Map Making / AI Spawn Scripts

Skullmaster20
Hello,
I was just wondering if anybody could teach me the ropes of making/converting a map and making it playable with DaiZy (or at least to make zombies and bandits spawn, i'm quite fascinated by the scripting which allows zombies and bandits to spawn in a radius from the player). I just think it would be cool to be able to make something decent in ArmA 2 instead of spamming soldiers and watching conflict play out. If there's some exclusivity on who is allowed to make maps then that's okay, I am quite content with all the content you guys have made so far :P

however if there is a chance I could give DaiZy content making a go, it'd be damn awesome!

Thanks for the great content and the amazing community :)
Skullmaster20

Re: Map Making / AI Spawn Scripts

kodabar
Administrator
I can't talk you through it, because I've never done it, but I can tell you that it can be quite a lot of work. The zombie and loot spawns aren't random and they need to be added to the map manually which is a bit of a slog.

We don't have any rules about who can work on what, so feel free to have a try at anything you like. The chaps on here can be pretty helpful, but they might take some time to respond to a question, especially if it requires a huge answer.

Re: Map Making / AI Spawn Scripts

Skullmaster20 wrote
Hello,
I was just wondering if anybody could teach me the ropes of making/converting a map and making it playable with DaiZy (or at least to make zombies and bandits spawn, i'm quite fascinated by the scripting which allows zombies and bandits to spawn in a radius from the player). I just think it would be cool to be able to make something decent in ArmA 2 instead of spamming soldiers and watching conflict play out. If there's some exclusivity on who is allowed to make maps then that's okay, I am quite content with all the content you guys have made so far :P

however if there is a chance I could give DaiZy content making a go, it'd be damn awesome!

Thanks for the great content and the amazing community :)
Skullmaster20

Well, I'd recommend for a starter to de-compile an exsisting mission. Then have a look at the bandit AI triggers and the scripts they're using. Which is the easy part in your request.

And creating loot spawns and understanding the whole 'system' might take a while.
I'd recommend checking this link:
http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/86751-demystification-of-the-dayz-loot-spawn-system-spoiler/
_
That guy explains the whole thing quite well, so be sure to check that out. If you have any more questions then ask.

EDIT: Also, if the map has exactly the same buildings as Chernarus or any other map has, then just move the loot config's into the new mission you're creating. Beacause if the houses are the same as in Chernarus/any other map, then you do not have the need to add them all yourself. They spawn with the house type, not with the map.