DaiZy Singleplayer for ARMA 3 / Possibilities

DaiZy Singleplayer for ARMA 3 / Possibilities

Forgemaster
This post was updated on .
Hello again, I had a long break from DayZ for a long time (was playing other games whilst forgetting about that ARMA 3 was about to come out and then I got it), I don't even remember my last posts here.

I have come across a mod called "Zoombies" for ARMA 3, basically it adds DayZ functionality (albeit not full as far as I know) to ARMA 3 through use of All-in-Arma mod to load Chernarus and/or other maps on ARMA 3 and play its mission, but it requires to own both ARMA 2/ OA & 3.

I know anyone can download server/client files from their repository, the server files were made available after someone asked for them but that was some time ago after release of their launcher, the point is that I was thinking if it would be possible to convert the "Zoombies" mod and its mission to DaiZy format, and have DaiZy SP in ARMA 3. (huge undertaking, I know)

I think someone in the world might have tried this already, I have depbo'd the mod to have a look at it, but that didn't get me anywhere because my knowledge about the inner workings of ARMA mods is minimal to be honest.

Post away your thoughts/ideas/issues on the subject.

[On another subject I have played Above's BreakingZero mission for quite some time, it's amazing bro but it lacked a few nice features introduced in earlier releases, plus I had issues with the HUD not refreshing, especially on a savegame load, I also was plagued by a glitch where eating food wouldn't replenish my hunger meter which didn't end up badly yet cause the meter goes quite slow. Somehow my inventory screen doesn't look like it does in the screenshot, instead of the surroundings being visible while looking at it, the screen is blackened, I do not know why it opens like that, but I didn't have this issue with DayZ/DaiZy versions before 1.7.7.

I was using addons @CBA_CO @COWarMod(Lite variety) @JSRS also using latest beta patch for Arma 2 OA.

Also I had an issue where after a certain period of time when AI bandits/survivors start re-spawning after the first volley wouldn't do anything. Yes, even when they were like 15 feet away from each other, they would just stand there and do nothing, they would only respond if I got close to them, then they would obviously start shooting at me, but at range they have no chance a person can just snipe them with one shot from a Lee Enfield or a Kar98. There goes my rant of a sort. I know this would fit in the thread of the mission itself, but I was lazy to make another thread and I might forget what I was going to type anyway since I just typed this at the top of my head.]
CPU: AMD Phenom II X6 960T/1600T @ 3.8GHz
Motherboard: ASUSTek M5A99X EVO
Memory: Corsair XMS3 CM3X1G1333C9 4x1GB
GPU: nVidia GeForce 460 GTX
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Green 500GB

Re: DaiZy Singleplayer for ARMA 3 / Possibilities

Forgemaster wrote
[On another subject I have played Above's BreakingZero mission for quite some time, it's amazing bro but it lacked a few nice features introduced in earlier releases.
Thanks, I'm glad you like it. Now about the features, what features are you referring to? The amount of stuff I've removed isn't all that great.

If you're talking about the building system(s), this is being replaced. We'll use the Aftermath/Epoch building system.

Plus I had issues with the HUD not refreshing, especially on a savegame load, I also was plagued by a glitch where eating food wouldn't replenish my hunger meter which didn't end up badly yet cause the meter goes quite slow. Somehow my inventory screen doesn't look like it does in the screenshot, instead of the surroundings being visible while looking at it, the screen is blackened, I do not know why it opens like that, but I didn't have this issue with DayZ/DaiZy versions before 1.7.7.
Sometimes, food wont change the blood color, and losing blood wont affect the color either. What fixes it for the rest of that save is reloading the mission. I am going to attempt to locate this.

About the HUD and inventory screen, this sounds like corrupt files, beta patch, or addon glitches.
Where you said that the background goes black, try removing CoWarMod, it will fix it (I'm 99% sure). And probably the other UI glitches. So just try to remove all the CoWarMod addons, see if everything works. And then you'll have to put them back 1 by 1, to see wich one is causing it.

I was using addons @CBA_CO @COWarMod(Lite variety) @JSRS also using latest beta patch for Arma 2 OA.
I could've guessed, CoWarMod does have a UI addon in there, that blackens out the screen when you open your gear. And I'm almost sure this is what causing the other UI glitches in BreakingPoint.

I use JSRS 1.5, too. Everything works fine. About the beta patch, are you using the latest one from DayZ Commander, or from the BI forums? I suggest sticking to the DayZ Commander beta patches.

