DeadZ - Thoughts and opinions!

Niceonegunit
This post was updated on .
The DeadZ!

Before I start on my rambling, let me first explain 'DeadZ'.

DeadZ is a completely free-to-play-actually-not-fucking-hideous version of WarZ, which features IMMENSE overhauls to every aspect of the game. The most noticeable being:

The environment has been changed, buildings are crumbling, the streets are littered and overgrown with weeds, the interiors are ruined and trashed and beautiful quality textures!

The Zombies! Their AI has been HEAVILY improved. They aren't geniuses, but you get the point.

Vehicles! Yup, I said it. Vehicles.

I cannot stress enough that this is 100% FREE TO PLAY. You don't need WarZ. Because let's be honest, would you even considering buying that monstrosity?

If you want to see what's it's like before downloading it, watch this video!

Please note that the video is very old.

DOWNLOAD!
Click here to go to the Download.
THIS IS THE LATEST AS OF: May 21st
You will need to register an account using your email before you can play this, though.

NOT A KEYLOGGER!
So many WarZ fangirls have been trying to shut this game down by posting claims of it being a keylogger 'that will steal your bank account and credit card information' with absolutely no proof whatsoever.

However, I have some proof that it is infact, not a keylogger.

A guy submitted the DeadZ Launcher, the supposed keylogger, to AVG. They replied back stating that it is not a virus or keylogger of any sort, and to update your AVG to the latest after they release their new patch. If you have AVG, please update it now.

I find this fucking HILARIOUS how the WarZ developers and moderators are STILL LYING THEIR ASSES OFF.

Here is an excerpt from a WarZ moderator, AirRhino.
"and is 100% confirmed to have a key logger back ended into it. "
Once again, and it should come as no surprise, absolutely no proof provided.

He ends the statement with:
"Please do not create any more topics about it, as it puts more and more users at risk. "
Which tells you that WarZ is jealous of their success and their failure.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: DeadZ - Thoughts and opinions!

So this is the hacked WarZ version? :D

*EDIT: I just watched the video. So that answered my question.

But to be fair, it looks just as shit. :P

Re: DeadZ - Thoughts and opinions!

Niceonegunit
Above wrote
So this is the hacked WarZ version? :D

*EDIT: I just watched the video. So that answered my question.

But to be fair, it looks just as shit. :P
Does that really comes as a surprise?

But hey, they're honest about it. Unlike a certain Hammerpoint. The game was shit, so it's only fair that it's a free to play.

EDIT: Also, the video is very old. I think this was back when it was just in closed beta.

Updated with some important, and also pretty damn hilarious, information!
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: DeadZ - Thoughts and opinions!

Niceonegunit wrote
Updated with some important, and also pretty damn hilarious, information!
Yes, I guess I'll give them a shot. :3

Thanks for sharing btw.

*EDIT: I finally got some bandwith off their server to update, and I wont lie. I'm actually abit hyped. Have you tried it?

Hah, I'm downloading the update so fuckin' slowly, I might as well go on a vacation. It's downloading at, what, 5 kb/s? That's an estimate though. I wish I could figure out the problem..
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: DeadZ - Thoughts and opinions!

Niceonegunit wrote
Above wrote
Niceonegunit wrote
Updated with some important, and also pretty damn hilarious, information!
Yes, I guess I'll give them a shot. :3

Thanks for sharing btw.

*EDIT: I finally got some bandwith off their server to update, and I wont lie. I'm actually abit hyped. Have you tried it?
Hah, I'm downloading the update so fuckin' slowly, I might as well go on a vacation. It's downloading at, what, 5 kb/s? That's an estimate though. I wish I could figure out the problem..

I get an error "can't connect blabla check your firewall and proxy" or something. Sometimes it starts updating, but I will eventually get the error again. And the download will stop. I googled the error, and apparantly it was about the servers beeing overloaded.

I'm tring to update again now, hopefully it works out. Haha. :D

[...]

It only happens to me when I start the update. It's like a queue or something. If the slots are full, it kicks you out.

Just keep trying and eventually you'll get a 'slot'.

Been 2 hours and finally up to 735 MB left. Fuck.

The last time, though. I got kicked mid-patching. But it seems to be patching fully now, 617mb left. :D

Re: DeadZ - Thoughts and opinions!

Niceonegunit
Oh good.
It crashed and reset to 3657 MB.

Fuck this, I can't be bothered anymore. If the download servers are terrible, I can't wait to see how buggy it actually is, being a WarZ emulator and all.

If you ever do finish, tell me what it's like. Because I'm not going to play it until bullshit like this is fixed.

It did actually finnish, the first try today. I'm just loggin in now. And I'll give it a fair amount of time before I come back here to give you an accurate opinion.

Re: DeadZ - Thoughts and opinions!

Above wrote
Niceonegunit wrote
Oh good.
It crashed and reset to 3657 MB.

Fuck this, I can't be bothered anymore. If the download servers are terrible, I can't wait to see how buggy it actually is, being a WarZ emulator and all.

If you ever do finish, tell me what it's like. Because I'm not going to play it until bullshit like this is fixed.
It did actually finnish, the first try today. I'm just loggin in now. And I'll give it a fair amount of time before I come back here to give you an accurate opinion.

Okey, I now got bored.

I didn't really do much. But for a free game, and 2 days spent on getting it to actually update properly, I would call it a playable game. And the time spent was worth it. I instantly got into a server, the community seemed mature. And I didn't experience any lag at all.

It's till built on WarZ, though. The game itself could be worse. But if the current devs are better now, it got potential. There's still alot to do, though.

Re: DeadZ - Thoughts and opinions!

Niceonegunit
Above wrote
Above wrote
Niceonegunit wrote
Oh good.
It crashed and reset to 3657 MB.

Fuck this, I can't be bothered anymore. If the download servers are terrible, I can't wait to see how buggy it actually is, being a WarZ emulator and all.

If you ever do finish, tell me what it's like. Because I'm not going to play it until bullshit like this is fixed.
It did actually finnish, the first try today. I'm just loggin in now. And I'll give it a fair amount of time before I come back here to give you an accurate opinion.

Okej, I now got bored.

I am saddened by the inability to be able to even download this damn thing.

Yes, it took me quite awhile to even get on their update servers. It's a shame really.

[...]

Or it was me being a dumbass and not giving us the correct link.

I should've given you the latest May 21 Full Client link, but I was too stupid to do so. Then again, I didn't know it was there either. They need to sort out their website and make it a bit cleaner.

THIS is what you were supposed to download.
[...]

Oh! Well, I guess you can play at least. :D I'll give it another shot tonight. :)