Map Release - Chernarus 42c - SP

DayZ_SP
This post was updated on .
A double T.G.I.F. release (triple if you count Niceonegunit's awesome 42eX release, too!).

Cheranus 42c with Kronzky's Original Cheat Menu GUI - UPDATED

http://www.mediafire.com/?x6h6feb7yevy8

I released the SP version a few days ago, but I adjusted it since the game was updated to 1.7.3.

NOTE: YOU MUST PLAY THESE MAPS WITH THE OFFICIAL Operation Arrowhead 1.62 PATCH AND NOT ANY OF THE BETA PATCHES.

If you use beta patches, the Sight and Sound indicators may, or may not work on the HUD due to differences in beta patches and the game updates in 1.7.3.

These main features apply to this latest version of the map:

-In-Game cheat GUI restored & fully functional
-Removed skin selection cheat <-- Doesn't work properly with 1.7.3.
-Increased AI Bandit & AI Survivor awareness and combat skills to Veteran human player levels
-Zombies will now attack players inside vehicles
-Adjusted Zombie & Loot spawning to accommodate driving vehicles in / out of towns, cities

Let me know of any game breaking bugs and I will see what I can do. If I can't fix something, I will be up front and chalk it up to the changes made in 1.7.3 (seriously).

Development Notes:

These might seem like small updates, but they have big impacts on the game play.

More Realistic DayZ Game Play

For example, the Zombie & Loot spawn rate had to be adjusted for vehicles since the default spawn rate is for survivors on foot who are much slower, obviously. The bi-product of this is if you are on foot, you can now use things like binoculars, rifle scopes and range finders to scout the Zeds positions before you enter a town, or settlement because they will have spawned already. This sort of realism was sorely missing from the game, IMO.

Zombies attacking players in cars is something Rocket apparently wanted in the game from the start, but he just had the code for it commented out so-to-speak. So, I activated it and it is a hoot being trapped in a car as the Zeds rock it back and forth, tearing it to pieces (they damage the wheels, chassis, fuel tank, engine; all the parts survivors need to collect to make any vehicle in DayZ run).

Improved Content Delivery

Also, this is the first kind of map that tires a new method of overriding the core game files WITHOUT players having to download additional (edited) content. It's the method dedicated MP servers use to push out game updates and fixes to individual maps & missions, so players don't have to download and install anything on their end.

This is how I will be updating various maps from now on since it seems to work. The proof was getting the Zombie's to attack a car because that is something IN the dayz_code.pbo that needed to be changed, but I did it using the server push-to-client method, so players would not have to download edited game files like  before.

T.G.I.F and Happy Zed hunting!

Re: Double Map Release - Chernarus 42c - SP + LAN (Experimental)

luke
Any chance you could add the zombie updates to your original mod then?

I do not really want to keep uninstalling patches all the time? With all the releases coming out, such as yours, the Kronzky one, Niceonegunits, support addon etc, its starting to get a bit much to juggle it all.

Or will you fix this eventually so that the sight/sound hud will work? Or is this a bug with the current 1.7.2.3 release from rocket?

I really like your standard release, some of the bandit fights are nuts, certainly keep me on my toes! I even found a helicopter the other day, although it was stuck between two buildings (just my luck!)

Re: Double Map Release - Chernarus 42c - SP + LAN (Experimental)

DayZ_SP
This post was updated on .
luke wrote
Any chance you could add the zombie updates to your original mod then?

I do not really want to keep uninstalling patches all the time? With all the releases coming out, such as yours, the Kronzky one, Niceonegunits, support addon etc, its starting to get a bit much to juggle it all.
You can play this new release with 1.7.2.6., or 1.7.3.

The catch is don't use the beta A2OA beta patches that are required for the official DayZ mod, or other mods.

