DaiZy Chernobyl!

I will most likely be porting the new Chernobyl map, soon!

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=21340

Re: DaiZy Chernobyl!

TheOnly1
i will love to see this

Re: DaiZy Chernobyl!

Larry
Banned User
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: DaiZy Chernobyl!

Haleks
It works on both.

Above you devil, I was thinking about doin' something with this map; seen as it comes from the STALKER games, a daizy/Stalker mod on it would be nice! ;)

But I've also seen that the namalsk map has been updated; I might work on that one!

Re: DaiZy Chernobyl!

Haleks wrote
It works on both.

Above you devil, I was thinking about doin' something with this map; seen as it comes from the STALKER games, a daizy/Stalker mod on it would be nice! ;)

But I've also seen that the namalsk map has been updated; I might work on that one!

Or we do this, you work on Chernobyl, and I update Namalsk (since I've already started a Namalsk train anyways).

It's up to you. :)

Or we could just colab Chernobyl, I can add the loot choords and stuff like that. :)

Re: DaiZy Chernobyl!

Matsuda_sempai
I just tested the map none of the new buildings you can enter and the map is kinda empty other than the city and the powerplant I'd wait and see what else he has planned before making a daizy mission.

Re: DaiZy Chernobyl!

Above wrote
Haleks wrote
It works on both.

Above you devil, I was thinking about doin' something with this map; seen as it comes from the STALKER games, a daizy/Stalker mod on it would be nice! ;)

But I've also seen that the namalsk map has been updated; I might work on that one!

Or we do this, you work on Chernobyl, and I update Namalsk (since I've already started a Namalsk train anyways).

It's up to you. :)

Or we could just colab Chernobyl, I can add the loot choords and stuff like that. :)
To be honest, I'm kinda stuck on The Last of Us these days ;)
So it would be better to not count me in for any work for the next weeks :P

Nonetheless, I've thrown an eye on the latest Namalsk update : this thing is a nightmare. Looks like we gonna have to unlock a couple of custom files Sumrack is using for DayZ - so far I wasn't even able to bring up the gender selection screen with dayz 1.7.7.1...

Anyway, I'd rather let you do your thing and work on a Namalsk 2017 (kinda : it would be a mix of 2017 & Stalker) if I can sort it out.

Re: DaiZy Chernobyl!

Haleks wrote
[...]

Oh, I wouldn't do Namalsk 2017 unless you're asking me to.

I'll probably take a look at it, though. And see if I can help you at all.

I still gotta find what's causing my zeds to not attack  you after x resumes.

Re: DaiZy Chernobyl!

Haleks
Above wrote
I still gotta find what's causing my zeds to not attack  you after x resumes.
It might be caused by some of the check loops they use in the player_zombieCheck file : saving & resuming would break those looping sequences and stop the script; I'm pretty sure I had to remove some to fix it.

Re: DaiZy Chernobyl!

Haleks wrote
Above wrote
I still gotta find what's causing my zeds to not attack  you after x resumes.
It might be caused by some of the check loops they use in the player_zombieCheck file : saving & resuming would break those looping sequences and stop the script; I'm pretty sure I had to remove some to fix it.

I did a test with all your zombie files, though. Just to make sure it was fixable, and caused by the same thing as for you.

But it didn't help. :<

Re: DaiZy Chernobyl!

danielcaruanasmith
Hi all, I'm a noob at map editing but I had an idea and I thought I'd throw it at you guys.

As you say only a few buildings and the reactor are enter able, so why not integrate those buildings into the Chernarus map if it is possible. I think it would be a welcome addon to a fairly popular map.

Personally, I would add the reactor into the industrial area of Chernogorsk near the road that goes towards Vysota. I think it would be cool to see that reactor and chimney towering over the city.

Just an idea I had, let me know what u guys think :)

Re: DaiZy Chernobyl!

Niceonegunit
danielcaruanasmith wrote
Hi all, I'm a noob at map editing but I had an idea and I thought I'd throw it at you guys.

As you say only a few buildings and the reactor are enter able, so why not integrate those buildings into the Chernarus map if it is possible. I think it would be a welcome addon to a fairly popular map.

Personally, I would add the reactor into the industrial area of Chernogorsk near the road that goes towards Vysota. I think it would be cool to see that reactor and chimney towering over the city.

Just an idea I had, let me know what u guys think :)
I'm afraid you couldn't do that, in more ways then one.

First off, you can't simply "copy/paste" a building from another map and BIMBAMBIBITYBOP it into another map, espicially not Chernarus. They are usually hardcoded into maps, so you can't rip it out.

And the map author would be pissed. Well, probably.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: DaiZy Chernobyl!

danielcaruanasmith wrote
Hi all, I'm a noob at map editing but I had an idea and I thought I'd throw it at you guys.

As you say only a few buildings and the reactor are enter able, so why not integrate those buildings into the Chernarus map if it is possible. I think it would be a welcome addon to a fairly popular map.

Personally, I would add the reactor into the industrial area of Chernogorsk near the road that goes towards Vysota. I think it would be cool to see that reactor and chimney towering over the city.

Just an idea I had, let me know what u guys think :)
Ya, it's possible. :D

I'll see what I can do, however, you would have to run an additional addon, probably.

Re: DaiZy Chernobyl!

wolffhugel
Good Map but has had problems with the graphic optimization to make a project ..

Re: DaiZy Chernobyl!

malau
What happened with this project ? Is it dead ?