[Near Future Project] DayZ Epoch SP [Update 1.0.5-1]

Hal

Re: [Near Future Project] DayZ Epoch SP [Update 1.0.5-1]

Hal
@Cookie monster

Force feeding nonsense? Sure.
The only thing I would like to see is a SP Epoch in Sauerland or Napf maybe. Period.
The work needed to do that is a lot.
If you feel like I'm force feeding anything here to anyone I really think YOU are the one that is
retarded, and not the zombies.
Who is force feeding here? You or me?
Be glad there's someone here who is doing all the work for you.
And for free.
Be grateful for that and don't start making demands.
And please don't insult me, there's absolutely no need for that.

Hal.

Re: [Near Future Project] DayZ Epoch SP [Update 1.0.5-1]

Wargog
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.
Hal

Re: [Near Future Project] DayZ Epoch SP [Update 1.0.5-1]

Hal
This post was updated on .
I have looked into the subject a little bit, and been checking out the "walking dead mod."
It certainly seems like a good thing to me to implement this.
The problem here is, in my humble opinion, that zombies in DayZ are still glitching through walls.
One of the biggest problems in DayZ in general.
THIS is what is necessary to solve first.
Not if they move fast or slow.(which is easy to change anyway)
On the Epoch server where I am an admin, (very small, unimportant homespun little thing),
I have built this really nice base.
Now I have built a double cinderblock wall.
With 2 layers of wirekits.
With 5 or 6 layers of tank traps.
Double sandbag barrier on the inside of the wall.
And the mofo's still keep coming in......
I really wish there was a solution for this, as this really efs up the gameplay.
And it's driving me, and my friends nuts hahahaha...
But?, who knows?, maybe if they would only walk they don't glitch anymore?
Catch you guys later......

Hal.

Re: [Near Future Project] DayZ Epoch SP [Update 1.0.5-1]

Anonymoose
Hey Communecode, I've really been excited to see an Epoch single player, but just a quick question... Do you plan on implementing custom buildings or camps? I and I'm sure a lot of other people would like to see abandoned camps or even a whole other area with custom buildings. Just wondering. Can't wait for the release, Cheers!

CONTENTS DELETED

Also, I have a question about the plans for ai. For some of Above's releases, bandits would have a huge spawn rate, and Faction's spawn rate were a lot lower. So for this release, what would you aim for the spawnrate? And is it going to only be bandits? Or can there be recruitable friendly ai?
Hal

Re: [Near Future Project] DayZ Epoch SP [Update 1.0.5-1]

Hal
Hi CommuneCode.
I know i'ts out of your control, it's part of the damn Arma engine, and the way AI behaves.
That post might have been a bit off-topic, my bad, and I didn't mean to ask you to solve it.
But the whole slow-zombie thing made me think a bit.
And since we were talking about this the other day........
If only BI would look into it, (update pleeeaase) but I guess that's wishful thinking.
All the best mate, and see you later.

Hal.

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: [Near Future Project] DayZ Epoch SP [Update 1.0.5-1]

Munnster
Sorry to hear about your pc but great to hear that your still working on this, can't wait for the first release.
Hal

Re: [Near Future Project] DayZ Epoch SP [Update 1.0.5-1]

Hal
Allright mate.....
Sorry for your PC trouble.
Can't wait for the release man.
Keep it up!
See you later.....

Re: [Near Future Project] DayZ Epoch SP [Update 1.0.5-1]

Sickend
Created an account for the soul purpose of providing any assistance in this project as possible.
Now ive got very little programming/development background nor any reverse engineering sure ive done some of it but in small doses...
Anyway back on point ive played on a server with this AI system for quite a while it has D.Z.A.I it is a AI that i absolutely love. i could write paragraph
after paragraph of Why i think its the best AI in the universe but instead il provide a snip-it of text from |>This Source<| <--This is to the lite version
to explain a few reasons i like this AI system.

"About the AI:

- The AI are hostile to all player units and work together. They're not meant to be your friend.
- The AI's skill settings is dependent on the weapon they are given. AI with rarer weapons will have higher skill parameters.
- The AI carry a minimal amount of gear to prevent farming. Each AI unit will carry: 1 weapon, 1 magazine, possibility of binoculars, rare possibility of NVGs."
 -Source Linked Above

I've been on the server for about a month and i have not experienced any massively over powered AI or any extremely "Dumb" AI.
In experience id assume safe to say it mimics players in accuracy and cunning. feels very well balanced to me. but as much as i like the AI ive got a feeling
many others will not. so i also assume you'd be planning or wanting to release multiple version. AI version and No AI version?

And speaking of alternate versions, Many may disagree but a version with a "Cheat menu" of some sort for those who just wish to dabble in base building freely. Would be kind of nice but not entirely necessary
just a thought. trying to include everyone...lol.

CONTENTS DELETED

Munnster
Awesome news, can't wait for this.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: [Near Future Project] DayZ Epoch SP [Update 1.0.5-1]

dannywaugh1
Looking forward to it. And thank you again for making this happen
Hal

Re: [Near Future Project] DayZ Epoch SP [Update 1.0.5-1]

Hal
Nice one.....
Thanks in advance for all the work.
Hal

Re: [Near Future Project] DayZ Epoch SP [Update 1.0.5-1]

Hal
Sup? Any news?

Re: [Near Future Project] DayZ Epoch SP [Update 1.0.5-1]

snowwolf1
Very, very nice!

I've made a account just for this! :D

Thank you for doing this.

Re: [Near Future Project] DayZ Epoch SP [Update 1.0.5-1]

cutthrume
So.. Where do i donate and what's happening!? :D
1234