This is why you should have separate shortcuts for normal DayZ and DaiyZ:

X:\whatever root folder\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe -mod=@DayZ -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion

X:\whatever root folder\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\arma2oa.exe -mod=@DaiyZ

So, once again, you aren't restricted if you choose to stick with DaiyZ 1.7.2.6, or below.

In fact, everything worked 100% on 1.7.2.6. e.g. the Skin Change Cheat (SP & MP).

Or will you fix this eventually so that the sight/sound hud will work? Or is this a bug with the current 1.7.2.3 release from rocket?
This is not a 1.7.3 bug. This is a BETA PATCH bug. So, if you use the standard (non-beta) A2AO 1.62 patch + DaiyZ 1.7.3. everything works fine. The only things that don't work (now) are a few cheats that have been included in most DaiyZ releases because Rocket and Co. are trying to crack down on real hackers/cheaters in Dayz, and they use a lot of the same scripts used to enhance the SP experience, ironically.

I really like your standard release, some of the bandit fights are nuts, certainly keep me on my toes! I even found a helicopter the other day, although it was stuck between two buildings (just my luck!)
Thanks

Here is my philosophy moving forward:

1) I am going to stick with 1.7.3 from here on out.

2) I am going to focus on core DayZ game play. This means replicating and enhancing the SP, so it mimics MP as much as any offline experience can... With the added option of cheats if you get bored.

3) As I told Kodabar, I don't have much time to devote to DaiyZ, but I can do small releases like I did this week because they don't take that much work. I mean that in a non-derogatory way. My small fixes and features pale in comparison to Zed Hunter, and Unknown's work and don't take a tenth of the time they require.

However, whenever possible, I am going to encourage others who also put out releases to start using the server-client-hook method where they include the edits to core DayZ / DaiyZ files (dayz_code; dayz_anim, etc.) IN the mission file .pbo whenever possible.

This should help reduce the number of modified game files you and others might have to install whenever there is a new release. This method can't always be used 100% of the time, but for a lot of the smaller functions and bug fixes this method works a majority of the time and is exactly how it is intended to work even in a SP environment.

Re: Double Map Release - Chernarus 42c - SP + LAN (Experimental)

ch0j1n
Hi thx for this, ive benn playing for a good 6hrs straight :)

a couple of things ive noticed:

I cant use blood bags anymore, there is no right click option.

When i change into a Ghillie, the broken bone icon appears but my leg isnt broke, i cannot consume anything from my inv, for some things it says i can not be in a vehicle and others it says it must be in my main inv, which obviously it already is, and the suspend option on the esc menu is grayed out.

Il keep playing and keep my eyes out for anything else, thx again ive had some epic bandit battles :)

Re: Double Map Release - Chernarus 42c - SP + LAN (Experimental)

DayZ_SP
ch0j1n wrote
I cant use blood bags anymore, there is no right click option.
Self-healing with blood bags hasn't been in DaiyZ since 38b.

When i change into a Ghillie, the broken bone icon appears but my leg isnt broke, i cannot consume anything from my inv, for some things it says i can not be in a vehicle and others it says it must be in my main inv, which obviously it already is, and the suspend option on the esc menu is grayed out.
Some of these are bugs within DayZ itself and have been fixed in the MP (like the skin change and broken leg icon) while others have not. I will see if I can include these fixes at a later date.

Il keep playing and keep my eyes out for anything else, thx again ive had some epic bandit battles :)
Thank you, for taking the time to download and play test this release

Re: Double Map Release - Chernarus 42c - SP + LAN (Experimental)

DayZ_SP
UPDATE:

I uploaded a new version of the SP map with the supported fixes for things like changing into the Ghillie suit, consuming items, etc.

I have pulled the LAN version because it had too many problems and needs major reworking, IMO.

If you are playing the LAN version, there will be no more support, unfortunately.

From this point on, I am going to be concentrating on MP... Real MP... But will still develop DaiyZ / SP features and will gladly help out others on the forum whenever I can

Thank you, for your continued patience & support and May the Spawns Forever Be In Your Favor!

