Namalsk 2017 UPDATED fixed links

Re: Namalsk .60 2017

Haleks
Yep, the one for apocalypse weapons - I even tried the fisrt one...
No matter what I do I have this text error when I restart or reload. I think I will keep playing until I find a vehicle and can actually try it.

Re: Namalsk .60 2017

fedus_87
Administrator
one of the errors is 2017 related it comes up everytime you play 2017 anything.

Re: Namalsk .60 2017

Haleks
I guess you're speaking of the error concerning the rusty weapons?
Because I did some further testing about the script compile vehicle thing, and it's not related to 2017 mods : it appears on every namalsk mission - 2017 or not. I don't have anything wrong on Chernareus, DayZ or Dayz 2017 versions.
I spawned a few vehicles in Namalsk (tried it for both 2017 and dayz mods) and I was able to use them; so I guess this error thing doesn't affect the gameplay. Since I was unable to spawn a sigma car, I'm gonna have to find one to confirm this, but I think (hope) there won't be any trouble.

And many thanks for those awesome 2017's releases, you just made my day(Z)!

Re: Namalsk .60 2017

fedus_87
no problem man and no its not either of those errors it a different one cant recall all of it atm something about player_wounds.rvmat or something but its definatly one that doesnt effect the gameplay [for the average player]

Re: Namalsk .60 2017

I just stumbled upon some glitch : I just found a M1014 inside some building; I don't know if I'm supposed to find it in 2017, but when I try to pick it up, it doesn't show up in my inventory and I'm unable to equip another rifle. The ammo are successfuly pickep up though.
I'm using Kron's support call directly in arma 2 addons folder, can it possibly mess up the weapon registry?

Edit : I'd like to use the text-base cheat menu to see if it fixes the problem, but I don't know where to install it?

Re: Namalsk .60 2017

fedus_87
Administrator
yea the namalsk version has regular loot tables for namalsk custom buildings so you will find weapons not meant for the original 2017 but only in custom namalsk buildings.

 as for that bug with weapon not showing in inventory i have no idea why that would happen especially seeing as i have never modified the NS_dayz.pbo which controls loot spawns for custom namalsk buildings which would be the one that spawned the M1014 the rest of the regular arma 2 buildings will spawn 2017 loot though.

kronzky support call should be fine.

try without appocalypse addon it may have some issues because someone else was having that problem aswell with the weapon not showing up. but this is a strange bug i myself have never experienced nor have i seen it reported other than the one other time in which the appocalypse addon was in question so maybe try without the appocalypse addon maybe this was the reason shinkicker didnt include it in the 2017 release
...but i have been running the same mod for about 2 months now and have never experienced it.

Re: Namalsk .60 2017

Well I guess all those error pop ups do come from the ns_dayz; I reinstalled without the apo weapons and with the right dayz_code and I still can't equip some weapons (plus I would have an error message similar to the ones pointing to the apo weapons, so it's definitly not caused by the apo rifles). I tried via the cheat menu : the double barrel shotgun works fine and I can spawn some other rifles but won't be able to use them (obviously items that are not supposed to spawn in 2017)...
Is there any way to modify the ns_dayz so it prevents certain items from spawning?

Re: Namalsk .60 2017

Maybe you already had a look at the latest version of dayz namalsk(0.73), but I found out that if you use its ns_dayz.pbo, only the 2017 weapons will show up in the Spawn Object GUI. All the arma II weapons would appear in that menu until I tried with this file (but of course, no spawns on the map)...

Don't know if this can help..., but I sooo would like to play a 100% working Namalsk 2017 Dayz! ;)

Re: Namalsk .60 2017

fedus_87
Administrator
yea seen that its just that the loot doesnt spawn in custom buildings as you said this is a project that i myself have kind of lost hope in(namalsk 0.73).

it was kind of by acident in the first place of getting namalsk .60 to work. the thing is namalsk is it own kind of monster lol it was made a little differently than your normal dayz conversions. which is why you have to run your normal dayz code alongside the NS_DAYZ.PBO which controls loot for namalsk buildings.

 i happen to download a NS_DAYZ.PBO file at namalsk's initilal .60 release that happened to let loot spawn in SP which they have blocked somehow in later releases.(probably not intentionally but who knows)

Re: Namalsk .60 2017

CalUKGR
Can't tell you how difficult it has been to get Namalsk installed - and still not working in SP.