Also I had an issue where after a certain period of time when AI bandits/survivors start re-spawning after the first volley wouldn't do anything. Yes, even when they were like 15 feet away from each other, they would just stand there and do nothing, they would only respond if I got close to them, then they would obviously start shooting at me, but at range they have no chance a person can just snipe them with one shot from a Lee Enfield or a Kar98. There goes my rant of a sort. I know this would fit in the thread of the mission itself, but I was lazy to make another thread and I might forget what I was going to type anyway since I just typed this at the top of my head.]
Yes, I've noticed that AI sometimes just sit like idiots. Now, I don't have many details. What I know is that they tend to look around for targets. It might be that they don't see you, or that something is messed up. I'll have to study this one harder, but I haven't seen this happen on Chernarus, there I get sniped at from 500-1000m.

Also, when I bumped into this problem the first time (Podagorsk, obviously), only some AI would do this. I would still get shot at from rather long ranges.

I hope this helps you, about the ArmA 3 DayZ, I would work on creating one. But I haven't bought the A3 beta, yet.

Re: DaiZy Singleplayer for ARMA 3 / Possibilities

Forgemaster
This post was updated on .
Nice to type to a friendly person once in a while, and thanks for the advice on how to tackle some of the problems I had on the mission.

About the missing things I recall that were in earlier releases, well... I think it was the crafting system itself, maybe I just couldn't find the menu for that, but the ingredients are scattered around the place sometimes. I was expecting an advanced crafting system with blueprints but maybe because I was viewing some of the other DayZ releases like Epoch, for example you can make a new weapon. Not a big deal for me though.

The building system... well I wouldn't bother with it much, tents are enough for me.
(Who needs big forts anyway while playing alone!? I think it's much easier to build that crap in Minecraft, that is just my opinion though, I digress.)

I liked how in Halek's Factions release there are bandits patrolling in helicopters. I gave that map to my brother for playtesting. (He is still getting used to idea that 1.7.7.1 DayZ is much harder, although we both haven't played DayZ for over a year now.)

Now... I remember having problems running any maps/releases that were heavily modded. For example each time I start a game in LAN rather than initializing the DayZ scripts, the game puts me in one of the empty AI slots, basically I appear at the famous empty green field, sometimes I can move in that infinite land and sometimes it won't let me do anything. Disconnecting and reconnecting with a different slot solves the issue usually.

The BreakingPoint/DayZero map... oh boy launching it on a LAN game is terrible, it lags immensely for the host machine. Turning down the graphics doesn't help, so I guess a sheer amount of desync iissues are there because of all that content running.

I run: AMD Phenom 960T/1605T @ 4.0GHz OC
        4GB of ADATA Gaming Ram - Arma is only using 1.2GB of that at most
        nVidia GeForce 460 GTX 768MB - Upgrade required, new cards are coming out this or next month
        500GB Western Digital Green - Not much point in getting an SSD, my Win 8 boots in less than 7 sec

God when I tried downloading that 3GB+ I thought I was in heaven, the map plays well in SP just that there are those nitpicky issues that I mentioned. Otherwise the map is close to pure gold.

I seem to be fond of the new UI and especially that the extra buttons for opening backpack + able to carry two primaries. +10 Major Props.

I like the spawn rates on the mission although there doesn't seem much of a variation of weapons that appear for survivors/bandits they all usually carry a Lee Enfield or a Kar98, basically getting a weapon is real easy, especially a very powerful weapon, one downside though that if you shoot that baby anywhere near a good city or a village, you're going to get raped for the lack of better word or have a Benny Hill moment... or pretend your a conductor for a zombie train... Funny.

Vehicles... I don't mind that they all seem to be completely fine or maybe I am just lucky to find that I only need to put fuel in and that's it. Although I have found a bike near a lighthouse which was almost broken (I never expected to find a bike there to be honest, I used the ESP module for one playthrough to have markers, I like having that option in cheat releases)

Buildings... I have noticed new buildings/clutter around some places that I remember were empty before, I have never before played BreakingPoint, but that extra content just makes me think that the place is/was lively. I love it.

The Zombies... It's a zombie... Smash his ******* skull, the sounds are different for them are even more deliciously disgusting, I am intrigued, but also highly disturbed, which is okay? Anyone?.

Bandits/Survivors... I am too smart for them, I have to admit. It might be CoWar conflicting or something but really they are easy kills, as long as they don't jump you. Especially I found it easy to stab them with the bayonet knife, (very handy, I like that addition from CoWar and it doesn't seem to bug out on your mission, on Haleks' Factions it spawns NVG instead, to be honest I think you should have list of recommended optional addons from CoWar some are really helpful as Haleks has already described shortly) because the mission starts at night you have to get quite close until they notice 'ya, otherwise they are blind as bats, come to think of it just as blind as the zombies at night but I guess that's normal cause it is a lot easier for me to scavenge and loot bodies, I just hate when a zombie sneaks up on your back.

(Especially when the screen is blackened at the inventory screen. Also do you know how hard it is to take a dump? Do you know how good it feels when the poop drops down? Well now think that you get jumped by a zombie while relieving yourself and the poop goes back in and that's not good at all. I wonder if you will get the reference, or will be disturbed and think I have a toilet fetish, so anyway...)