Re: Map Release - Chernarus 42c - SP

Anti

This mod sounds great, so thank you for your work. It's very much appreciated.
I've tried the mod for an hour, and have some questions that I can't get my head around, with regard to how spawning in done in the single player as opposed to what happens in the online version. Eg.

1a) How many survivor AI spawn?
1b) Do they all spawn at the initial game start or do they continually spawn at random intervals?
1c) Do they just run around the map, or do they interact with the loot?
1d) Do they move randomly, or is there more likelihood of meeting them in hotspots like Chreno or NWAF?

2a) Do all heli crash-sites spawn at the game start and then stop, or do they continually spawn at random intervals? Do they despawn after a while?
2b) How many crash-sites will there be in a game at one moment in time?
2b) Do they have smoke/fire?
2c) Do they follow the same spawn locations as when an online server creates them?

3a) Do vehicle spawns follow the same pattern of locations as the online version?
3b) Is the number of vehicles the same as the online version?
3c) If you crash and destroy a vehicle, does it respawn somewhere?

etc.

Thanks for clarifying any differences between the online version and single player.

Re: Map Release - Chernarus 42c - SP

DayZ_SP
Hi, Anti. Welcome to the forum

Anti wrote
1a) How many survivor AI spawn?
1b) Do they all spawn at the initial game start or do they continually spawn at random intervals?
1c) Do they just run around the map, or do they interact with the loot?
1d) Do they move randomly, or is there more likelihood of meeting them in hotspots like Chreno or NWAF?
AI Survivors are placed randomly around the map. This includes towns, farms, one-off settlements, military bases and major cities. The same is true for Bandits, although they are going to spawn more frequently in the larger cities and airfields to mimic real life MP.

They will join you as traveling companions, and you can give them orders using the ArmA 2 squad interface. "Unknown" did not program them to scavenge like humans do, so this means they won't be going after anything in particular, nor will they swap out a better weapon for their current one if they come across it. The don't eat, drink, get tired, etc. They can be injured & killed, so they are more or less robotic bodyguards / walking supply & armory at this stage.

There are different versions of this mod and Niceonegunit has also just released a pretty cool version that also tweaks the AI in different ways than my release does.

2a) Do all heli crash-sites spawn at the game start and then stop, or do they continually spawn at random intervals? Do they despawn after a while?
2b) How many crash-sites will there be in a game at one moment in time?
2b) Do they have smoke/fire?
2c) Do they follow the same spawn locations as when an online server creates them?

3a) Do vehicle spawns follow the same pattern of locations as the online version?
3b) Is the number of vehicles the same as the online version?
3c) If you crash and destroy a vehicle, does it respawn somewhere.
Most things should be identical to the online version because it's been added by Unknown to mimic MP, and/or enhance the SP e.g. he placed a few more vehicle spawns in areas where they don't normally spawn just to make things slightly different.

Remember, DaiyZ is one big experiment. It should be used as a supplement to DayZ, and not a substitute.

It's biggest asset is it can be used as a training tool for anybody new to the game (and ArmA 2) who wants to try it out without the pressure of being online. It helps with the steep learning curve most players have when they first get into the game (mod) and it is a fun way for veterans to hone their skills offline, too.

The beauty of DayZ is that as a mod it can inspire other mods, tweaks and additions like DaiyZ has proved.

Re: Map Release - Chernarus 42c - SP

Anti
Thanks for the reply.

I've flown around in a chopper for an hour, and haven't seen any AI except for zombies, nor heli-crashes.
Are there five AI survior/bandits or thirty, or sixty? Is it normal that they are so elusive?
Would the bandits fire upon the chopper?

> Most things should be identical to the online version because it's been added by Unknown to mimic MP

But this is what I can't get my head around. The server I play on restarts every six hours, so all the heli crash sites change, and the vehicle spawns change if no-one has moved them. But there are no restarts with the single player version, so what triggers new heli-crashes and vehicles to spawn in (if they respawn at all after the initial game start)?

