NEAR RELEASE: DaiZy v050 Overhaul!

Niceonegunit
This post was updated on .

Gasp! What's this?
A mediocre looking banner? This must be an official release!

Nope. Seeing as Unknown and zedhunter have supposedly dropped off the face of the earth, I can't really say if it's official or unofficial. So we'll just leave it as unofficialofficial.

Anyway, I'm back after a really long time. Lost interest in this due to the fact we'd really done everything we can really do.

This release will focus more or less on bugfixes and polish. Some new features have been added, but I don't really want to add anymore. Features can be suggested if you want, but it is extremely unlikely they'll make any appearance. Let's get down to business.

- Features!
- Respawn! Yup, you heard it right. Respawn.
If you die, you'll get this sad cinematic death coupled with KIA music from Ghost Recon 1(Oh the memories). Yes, you actually die, no tricks or anything. No hidden AI dieing. Your character is dead forever. You got him/her killed and now he/she is no longer among us, good job.

You get spawned at random locations on the coast, , and start again. You are a completely new character, like I said, your old character is dead forever. You are a new person, have a new face, new voice, new everything(Minus the clone female). You can run back to your corpse and retrieve the loot from the body. All your old campsites are still there, bandits will properly shoot you, zombies still attack you, etc.

- AI bandit and survivors more aware!(I hope)
Not really aware, but they move around a lot like players now, and land their shots. On your face.

- AI bandits and survivors target each other properly!
Finally the dumb assholes shoot each other...

- Better AI dispersion!
No longer do bandits spawn in groups for 8-10 and hunt your ass down. They spawn in somewhat smaller numbers but appear in MUCH MUCH more places. Woods, towns, everywhere.

- Random Survivors!
These guys act like bandits, they roam around, and kill things. They are friendly and if approached, they will join your squad.

- Day/Night cycle repaired!

No longer is the game synced to real time.
Daytime lasts for 24 minutes rather than 24 hours!
Night and day at last!

- Bugfixes!

- Ghillie suits and camo gear works now!
Hooray! Zombies, bandits, loot, everything finally works!

- Stupid AI pathfinding somewhat patched up!
The AI likes to ignore you completely, and they still tend to do so. They seem to shoot at you a lot more now though.

ALL features and fixes are completed and implemented UNLESS it is specifically marked as UNFINISHED!

I'll continue updating this with all the new stuff I add/fix.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: NEAR RELEASE: DaiZy v050 Overhaul!

Niceonegunit wrote
- Bugfixes!

- Ghillie suits and camo gear works now!
Hooray! Zombies, bandits, loot, everything finally works!
What was wrong with the clothing? :O

Re: NEAR RELEASE: DaiZy v050 Overhaul!

fedus_87
Administrator
cant wait man glad your back btw was missing your talent around here.

Re: NEAR RELEASE: DaiZy v050 Overhaul!

fedus_87 wrote
cant wait man glad your back btw was missing your talent around here.
Oh yeah, same. Alot of new cool features as usual. ^^

You'd wear the clothing and boom, the bandits seem to forget who you are. I think zombies begin ignoring you and loot stops spawning correctly too.

D'awww.

Oh you.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: NEAR RELEASE: DaiZy v050 Overhaul!

Niceonegunit wrote
AboveDayZ wrote
Niceonegunit wrote
- Bugfixes!

- Ghillie suits and camo gear works now!
Hooray! Zombies, bandits, loot, everything finally works!
What was wrong with the clothing? :O
You'd wear the clothing and boom, the bandits seem to forget who you are. I think zombies begin ignoring you and loot stops spawning correctly too.

This never happened to me, humanity saves properly upon switching skin. And everything would stay the same. Apart from new bandits spawning in sometimes. The last haven't happened in a long while, though. So I don't know what that was about.

But if people had this problem, awesome that you had it fixed. :D

Re: NEAR RELEASE: DaiZy v050 Overhaul!

Niceonegunit
Hmph. Odd.

Well, if it was a problem or not, it's fixed for sure.
Gonna release real soon.

Dude, I can't wait to try this out. :D

Just 'bout to release. Gotta fix the survivor's JoinIfNear function and then It'll be released.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: NEAR RELEASE: DaiZy v050 Overhaul!

Dope! I was going to bed, haven't crashed in 30 ish hours. But I just gotta test this out! :D

I'll make sure to test it and post a comment about my thoughts. :)

Re: NEAR RELEASE: DaiZy v050 Overhaul!

Niceonegunit
Shit, almost forgot to add.

Time is accelerated.
24 hours are now 24 minutes.

Now you'll be able to play during night and day without cheats!

Only problem is that the clouds visibly skip. Nothing I can fix, really.

Oh yah, that's amazing. As I said before, this has been something I've wanted to do, but never got around to it. And the clouds is a more than ideal price to pay for this. Especially when you wont really notice it.

Re: NEAR RELEASE: DaiZy v050 Overhaul!

Niceonegunit
Again, forgot to mention.

AEG is obviously here, couldn't leave that out.

Building interiors are lit during nights.

Buildings also puff out chimney smoke, if that building has a chimney.

One final test to ensure it runs smoothly...

Wow, that's awesome man! It will add an awesome feel. I can't wait to play this, and actually have it automatically go nighttime for me. And the lid up houses and the smoke will add an awesome feel to it, I reckon. It also allow some pretty boss screenshots.

Re: NEAR RELEASE: DaiZy v050 Overhaul!

Niceonegunit
Will release this a bit later actually.

A man has gotta sleep, you know?
And the lights in buildings are far too weak. They can be seen easily, yes, but are not bright enough to be of any use.

Most buildings don't get lights, not sure why this is, but I've seen some in Supermarkets and industrial sheds/hangars.

Big smokestacks belch smoke everywhere though, this is most noticeable in Chernogorsk.

And I can't get AEG to work at all. Curses.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: NEAR RELEASE: DaiZy v050 Overhaul!

Of course. D: I passed out too. xD

Shame the light mod didn't work properly. :<

AEG not working thats strange DAYZ_SP has it working in the ultimate release may look into that or ask him for help maybe

Re: NEAR RELEASE: DaiZy v050 Overhaul!

Niceonegunit
He's got it configured the same way as me though.

I've got it hooked up to a game logic.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)
12