Hmm, I don't know what else I could add at this point of time, I will try to occupy myself with some testing of removing some issues I had. (Oh yeah BTW I saw the green stuff in the editor when I depbo'd this bad boy, I never checked out what really was in those places, could you mind telling what is that placed right there, or is it some sort of surprise? I like surprises.)

Ahh... how much the releases have advanced even since you came aboard, I remember playing the DaiZy Ultimate release and I thought it was epic back then, but now it is even better.

I. just. love. playtesting. I usually end up very surprised and in awe. I think I am slowly becoming GLaDoS.

I know I could be much more straightforward in my posts, but I like to have random ramblings sometimes, makes me forget in what kind of world I am living in. A world full of crazy sh*t. I have a colorful persona to say the least. I don't even know why I just typed that right now. I think I edited this post like 20 times now. I feel the urge to put smiley faces everywhere like I am chatting with a friend, but I try to refrain from doing that in forums nowadays. Maybe I am going to play some Unreal Tournament... or some other game from the late 90's. Messing with addons one by one is almost like trying to find a conflict mod in skyrim, and it takes me hours using trial and error, I usually listen to music to pass the time when I am going time consuming things like these.

I think this post is getting out of hand so if you want we can take this to messaging/e-mail or skype? More friendlies can't hurt.
GPU: nVidia GeForce 460 GTX
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Green 500GB

Re: DaiZy Singleplayer for ARMA 3 / Possibilities

Forgemaster wrote
Nice to type to a friendly person once in a while, and thanks for the advice on how to tackle some of the problems I had on the mission.
It's a pleasure doing what I can for other friendly people. ;)

About the missing things I recall that were in earlier releases, well... I think it was the crafting system itself, maybe I just couldn't find the menu for that, but the ingredients are scattered around the place sometimes. I was expecting an advanced crafting system with blueprints but maybe because I was viewing some of the other DayZ releases like Epoch, for example you can make a new weapon. Not a big deal for me though.
Oh, yes. The "original" 1.8 crafting system was meant to have blueprints, that spawn here and there. However they changed that, so that you "discover" what you can craft (similar to how it works in 7 Days to Die).

You can craft weapons in Aftermath, by finding weapon parts. I think this is the building system I'm gonna go for in BreakingZero.

The building system... well I wouldn't bother with it much, tents are enough for me.
(Who needs big forts anyway while playing alone!? I think it's much easier to build that crap in Minecraft, that is just my opinion though, I digress.)
Well, I also rarely start huge projects. I get my food, my water, and a DMR. Then I restart, pretty much.

However, building a house will give people more to do, something to grind materials for.

I liked how in Halek's Factions release there are bandits patrolling in helicopters. I gave that map to my brother for playtesting. (He is still getting used to idea that 1.7.7.1 DayZ is much harder, although we both haven't played DayZ for over a year now.)
BreakingZero also got patrolling bandit helis, just that they spawn up north only. Changing skin would make a new heli spawn everytime. And I just removed the southern spawn as a fast fix. I do have some ideas to make it respawn when crashed, only. So that we can see some helis down south, too! :)

Now... I remember having problems running any maps/releases that were heavily modded. For example each time I start a game in LAN rather than initializing the DayZ scripts, the game puts me in one of the empty AI slots, basically I appear at the famous empty green field, sometimes I can move in that infinite land and sometimes it won't let me do anything. Disconnecting and reconnecting with a different slot solves the issue usually.
The SP releases never worked well in LAN, nor did the LAN missions, really. However, when you spawn in the field when running the mission in "SP mode", just wait and you'll get to pick a gender and spawn in.

The BreakingPoint/DayZero map... oh boy launching it on a LAN game is terrible, it lags immensely for the host machine. Turning down the graphics doesn't help, so I guess a sheer amount of desync iissues are there because of all that content running.

I run: AMD Phenom 960T/1605T @ 4.0GHz OC
        4GB of ADATA Gaming Ram - Arma is only using 1.2GB of that at most
        nVidia GeForce 460 GTX 768MB - Upgrade required, new cards are coming out this or next month
        500GB Western Digital Green - Not much point in getting an SSD, my Win 8 boots in less than 7 sec
Yes, I remember running the "real" LAN mission with a friend, he had a sick PC at the time, and it's still sick. But we would both lag when hosting. It would start off nice while hosting, even on my PC. But it would just get worse every 5 minutes or so. Until it was unplayable.

God when I tried downloading that 3GB+ I thought I was in heaven, the map plays well in SP just that there are those nitpicky issues that I mentioned. Otherwise the map is close to pure gold.

