Cleaning Towns // New map?

NicoCaffa
Hello, this is my first post on the forum. So, first of all, I want to thank you for the work over here. This is one of the best "mods".

So, now that I'm here, I want to ask you if you can script somo non-spawning trigger. I mean, to kill all the zombies in some spawner (like a small town or a house) and keep it like that; just to have a safe HQ.

By the way, I know that someday you'll release all the maps of the game, so I want to ask you when are you thinking to release Takistan or Zargarbad :D

Anyways, even if no one is possibly, I want to thank you for this AWESOME job.

GL!

PS: Sorry for bad english guys...

Re: Cleaning Towns // New map?

GhostsNightmare
I like this idea a lot!

Nico, I've added my own "base" to the map. In HM Celle, I made some small villages. However, what I never said was that I also added a house, 2 garages, a heli pad and a tower in an unknown location. I never had zombies not spawn there. But I can probably work on a script that continuesly removes zombies. However that would lag the mission down pretty hard. I think removing zombie spawns from a single building will be really hard. From what I've experienced so far, the scripts are written to affect every building of the same type. Let's say I wanted the northern barracks on Chernarus to spawn no zombies, every barrack would be empty. This is not a fact, but I'm pretty sure. I never really looked into it. But if it's indeed possible, I'm more than happy to build a random base and have it cleared from zombies.

Re: Cleaning Towns // New map?

NicoCaffa
Wow, thats pretty cool... I've never seen that. I dont want to put pressure about this change, I understand what you mean about the spawn. Anyways, another chance is to do what you do, to put some empty villages. If you do, can you mark them on the map so we can find it? And, by the way, can you mark meanwhile the base in celle?

Thank you so much...

Re: Cleaning Towns // New map?

NicoCaffa wrote
Wow, thats pretty cool... I've never seen that. I dont want to put pressure about this change, I understand what you mean about the spawn. Anyways, another chance is to do what you do, to put some empty villages. If you do, can you mark them on the map so we can find it? And, by the way, can you mark meanwhile the base in celle?

Thank you so much...

I can mark my "base" and the villages. However the secret place I also added (the ACT tower + heli pad with a 100% fueled and fixed heli) will still remain a secret. Obviously, anyone knowing a bit of coding or map editing will find out. But people who chose not to cheat, might have an experience trying to find it. That's what I wanted it to be.

Regarding my ability to add buildings to the actual map, I'm not sure as to how I would do that. HOWEVER, I can upload a picture where I mark the locations. I hope that's good enough for now!

Here's the picture, I will add this to the mainpost aswell.