Anyone working on anything new for Arma 3 ?

Anyone working on anything new for Arma 3 ?

lammy
So the way this forum has declined over the past few months and the lack of recent releases for Arma 2 has seen me switch back into Arma 3 which I've put around 500 hrs into since Xmas this year.

I love it, I'm playing a user made mission called "Whole Lotta Altis" by Saok which is the closest I have found to my real love which was playing SP in Arma 2 / Daizy with the beautiful mods that have been put out by Above, Haleks etc in the past.

Briefly - Whole Lotta Altis is brilliant and evokes the same kind of feeling as Daizy SP all be it without the zombies (they were take it or leave it for me anyway until the mod to slow them down was released), my real gripe is there is no real hunger / thirst / medicine mechanism, but to be fair this mission wasn't designed for what I want, its just the closest I have found in terms of massive re-playability and giving that nice feeling of finding somewhere safe, doing a bit of base building and putting up a camp fire as the sun sets... can't beat that.

The base building elements in this mission is ok but not fully free build like say Wasteland is. Wasteland on A3 has been out ages and the simple loading into vehicles and building options are great in my opinion, perfect for an A3 SP experience.

So to my point at last - Is anyone currently working on an Arma 3 mission to include base building, a player needs mechanism and some form of enemy because having spent so much time on the A3 platform it just seems so backward to play A2 now.

Seems that there really is a gap for something like this, I could see it doing really well on the Steam Workshop, perhaps it's just not doable? but surely I mean just takes Saoks mission add player needs mechanism and if poss wasteland building logistics and you would have a really great Arma 3 mission.

(And no if it's really that simple I still couldn't so it myself, I wouldn't know where to begin unfortunately).

All the best, hope the forum and it's users gets back to where we were previously when there were 000's of us and nobody was spamming about crappy free movies.

Here's hoping folks...

Re: Anyone working on anything new for Arma 3 ?

lammy
P.S. perhaps the best thing about Arma 3 which I didn't mention above is the map itself - Altis. It's utterly amazing, all my 500 hrs have been on it and I'm still finding new places now, the sheer volume of detail spread consistently throughout the map continues to amaze me. Sure I have my fav spots etc but genuinely I'm finding new perfect locations for camps / bases on nearly every play though.

Would be such a shame if Altis didn't get a proper apoc SP mission.

Re: Anyone working on anything new for Arma 3 ?

Brado
Yes lammy, I have to agree "Whole Lotta Altis" is a truly excellent mod..

I to am very surprised there hasn't been a Arma 3 Single Player Dayz Follow up.....As for awhile back someone had tried and it wasn't all that bad for how quick it came out.

Why there wasn't a follow up to it i just don't know.

As for Arma 2 there was nearly a new one on youtube every week

Re: Anyone working on anything new for Arma 3 ?

saprykheid
Hopefully one day we will see Breaking Point SP. BP is excellent.
Guys, please post me your complete ArmA 2 command line. I was absent a while, Beta somewhat merged into Steam... I go nuts with ca, cba, expansion etc. in the command line. PLS, complete cmdline *beg beg beg*

Re: Anyone working on anything new for Arma 3 ?

lammy
Like you, I followed the progress of the early attempts for an A3 SP mission eagerly and was also surprised how it seemed to fizzle out. To me this is the only way forward unless of course someone releases a working A2 SP of overpoch / epoch / breaking point, all great MP mods but unless that happens in SP then my future play will only be directed at A3.

I wish I knew how to do it myself I would love a crack at it but I doubt this would be the best point for my modding career to begin!

I would pay someone to do it though - I mean when I was playing the daizy mods from Above and Haleks I would have gladly paid for them because of the hours I got out of them, way more than the original game. So actually yeh why not - here's my offer;

£100 to anyone that can pull this off properly, build this A3 SP mission, give us a stable platform to expand from going forward for anyone to mod from and hopefully reignite the whole Arma SP apocalyptic vision again.

Re: Anyone working on anything new for Arma 3 ?

lammy
Hi Saprykheid,

Sorry My Arma 2 command line would be older than yours now my friend - I would suggest messaging Above, Haleks, Communecode etc as I'm not sure how many people still visit the forums regularly.

