042c problems

Hello, vehicles in 042c spawns all over the place, we're talking hundreds of cars wherever I go. Am I the only one with this problem? It is a bit annoying.

And if so, is it easy to fix? I love 042c more than sex, and any other pleasure. But this is rather bothering.

Pic http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/515/dwa2.png/

So if anyone has this problem, or knows how to fix it, PLEASE help me. ;p

I love the mod as it is, apart from this little thing.

// Above.

EDIT** I obviously just used this tool to show you the actual problem, I can not screenshot ingame for some reason.

Re: 042c problems

luke
I havent seen this problem yet, (ive played and restarted the game/loaded/saved it over 10 times) and yet to see this issue.

If others note this issue, ill add it to the list of 0.42c bugs

Re: 042c problems

Awww, that's strange, though. It might be because I'm not using the DaiZy launcher (it doesn't work for me anymore, God knows why).

However, I can't think of any reason at all why this would happen to me only. D:

I will try to fuck around with it and see if it works. Thanks for replying man. :-D

Re: 042c problems

kodabar
I haven't seen this either.

Try to take some screenshots in-game, either by running it under Steam (so you can just press F12) or using a utility.

I use Dxtory
http://dxtory.com/

Re: 042c problems

luke
well thats the fun of bugs, but if someone else experiences the same issue, it WILL go on the list...

Re: 042c problems

Thank you both for doing your best to help out. I will go ahead right now and try that tool (I don't use steam for arma). And get some screnies and update here.

Re: 042c problems

I got some screenies, they still doesn't quite cover how many vehicles there are just at NWA. But there's ALOT.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/836/arma2oa2012102220504818.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/211/arma2oa2012102220511109.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/88/arma2oa2012102220521777.png/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/840/arma2oa2012102220525592.png/

*EDIT. Sorry about the shit resolution, my computer can't handle 1920x1080.

Re: 042c problems

kodabar
Administrator
Wow, that's a shitload of vehicles alright. I haven't seen this elsewhere, but I'll have to try and reproduce this. Very curious as to how this creeps in.

PS Don't worry about the resolution, those screenshots are just fine. Thanks for taking the time to do them.

Re: 042c problems

I'm more than happy to apply screenies, esp if it might help me out. Because other than this small (big) problem, 042c just blew my fucking mind.

Re: 042c problems

luke
im at the NWAF at the moment, ill leave it running and see what happens, i havent yet seen any vehicles except the one i bought with me to get here...

Added: i am experiencing a very high spawn rate of zombies here, wow, but no vehicles yet...

Re: 042c problems

Ahhh, sorry. I might've been abit unclear, the reason the vehicles on the map are scattered at NWA only is because I teleported from the place to the right where there are some bandits (always forget the spelling of the town). Straight to NWA. The vehicles keep spawning wherever I go, not only NWA. However I re-downloaded the mission file, I'm testing now to see if that fixes it.

Update* I re-downloaded + re-installed. And the problem seem to still be there. I've not played for as long as before, but about 10+ vehicles have spawned by now.

Update2* Yup, vehicles are still spawning like mad around me. Just FYI, I'm playing on DaiZy+_v[Rz0], and 042c ofc.

I really wish I could fix this, because it will eventually lag me down. :D And it looks fishy.

Re: 042c problems

zedhunter
Yes indeed, the parking lot problem is very real. The mission file has hotzones defined in it. When you leave the airfield hotzone, presumably to buy smokes in Stary, then come back, more cars randomly spawn again! It is possible to be loitering around a hotzone edge and have it go off a lot. This is pretty easily fixed, but I think unknown may be pulling the mod in a direction that obviates this fix. I would be willing to do a hotfix for lots of stuff like this, but I am trying to get a hold of unknown first. It's his mod. I'm new here.

ZH

Re: 042c problems

Thanks for the reply, I appriciate it. :3

I'm playing 042b Lingor mainly atm. I didn't manage to trigger the same bug so it's cool. Even tho barracks seem to spawn firestation loot. x')

But I'm having tons of fun. :-)