Jason Voorhees in .38b?!?

Niceonegunit
Hey guys, just thought I'd share something.

I DePBO'd the mission file and started poking around. When I noticed something.
Inside the AI folder, I saw an AI file for a 'Jason'. It was named "!jason_ai"

It seems to be set to spawn at some marker, perhaps the green ones or maybe invisible ones.

Has anyone encountered him or see anything suspicious?
This is in 0.38b Chernarus.

I personally haven't encountered him anywhere, though some weird shit did happen at Green Mountain.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: Jason Voorhees in .38b?!?

Mr. 'funny'
What happened at Green Mountain?

Re: Jason Voorhees in .38b?!?

Niceonegunit
I also stumbled across a !jasonvoorhees_loadout.sqf file.

I opened it and saw that he was given a Hatchet on spawn.
For you technical wizards like me, here is the code:

player addMagazine "Hatchet_swing";
player addWeapon "MeleeHatchet";
"MeleeHatchet" call dayz_meleeMagazineCheck;

Don't know about you, but I'm freaked out. Is Jason Voorhees actually in .38b?!?!

I don't really think it was anything, I went up there and it got pretty dark suddenly. Probably just a bug as I haven't been able to repeat it.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: Jason Voorhees in .38b?!?

Niceonegunit
Yay, another update!

I poked around and found that he IS set to spawn but currently uses a bandit skin.

I'm gonna change it to something distinct and try to find him.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: Jason Voorhees in .38b?!?

Telesterion
I noticed Jason too. A few unique NPCs like that in the game would be awesome IMO. I'd love to go on a horror night mission to Green Mountain knowing that he's there somewhere...

Re: Jason Voorhees in .38b?!?

Niceonegunit
Ha ha, yeah.

I'm not sure if it's random or not. The bandit groups for example are set to spawn in towns using parameters.

Such as,
["AI_spawn", "TOWNNAMEHERE", more code, etc.]

But he uses a different one, just like the snipers.
Maybe he spawns near a certain town? or all towns?
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: Jason Voorhees in .38b?!?

Mr. 'funny'
Anyone find him yet? I'm going to green mountain and camping their. Still trying to unravel this radio mystery.

Re: Jason Voorhees in .38b?!?

JerrAtricks

Re: Jason Voorhees in .38b?!?

steve silent
holy crap... he's in game.. where is he.