Re: Anyone working on anything new for Arma 3 ?

saprykheid
Thx. Its working again, but THIS still gives me numerous script errors in any DayZ mod (of course I change the -mod depending on which DayZ I use):

start /b "" /D "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\arma2oa.exe"  "-mod=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\ArmA 2;EXPANSION;ca" "-mod=@CBA_CO;@Dayz" -nosplash -nologs -showScriptErrors -skipIntro -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7

Re: Anyone working on anything new for Arma 3 ?

saprykheid
As for paying a third party. Keep in mind Breaking Point has be made by someone else, and its not honorable to get paid for editing and releasing other peoples work.

Re: Anyone working on anything new for Arma 3 ?

Haleks
saprykheid wrote
Thx. Its working again, but THIS still gives me numerous script errors in any DayZ mod (of course I change the -mod depending on which DayZ I use):

start /b "" /D "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead\arma2oa.exe"  "-mod=C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common\ArmA 2;EXPANSION;ca" "-mod=@CBA_CO;@Dayz" -nosplash -nologs -showScriptErrors -skipIntro -cpuCount=4 -exThreads=7
Remove "-showScripterrors" ;)

saprykheid wrote
As for paying a third party. Keep in mind Breaking Point has be made by someone else, and its not honorable to get paid for editing and releasing other peoples work.
Well, the BP team wants you to believe they made it from scratch while they're using large portions of the dayz mod... They also use content such as Craig' SP pack without giving credits... Let's say I do not have a kind opinion on these guys : no matter the work they did, they did it wrong.

As for a Arma3 SP mod, I'm working on something, patience guys!
And no need to pay anyone - but donations will be welcome when it is released. ;)

Re: Anyone working on anything new for Arma 3 ?

saprykheid
As for my ArmA 2 problem, I resigned. I cleaned up and reinstall completely, but saved my 7265343 gigs of Addons before ;)

Yeah I know they use stuff. But however. I wouldn't pay someone for creating a 100% derivate of another mod.
BTW, as for ArmA 3, consider using weather scripts! I think weather adds a lot to immersion. Shameless self promotion: tort_DynamicWeather, http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?178674-Dynamic-weather-script-and-addon-tort_DynamicWeather
- thats mine :) It has both, script and addon version.

Re: Anyone working on anything new for Arma 3 ?

lammy
I think it's pretty honourable for me personally to offer a reward for someone to deliver what I'm looking for, I wouldn't expect it for free and as far as I'm concerned everything we have played so far has been derived from arma 2 / day z somewhere along the line.

Haleks - glad to hear you are still working on something along these lines.

The offer stands -£100 to anyone that can deliver as mentioned earlier in the post, lets get this going and hopefully we will have something to build off soon

I will be happily donating to your finished project Haleks and please don't think my off the cuff offer was directed at you, more than happy for you to take your time with your work, I have many hours logged enjoying your previous mods. That said I believe it's also ok for me to also make my request to the general community, you never know someone might come up with something that will benefit us all and I want to keep this alive, in fact I want to push it forward a bit if I can.

Re: Anyone working on anything new for Arma 3 ?

saprykheid wrote
As for my ArmA 2 problem, I resigned. I cleaned up and reinstall completely, but saved my 7265343 gigs of Addons before ;)

Yeah I know they use stuff. But however. I wouldn't pay someone for creating a 100% derivate of another mod.
BTW, as for ArmA 3, consider using weather scripts! I think weather adds a lot to immersion. Shameless self promotion: tort_DynamicWeather, http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?178674-Dynamic-weather-script-and-addon-tort_DynamicWeather
- thats mine :) It has both, script and addon version.
Thanks for the input! I'm already using a weather system (heavily modified, since I'm not quite satisfied with the weather engine in Arma3) - your mod wasn't out yet when I started working on my project, but I sure will try it!
As for the DaiZy releases, I don't have Arma2 installed at the moment (my PC crashed a few weeks ago), but I will take a look at those errors at some point.

About the said project, shouldn't be too long until the release. I had to deal with some changes introduced with the latest Arma3 updates, as well as some issues/glitches that needed to be shwacked.