How to team-up with AI survivors?

Anti
I'm using "Cheranus 42c with Kronzky's Original Cheat Menu GUI" from here:
http://kodabar-dayz-single-player-forum.1084782.n5.nabble.com/Map-Release-Chernarus-42c-SP-td817.html
... with DayZ 1.7.3 and Arma2 beta 98220 (I know the info says not to use beta, but it seems to work fine).

I've seen it mentioned on the forum that you can get the AI survivors to join you, and then command them, but I don't see how to do it. I've done that sort of stuff in the Arma campaigns, but the AI are always automatically part of your unit - you don't need to manually get them to join. Can anyone explain how to do it? At the moment the AI survivors just shoot as me if I get too close.

Also, what are the AI shooting at? They ignore zombies right? So are the shots actually aimed at anything?
If so, is the shooting just general AI versus AI, or is it specifically survivor versus bandit?

Lastly, does the game difficulty setting affect the AI difficulty?

Re: How to team-up with AI survivors?

Larry
Banned User
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: How to team-up with AI survivors?

FoxDIE
wrong!  with the latest updates from Dayz_SP survivors and bandits engage infecteds just like they suppose to do ,its the infected counter-attack which still need work on....so yes you actyally are watching survivors shoting infecteds, they do not have very good aim doe... its the infecteds who ignore them even when they kill one near another...but you can still spot bandits from far because of their shootings =D
 And i have the idea htat survivors who spawn other than church will join you automatically if you get close to them.... hope its help and enjoy the new descovered features xD

Re: How to team-up with AI survivors?

Anti
> And i have the idea htat survivors who spawn other
> than church will join you automatically if you get close to them

Nope. They just shoot me!

Re: How to team-up with AI survivors?

Gendwer
I'm not sure if I get it right.

As far as I know, some of the survivors you may discover are not friendly and will not join your group.I get near one at a hill, tried to talk, but she said "Fuck off" and shoot at me. So I had to kill her. This was quiet confusing first, because there are survivors (friendly and hostile), bandits (hostile), rifleman (always hostile?) and snipers (always hostile?). I don't know if it is a bug, but I like it, because you not know if they are friendly or hostile, like in multiplayer. It cost me about 2 hours playing until I met the first friendly survivors. So: There are Survivors that join your group when you nearby. If not, it's maybe a good idea to shoot at them.

CONTENTS DELETED

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: How to team-up with AI survivors?

Gendwer
Hello Larry,

you sound a bit annoyed, wasn't my intention.

  I play not the newest version, downloaded on tuesday and don't wanted to update, because it works fine.

  I definitly met friendly survivors once near a farmhouse and once near a gas station. In both cases a church wasn't nearby. But I also met 2 at the church in Chernosk.

  In my version the rifleman are also shown as blue dots on map, as bandits and snipers do. If my information ist outdated, sorry. I don't have a problem with this situation, like i explained befor.

You wrote: "rifleman (red dots) are actually ZOMBIES. and also this with yellow dots." Thats maybe because the versions we play are diffrent. I don't know for sure.

Hope not to annoy you again. I only want to clear how it is for me, with my version. Maybe my english is not good enough to do it with less words or better.

Me

Re: How to team-up with AI survivors?

Me
I found 2 in DayZ SP 2017  on a hill near a light house that joined me. They, however, will not shoot zombies...