good news! 1.7.3 is out!

FoxDIE
This post was updated on .
for those who dont check the site evry hour or just dind't espect any update before standalone...here it is!  enjoy folks! would really like a 38b for 1.7.3 =D

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/103658-build-173-rolling-update/

update: Yes its looks like the single player is now unlock Dayz_sp!
Between the most espected changes ( i guess) is the delay dead animation for infecteds! i really want to see this jeje but the complete list sounds good to me!

Re: good news! 1.7.3 is out!

DayZ_SP
I just updated via Six Updater and I might be seeing things, but...

It looks like Rocket put the Single Player option back in the main menu???

If so, this means we don't have to port any of our maps, previous or W.I.P!

It might be a glitch and he might pull the files, so get it NOW if you can...

Re: good news! 1.7.3 is out!

DayZ_SP
UPDATE:

I can confirm the SP menu option has been restored.

I double checked my deskstop shortcut and all files to make sure I wasn't pointing to "DaiyZ" and sure enough, DayZ 1.7.3 has the SP option back in the main menu!

I just played a few minutes on the map I just released (42c w/ Kron's Original Cheat GUI) and everything works fine. Even the Right-Click GUI bug is gone per the release notes.

The new combat system is cool and it makes entering into combat (against Zeds and people) a tactical decision now with real consequences. Hopefully this will help with the rampant PVP that has taken over the mod and keep people from exploiting the log out function whenever they are about to die.

This will probably not effect the AI Bandits & Survivors at all, but it ups the stakes for human players even in the SP mode by default...

Re: good news! 1.7.3 is out!

Niceonegunit
Perhaps this was intended?

Anyway, thank god. Now zombies die once you shoot them, instead of waiting a few seconds, maybe getting a cheap shot on you (which has been the cause of my death many times), before dieing.

Dunno about the combat thing, I rarely attack other playrs, I'm a passive, friendly survivor if you wish to call it that. The hero skin is great, it helps dealing with hostile new spawns and allows for quick getaways.
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: good news! 1.7.3 is out!

FoxDIE
hello there, the combat thing, i think you dont get what really is, this is for prevent a player who is screw to abort, when you are in "combat" mode you wont be able to abort, if you desconect your character will be there the time the combat mode make he stay in that world  xD thats what i undestand, i think its a greath idea! and the new animations looks just aswome!

And yes Dayz_SP your last update works better than before for me, because now animation for survivors,bandits its no longer a problem! =D

Re: good news! 1.7.3 is out!

DayZ_SP
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: good news! 1.7.3 is out!

FoxDIE
interesting....i hope the make the right call, meaning this a decent SP, yes, i understand sp would never....blabla we all know, also i get that the strong  side shine in the MP experience, but its just nonsense to me a game no to have offline mode.... i know IA its no near to human in a game like this when choices are all around, need to make "instinct calls", but dont even have the i the choice of playing when cannot connect...let it be decent, and when i want to i can heart you and see you are right, the mp experience its your masterpiece! but still having the option of playing offline, because sometimes just you can't play other way, so must be online or nothing??? why? they can make stable IA , as long as no body whant to change the soul of the project, why not?  any way, this update its just awsome! they make a really good work! i just get overrun in a house, when get to comfortable with an AK out side cherno after killing some survivor who really surprise me (other way i woud killed him! =D )..... its that mix of  metal gear, silent hill and resident evil, you can get a really good gear, you are alone, and there are much more infecteds than bullets, now with greath animations make everything more realistic!

Re: good news! 1.7.3 is out!

DayZ_SP
Well, now that 1.7.3 has been out for a while, here are my thoughts on where I believe this mod is headed.
Remember, I am *not* a part of Zed Hunter, or Unknowns team. I just "dabble" with modding and releasing things I feel are fun, and/or help the SP experience. So, take my opinion with a heavy grain of salt, but don't discount it entirely, either

It is obvious Rocket and company are finalizing (optimizing) the code to get ready for the stand alone release. They are also trying to combat the hackers and script kiddies at the same time and this means fixing bugs and closing exploits... Some of what helped make SP Daizy what it currently is, ironically.

A lot of custom DaiyZ functions do not work correctly in this current release and I expect this to continue, unfortunately. One alternative is we can stay with 1.7.2.6 -- like some official DayZ mods have e.g. Lingor, Fallujah, etc. -- And it doesn't really matter if we need to release modified code modules (dayz_code; dayz_anim, etc), either. However, the main problem is these releases will be "frozen" at this level where there are still a lot of bugs. 1.7.3 is better optimized (at least on my machine) compared to 1.7.2.6, and a lot of the major bugs have in fact been fixed by Rocket and the DayZ community at large. Again, improvements like this are probably going to continue until the stand alone is released.

Therefore, it pains me to say this,  but *I* feel this mod may have hit its peak because the more Rocket improves things the harder it will be to get certain features working the way they should because SP is basically one big "hack" already.

So, where does that leave everybody?

Well, like I keep saying, DaiyZ should never be a substitute for DayZ and instead a supplement to online DayZ.

Remember, SP appeals to two camps: Those who want as close to an online experience they can get only in SP, and those who want total freedom where they can do things they can't do online like spawn jeeps, tanks and fighter jets. Both groups have their place, and I tend to move back and forth between those extremes depending on my mood as well.

Right now, though, I have given up on trying to make a traditional SP experience (Helo insertions, extractions) and am concentrating on bringing some of the things developed for SP into the LAN realm of DayZ to promote more team work and CO-OP play than the mod currently has online.

An example is a team of human survivors vs. not just the Zeds, but the AI Bandits Unknown & Zed Hunter developed specifically for SP. It's the blending of these two arenas that is driving me because this is what the original ArmA 2 simulation is all about, ironically.

So, I'm not trying to rain on anybody's parade, or promote Doom and Gloom for DaiyZ. If you are happy with it, that's all that counts. Seriously. That's what gaming is all about.

I am just relaying what *I* see is currently happening given the latest release and the imminent arrival of the stand alone. This is also why I am focusing on MP, now, since this is where I believe the greatest contributions DaiyZ and its SP components can have the greatest impact.

I believe these elements can be used to provide a radically different version of the MP experience for those who are sick of the "every man for himself" mentality that has taken over DayZ. The underlying irony is Rocket developed the original DayZ concept to mimic real life military survival training since the military is the one who promotes team work the most, yet that concept ("leave no man behind") has gone out the window in favor of the CoD kids who flocked to DayZ, and their lame Kill/Death ratios.