Thanks.

Re: Map Release - Chernarus 42c - SP

DayZ_SP
Most of the AI Survivor and Bandit triggers are set for ground contact a.k.a. walking, running, cautious exploring... So, this is probably why you aren't seeing any AI Survivors, or Bandits. You're going too fast and too high, perhaps? This was the main problem when getting Zombies and Loot to spawn now that players can be attacked while riding in cars, boats, buses, etc. However, air travel is still probably too fast to allow AI Survivor and Bandits as well. In my personal opinion, I think helicopters are not needed on Chernarus because while it is big on foot, it's fairly small from the air, but I digress.

The number of AI should differ from town to town, but you should at least encounter one, or two when on foot and a lot more in the cities (four, five, six). It's not meant to mimic a 100 player server because the resources of all the AI running around would bring the game to a crawl since all of the normal server-side calculations and functions are now being done on your own machine. This is one of the big flaws in ArmA 2 itself, let alone a mod of the game.

As far as resetting random vehicle spawns, that might be a custom function on the server you play on?

Like I said, there are still things that cannot be done to make SP exactly like MP... And this goes for the infinite number of custom servers running umpteen-thousand versions of DayZ... And while I cannot speak for Zed Hunter, or Unknown, I feel the overall goal of this project is to try and give players who don't want to, or have the ability to go online a taste of what the mod can offer in its most basic form: Survival in a brutal Zombie Apocalypse against more than just Zombies.

The basic game play difference between MP and SP is SP is finite. You are either just going to quit after you get bored (and save, or restart later), or just start another run through with a different character and no gear like if you were to reset the server in MP.

Sorry if I can't answer more of your questions. I am not an official member of the development team, nor do I ever intend to speak for them... But I do "dabble" in this mod and most of the things I try and do with it are things *I* feel add to the overall spirit of what Unknown and Zed Hunter are trying to accomplish with DaiyZ from an overall game play perspective.

Re: Map Release - Chernarus 42c - SP

Anti
OK. Thanks for your help!

Re: Map Release - Chernarus 42c - SP

DJRedeye
Hi, love the map and being able to play it offline.. only problem is i cant find any vehicles.. i read that extra spawn locations have been added, and to be fair i havent explored more than 4 or 5 small towns yet, but i was wondering if this was a known issue when running DaiZy with v1.7.4?

Re: Map Release - Chernarus 42c - SP

Forgemaster
@DJRedeye I recommend using the newest DaiyZ realease (DaiyZ Ultimate) with 1.7.4. It has spawning vehicles and helicopter crash sites + a city lighting mod integrated and other nifty scripts.
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 960T/1600T @ 3.8GHz
Motherboard: ASUSTek M5A99X EVO
Memory: Corsair XMS3 CM3X1G1333C9 4x1GB
GPU: nVidia GeForce 460 GTX
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Green 500GB

Re: Map Release - Chernarus 42c - SP

randr28
can u add the respawn and time script to this version

EDIT: in the normal sp one not the vanilla one there are no ai bandits can u fix this in an update to it plz i think this was the best one even though it is older so can u add the new stuff to the old stuff
my real names Zero my online name is Zero and but some how in hell my account name ended up as randr28 hmmm

Re: Map Release - Chernarus 42c - SP

adolfainsley8
I do not really want to keep uninstalling patches all the time? With all the releases coming out, such as yours, the Kronzky one, Niceonegunits, support addon etc, its starting to get a bit much to juggle it all.
waleeed

Re: Map Release - Chernarus 42c - SP

Ruddy

Re: Map Release - Chernarus 42c - SP

Eric the Viking
Here's a fresh download of this mission plus a number of updated missions.

https://www66.zippyshare.com/v/3fP6qTSO/file.html

Don't forget to follow the OP's instructions concerning Arma versions.