I seem to be fond of the new UI and especially that the extra buttons for opening backpack + able to carry two primaries. +10 Major Props.
Haha, did you try to remove CoWarMod? And yes, I included addons that limits the grass, wich improves the FPS ALOT for lower end PC's. Now that probably doesn't help you much, your PC seems alright, he.

And yes, the UI is nice. I'm not to fond of the food/blood/thirst icons. But I'm adapting. My favorite DayZ UI is probably the one from DayZero.

I like the spawn rates on the mission although there doesn't seem much of a variation of weapons that appear for survivors/bandits they all usually carry a Lee Enfield or a Kar98, basically getting a weapon is real easy, especially a very powerful weapon, one downside though that if you shoot that baby anywhere near a good city or a village, you're going to get raped for the lack of better word or have a Benny Hill moment... or pretend your a conductor for a zombie train... Funny.
Yes, the variation on the "low tier" AI isn't all that good. But those are meant to have less good weapons, and there aren't that many. :(

And the zombies are even more dangerous now, they got heavily buffed in 1.8.

Vehicles... I don't mind that they all seem to be completely fine or maybe I am just lucky to find that I only need to put fuel in and that's it. Although I have found a bike near a lighthouse which was almost broken (I never expected to find a bike there to be honest, I used the ESP module for one playthrough to have markers, I like having that option in cheat releases)
Yes, most of the trucks only "needs" engine/fueltank. Most/all other vehicles should be fairly messed up, though.

Buildings... I have noticed new buildings/clutter around some places that I remember were empty before, I have never before played BreakingPoint, but that extra content just makes me think that the place is/was lively. I love it.
Playthrough? Send a link. :D

Bandits/Survivors... I am too smart for them, I have to admit. It might be CoWar conflicting or something but really they are easy kills, as long as they don't jump you. Especially I found it easy to stab them with the bayonet knife, (very handy, I like that addition from CoWar and it doesn't seem to bug out on your mission, on Haleks' Factions it spawns NVG instead, to be honest I think you should have list of recommended optional addons from CoWar some are really helpful as Haleks has already described shortly) because the mission starts at night you have to get quite close until they notice 'ya, otherwise they are blind as bats, come to think of it just as blind as the zombies at night but I guess that's normal cause it is a lot easier for me to scavenge and loot bodies, I just hate when a zombie sneaks up on your back.
Haa, if you see them first, there's no way they can take you down. But I've had AI in ghillies, wich I haven't spotted. And been instant killed by a damn well aimed headshot.

I'm only using the ASR_AI addon, though. (I think it's included in CoWarMod, probably not the latest ASR_AI, but there's one).

(Especially when the screen is blackened at the inventory screen. Also do you know how hard it is to take a dump? Do you know how good it feels when the poop drops down? Well now think that you get jumped by a zombie while relieving yourself and the poop goes back in and that's not good at all. I wonder if you will get the reference, or will be disturbed and think I have a toilet fetish, so anyway...)
Haha, I didn't get the reference. But I laughed.

Hmm, I don't know what else I could add at this point of time, I will try to occupy myself with some testing of removing some issues I had. (Oh yeah BTW I saw the green stuff in the editor when I depbo'd this bad boy, I never checked out what really was in those places, could you mind telling what is that placed right there, or is it some sort of surprise? I like surprises.)
Haha, those are most likely the weedplantations.

Ahh... how much the releases have advanced even since you came aboard, I remember playing the DaiZy Ultimate release and I thought it was epic back then, but now it is even better.
Yes, alot of stuff has been brought to the table since then!

I. just. love. playtesting. I usually end up very surprised and in awe. I think I am slowly becoming GLaDoS.
 Haha!

I know I could be much more straightforward in my posts, but I like to have random ramblings sometimes, makes me forget in what kind of world I am living in. A world full of crazy sh*t. I have a colorful persona to say the least. I don't even know why I just typed that right now. I think I edited this post like 20 times now. I feel the urge to put smiley faces everywhere like I am chatting with a friend, but I try to refrain from doing that in forums nowadays. Maybe I am going to play some Unreal Tournament... or some other game from the late 90's. Messing with addons one by one is almost like trying to find a conflict mod in skyrim, and it takes me hours using trial and error, I usually listen to music to pass the time when I am going time consuming things like these.
Haha, I would consider myself colorful and impulsive, but I think it's in everyones best interest if I hold back.

I can't even remember the last time I played UT. It must've been about *counts on fingers* 8 years ago.

PM/comment your skype name here and I'll add you. :)

GPU: nVidia GeForce 460 GTX
Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Green 500GB

Re: DaiZy Singleplayer for ARMA 3 / Possibilities

Forgemaster wrote
I sent a PM, but it looks like more of a e-mail service to me, since I can't find anything on the member page about private messages, only email. So I am not sure where the thing actually ended up in.

Haha! I'll call Sherlock, we'll find it.