are from a time when ARMA 2 was first released and the developers were experimenting with different optimizations a.k.a. patches.

That's why they don't work, now. The game's engine has been tailored to use only two cores no matter how many physical, or virtual cores are present.

I see! Thank you. :)

Re: PROJECT: Namalsk 0.73 (with bloodsuckers and so on)

I will see if 0.74 + 1.7.5.1 works better, tomorrow. Hopefully it's easier to fix.

Re: PROJECT: Namalsk 0.73 (with bloodsuckers and so on)

Dr_EVO
no Go look up Namlask Blood Suckers There nothing like stalker