Does anybody know how to get this to work??

Does anybody know how to get this to work??

FoxDIE
I found a video a few weeks ago which shows some guy  who says that is posible to combine the thomsom flashpoint missions with DayZ but i can not find any further information about how to do this..... i get the tomsom's files and are cool but it doesn´t work just automatically, how can be combined with dayz so? That menu before start looks very interesting, for me because  seems like i can set a "realistic" game, and also actions players can set mad things like armed zombies....

check the video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdgf77d1sv0

see you around folks!

Re: Does anybody know how to get this to work??

kodabar
Administrator
You don't make it easy to help you.

What ArmA 2 games do you have installed?
From where did you get them?
Which version of DayZ are you using?
Which beta patch do you have installed?
Which of the many Thomsonb maps are you trying to use?
Where are you putting the files?
What kind of error messages do you get?
What are you using to launch the game?
Are you using a shortcut and of what does it consist?
Did you buy the Army of the Czech Republic DLC or download the ACR lite patch?

I installed this one Flashpoint: Chernarus + Utes (ArmA2) v1.23.zip
Using ArmA 2 Free (from Steam) without the ACR patch
I placed the files in the Missions folder inside my ArmA 2 program folder.
It worked first time.

Re: Does anybody know how to get this to work??

FoxDIE
Well thanks for reply kodabar i know this isnt your file so thanks!

Look i will answer just the question i believe it may be causing the problem.

Its about the ACR lite patch, when i try to install that one a window pup up saying something like "you already have a update version" , because i already have 1.62. And yes i recently install the reinforcement dlc, only the britany and private military, steam wont take my visa....so i get them all like the game (arma II co) by other means.....do you think i shoud reinstall and install first the ACR lite patch to get it to work? if it is so...well thats gonna be in the far future then. i am pretty sure the problems is the patch.

The problem in game shows like a regular flashpoint mission, i get the same you did, but in the options shows me factions and options like in arma II, no dayz (no survivors, bandits or zombies, those words never appear anywhere)

Re: Does anybody know how to get this to work??

kodabar
Administrator
Yep, it just showed up as a regular mission for me too. The chap with the video is talking about modifying the factions - there aren't any settings for zombies, etc by default. You need to go through and modify that. But, given that DayZ runs using OA (mostly), then I reckon you'd need to get the ACR patch installed before mounting that horse.

I tried installing the ACR patch myself and it didn't frigging work, throwing up some error about a missing string. Goodness only knows what's causing that. I'm about due to clean out and reinstall the game from scratch (you wouldn't believe how many single player versions and missions files I've got kicking around in my system). But I was hoping to wait until 1.7.2.7 came out before getting into all that.

I'll give it another go when I'm bored - quite likely at the moment, as my work this week is writing about how the Olympics legacy projects are being covered in the press. Yawn.

So far I've only used ArmA 2 Free with this, but I'll swap over to ArmA 2 (full) for the next time I try.

Re: Does anybody know how to get this to work??

Josh
I've seen the Lingor flashpoint + dayZ scenario video also, and honestly it'd add a nice dynamic to the game provided I can ever figure out how to merge the DayZ and flashpoint scenarios.

I can't find a tutorial anywhere about how to do that however. Any suggestions?

Re: Does anybody know how to get this to work??

FoxDIE
yep, don't waiste your time! I don't believe thats exist at all (other than the version the video maker probably made for him self)  But 1.7.3 brings almost everyhing i coud wish for it , like really aware infecteds and more infected than bullets, as for the survivors and bandits ai and interaction with them seld and infecteds, i seriously doubt that dynamic system can make anything but a buggie bad version of the first stepd the guys of ths forum have made a long time ago ( i mean i am sure that the 42c have the best ia interaction you can get for dayz single player). So enjoy the stuff you want must be out there in the forum topics! =D

Re: Does anybody know how to get this to work??

DayZ_SP
Standard DayZ can be deployed on almost any map that is made as long as it has standard ArmA 2 buildings found on Chernarus. This is vital because Rocket coded the Zombies and loot to spawn from those specific, yet generalized structures. So, if the map has custom buildings... Like Lingor, Fallujah, Namalsk, etc... Then somebody has to go in and add those buildings to the CfgLoot tables, so both loot and Zombies spawn.

This (and other files) are in the original client-side dayz files everybody has to play the mod. So, this is why they have to distribute modified .pbos along with their maps just like some of us on this forum have to distribute modified .pbos to get certain functions to work e.g. reclassifying the Zeds as Opfor, so the Blufor AI Survivors and AI Bandits view them as threats and engage them.

My point is this is how modular and flexible the ArmA 2 engine is.

Most people didn't even know ArmA 2 existed until "DayZ", but it is one of those rare games that is truly a military simulation sandbox game only limited by your imagination.

Re: Does anybody know how to get this to work??

Tommygun9504
This is why I would love to see a Real Virtuality SDK.

If only... well, a lot of things.

Re: Does anybody know how to get this to work??

liuhuan
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Does anybody know how to get this to work??

Ray
I do not see how Shoes and DaiZy are connected in any way. Oh well, here come the spammers.

Sorry. Normally the system catches these. Not today apparently.

Re: Does anybody know how to get this to work??

Ray
Maybe this one wasnt a bot, since you dont need to register to be able to post it wouldve take no time at all (thats my weird opinion though)