Arma 3 DaiZy???

DarkRaven
We can hope that this can somehow be converted, probably not for a long long while though.

Only 4 more hours until alpha

Re: Arma 3 DaiZy???

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Arma 3 DaiZy???

DarkRaven
You can and someone has already imported some arma 2 maps over, but standalone will suffice anyway.

Re: Arma 3 DaiZy???

Ray
Alpha has been out for an hour , how can there be custom maps ported over already? Unless the ArmA 3 dev team didn't do that then it's false gossip.

Re: Arma 3 DaiZy???

Ray
Googled for ArmA 2 maps over on ArmA 3 , did not find any realiable source AT ALL, and also for DayZ to work in arma 3 you would need to re-write most of the code, think about all new weapon classes,object id, loot id, this would take a bunch of time. And there is no need for ArmA 3 dayz since as you said, standalone is coming.

Re: Arma 3 DaiZy???

Haleks
the Alpha is coming up with the tools to fully edit mission - wich is enough for the modders to start converting their work for Arma 3.

About an Arma 3 DaiZy : you'd have to re-create all of the weapons, vehicles and tools - since A3 uses futuristic ones; the same goes for zombies since the skeleton & animation system has changed. Wich is what they've been working on for the stand-alone...

Except for that, I guess it would be doable  - and having an alternative Zombie/survival SP mod for Arma3 would make sense : I bet y'all there won't be any SP in DayZ.

Re: Arma 3 DaiZy???

Ray
Oh right, forgot that the mission editor is in alpha. Going to buy mine tomorrow

Re: Arma 3 DaiZy???

Niceonegunit
Ray wrote
It wont fit. You cant import arma 2 maps into arma 3 and there wont be any tools to do it anyway until arma 3 full release.
Dayz in arma 3 would suck anyway
How come I ported the Chernarus, and Utes maps into ArmA 3 without issues?
All you need to to is copy-paste the required files for chernarus and utes into the ArmA 3 addons/mod folder.

DO NOT COPY OVER ANIMS.pbo, or WATER.pbo.

You can also port over all ARmA 2 weapons, and vehicles.
DO NOT ATTEMPT TO SPAWN AN ARMA 2 UNIT. IT WILL CRASH.

On topic, I'm working on something like this. It'll be very barebones but I'll see what I can and can't put in the game. There won't be any bandit, survivor or zombies skins at all, they just don't work. The current ArmA 3 models will have to do. Don't like it? Well that's just a shame.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: Arma 3 DaiZy???

Haleks
I think Arma 2 units work fine - except for their head. Heads use different skeleton in A3; but apart from that, I'm pretty sure A2 units work fine in A3.