I have followed the instructions from the OP to the very letter. I'm fairly sure everything is installed where it should be installed and the game's shortcut has been amended accordingly. When I fire up Arma 2 the SP option is greyed out.

I attach various screens of file locations, etc. If anyone knows why this is happening I'd be grateful for some help. Somehow installing DaiZy Lingor was a doddle next to trying to get Namalsk to work in SP!

Screens, if they help:

Re: Namalsk .60 2017

fedus_87
Administrator
remove the lingor island launch parameter from your shortcut.

if thats not it then you need to replace the dayz code.pbo from my link's

if you are NOT using appocalypse weapons addon. then use this code just drag it in the namalsk 2017 SP folder you made
 http://www.mediafire.com/?x8ht80031e115

if you ARE using the appocalypse weapon addon use this code
http://205.196.123.200/a6ynxx8xlcwg/owdxlv7bv8cfwcc/dayz_code.pbo

Re: Namalsk .60 2017

CalUKGR
Thanks, Fedus - the first code sorted things. Namalsk SP now up and running - appears to be fine. Like the new player model outfit!

Re: Namalsk .60 2017

Dude I found a solution! Sort of...
I tried to replace the anim_dayz.pbo with the one from DayZ+SP (I was installing it when the idea poped up), and now, I can use every weapon spawned via the cheat GUI : they now appear with some ammo around them (wich wasn't the case before), are usable and properly replace your previous gun in the inventory (the glitchy weapons made them disappear). Gonna keep playing to check if it doesn't affect the regular  spawns.
I guess replacing the anim_dayz "re-enable" all the animations, including for objects that are not supposed to spawn/load.

Now, I'm aware that it means I could eventually loot some "non-2017" items, since this doesn't fix the spawn problem, but I'd rather have a larger choice of guns than being lore-friendly and loose a rifle by accidently picking up a glitchy one. At least I hope I'll be able to get a 100% bug-free Namalsk 2017...

Edit : Geez I even spawned with a rusty M16 for the first time - and no error message! It's working fine ;)
Now I just have to find some buildings and check the loot. If everything works properly, including the sigma cars I have yet to find... God it's gonna be the ultimate DaiZy mod!!!
I will try the same on DayZ 2017 for Chernareus.
(Ever thought about a Panthera 2017? ;)

Re: Namalsk .60 2017

I did some further testing and I do confirm that there's something wrong with the anim_dayz.pbo from the @DayZ_2017 folder : I tried to reload with it, and my apo M16 immediatly disappeared. Also, I tried several anim_dayz from several versions, everything worked fine. I'm currently using the DaiZy ULTIMATE one, will test it on DayZ 2017.

But I stumbled upon some major issue :/
I have 2 IA's with me, one with a crossbow. As soon as we discover some zombi, I try to select him and have him shooting the Z with his crossbow while his mate holds his fire. And then CTD...
I found out that it happens when you select one unit, either with the key shortcut or the mouse wheel menu; you can select them altogether though, it doesn't crash. Any idea wich file may be causing this? I'm this close to have a 100% functionnal Namalsk 2017 :(

Edit : I replaced the anim_dayz.pbo in DaiyZ 2017 by the original one from DaiyZ ULTIMATE, and every runs smoothly, no bug to report. Even with the command system : I'm able to select a single unit without having the game crash to desktop.
Really really hope you can fix this for Namalsk!

Another edit : Just forget what I said about CTD's relative to the command system. I started a new game, met some IA's, and was able to select them one by one. Super weird.

Re: Namalsk .60 2017

fedus_87
Administrator
added the new bandit skins you had asked for in the other 2017 topic they are in the OP.

Re: Namalsk .60 2017

Haleks
Thanks! Gonna try tomorrow. Just one detail though : is the mission file compatible with the sigma cars mod? ;)

Re: Namalsk .60 2017

fedus_87
Administrator
no but i will add the them

Re: Namalsk .60 2017

Haleks
Nice dude, thanks!
...If the same is possible for Dayz 2017 on Chernareus (custom bandits + the sigma cars), You'd be the n°1 modder of the month!!!

Re: Namalsk .60 2017

fedus_87
Administrator
just updated the OP with a whole new set of missions and addons.

there is a mission for everyone except no AI. i will do NO AI for any of the missions upon request because i have to many missions to make a NO AI version for every one of them.

Re: Namalsk .60 2017

Haleks
Oh my god, you rock dude - I'm so excited - like a kiddo in front of a christmas tree ;)
This is gonna so great!
123