how to make maps, weapons etc?

Deanosaurus_Rex
So I was wondering how I would make a map, or weapon for dayz, and what I would need to do it.
I just felt that it would be cool to give it a try.

As an example of a weapon, suggested by the zombie survival guide, and can use NATO 5.56 rounds
 http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ruger_Mini-14

And I thought I'd consider making a UK based map

Re: how to make maps, weapons etc?

Snuggly Overlord
Do you have any modelling history? (design modelling)

If not its not going to be a pleasant time modelling and designing, I tried it once, nearly broke everything in the house out of rage.

But, if you really want to give it a crack you need to use Oxygen: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1901 to make guns, cars, skins and the like.

Then, to make maps, you need Visitor 3: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=1907

Finally, read these: http://www.armaholic.com/plug.php?e=faq&cid=9 (Go to tutorials)

Then, if you havent punched your computer, and managed to produce something even half good I would love to see it.

But hey, you have my faith and my support (dont ask me how to use them, as I said, im not that good)

Thanks

Re: how to make maps, weapons etc?

Deanosaurus_Rex
I tried GMAX once. made a swirly thing on an undulating plane, oh and an aeroplane made of boxes...
So I'm going to give it a go, and I'll probably give up and then come back to it in two months and make something passable. I'll see how it goes for now :p