f7 - Drag and drop "modules"

benevolentdevil
 I still say , being able to create "modules" for missions ( like those found in editor under "f7" key ) would be benificial.

 Like say a "module" if placed on the map ... randomly generates loot in buildings just like dayz , automatically.  No matter the map, it "seeks" the correct buildings and positions, and fills the map with loot ... or even only generates when getting close say 500M of buildings, ect...)

 A Module that automatically sets up the "survivor" player models , does the loading and game switching to a playable "survivor".

 A module that controls if you want zombies, or if they walk or run.
 A Module that adds in extras like faster zombies, tougher zombies ... ect.

A module that randomly generates more "towns" than the takistan looking ones. ( generate camps, forts, bases, depots , road blocks , ect ... )
 A module that randomly generates ai missions ...
A module that randomly places AI bandits and such around.
A Module that places "traders" and some currency system in ...

A module that could add in more weapons.
A module to add in different weapons.
A module that strips all weapons down to just basic types ...

 With Modules, I think the possibilities and customizing the game mission almost unlimited.

 The reason I say this ... one could open up latest DayZ 1.9.0 ( or whatever it is now) in the editor , place a unit, place modules ... and be able to fully customize the experience , not needing to know how to code, edit scripts ... ect,  AND have latest dayz code to go off of , so any new features, or features like base building can be done.

 Modules I think was intended for these purposes ... just no one seemed to do them, until Ravage in Arma3 ...

 I don't know how to make modules myself , but I figure there are some here , that might know how.

Re: f7 - Drag and drop "modules"

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: f7 - Drag and drop "modules"

benevolentdevil
Exactly!

 If a "module" say for instance, can "populate' takistan, or Zargabad , or Chernarus with civilians , civilian vehicles, and animals  ( though those don't work on every "map" I've found) ...

 Why cannot the same principles be used to "populate" with loot, bandits, random vehicles, helio/c-130 crashes) ...
 Why cannot automatically set up a "survivor" for any playable character ... so if you want a simple SP survival mission you can, or if you want to set up a few "playable units" so you can do a PVE Co-OP with survival ... you can?

 Why not have modules to simply drag onto a editor mission ... and make it easy to customize what you want as far as weapons go ...
 If you only want pistols and shotguns in the DayZ experience , no DMRs, no CZs , no m24s, no m4/m16s , no AKs ... ect ... why not?

  What I'm saying is ... useing Modules as such, makes it easier to make custom missions, or it COULD make it easier.

 Like right now, instea dof having to de-pbo and mess with code, configs and scripts ... I could open "stalker mod" , open the editor ... place down a unit ( because it's required in editor) , drop in the "DayZ survival module"  ... and Boom, it covers my needs for a "Stalker-play" survival mission by about 85% done.

 It MIGHT even be possible to "module" or make one, that automatically infuses modular building systems and parts like epoch has.  ( The MGB Creationism is done that way, so why not epoch bases and parts? ) Or the Origins housing/storage ... Or Any "base building" type system, even if it was a "deploy tent/camp fire barrel, wire fencing and tank traps" pre-made like "camps"?

 So if you wanted Zombies ... you could have a module that inlcudes zombies.
If you want Walking Zombies, you have  a module that does just walking Zombies.
A Module to control how "tough zombies are" ... one hit, half blood gone?  Or takes 3-4 head-shots to "kill" ...

 Or if you didn't want Zombies ... AI of course, or both.
OR is you wanted to try your luck against a pure survival in an Alien invasion ... , instead of Zombies ... it spawns Zetaborns , DZAI missions with Zetas ... ect.
 Or Predators ... or, ... what ever is offered out there.

 I think if done right ... it'd open up many doors of possibilities ... not just SP wise either.

 The whole "problem" of Arma2 DayZ mods , was usually being "stuck" with content provided, not a true customization experience.  Or you were "stuck" with what ever a Server offered, even if you didn't like somethings, but liked others ...
 I think , the lack of customization experiences ... along with no true "end game" , is what led to player boredom , which led to seeking PvP "thrills" , made popular by youtube celebs playing the game.

( I had this idea before ... but Koda kinda said it'd be a lot of work, and not as fluid/easy as Arma3 Ravage ones.

 But ,... I hadn't tried Markus' "Raccon City" mod yet ... however, I was a fan of "Resident Evil" games way back in the day on PS-1 console ... I'm not sure about more modern RE games , but I thought ...
if there was an Easy way to use DayZ "survival/medical" , easy way to more customize "zombies/infected" , and easy way to spawn in appropriet weapons and ammo ...
An arma2 Resident Evil mod would be kinda fun to play both SP and MP ... but have it have actual guidelines/missions to do ... it's you vrs the infected, and Umbrella Corp ...ect.

 However, it's NOT simply so easy to create such "missions" , nor adjust Mods ... if you are like me, and don't have Klaycuss' skill and knowledge to do so.