Zombie Behavior

Thomas
Hi,

So I have been working on editing the zombie behavior. I am currently trying to see what it would be like to have more zombies that were slower. I'm using pbomanager and have been editing the @Daizy folder. I tried to edit the dayz_code compile/control_zombieAgent.sqf file. It shows that the change is made in the file but in game there is no effect. Any ideas? Is there somewhere else I should be editing as well?

Thanks!

Re: Zombie Behavior

Haleks
the mission file itself, maybe?

Re: Zombie Behavior

Thomas
Yeah that's a good thought. I've done a few additional things to check and see what is going on. The mission file uses it's init.sqf to reference the addons files (generally installed under@daizy). The addon for zombie behavior then is references in compile.spf (which loads the control_zombieAgent.sqf). I set their force run speed to 1 instead of 6 but it doesn't change. Oddly enough other changes to several other files work, including a reduction in zombie period. The movement speed of zombie must be some where else but I cannot find it.

For those who are interested I am using pbomanager to look at the files and dragging them out of the program to change them when need be.

Re: Zombie Behavior

Thomas wrote
Yeah that's a good thought. I've done a few additional things to check and see what is going on. The mission file uses it's init.sqf to reference the addons files (generally installed under@daizy). The addon for zombie behavior then is references in compile.spf (which loads the control_zombieAgent.sqf). I set their force run speed to 1 instead of 6 but it doesn't change. Oddly enough other changes to several other files work, including a reduction in zombie period. The movement speed of zombie must be some where else but I cannot find it.

For those who are interested I am using pbomanager to look at the files and dragging them out of the program to change them when need be.

I'm not sure why it's not working for you. But an alternative would be to download an addon for zombie animations (I think there's some that slows the zeds down) and implement it in the mission.

Re: Zombie Behavior

Thomas
Thanks that's a great idea. I just barely figured out what was going on. As it turns out I needed to edit the zombie_agent.fsm file as well as the .sqf file. They were in different locations so I never saw the .fsm file. The fsm is a visual format that needs different software as well. Long story short, it works if you edit both files for me, although some suggest you just need one (perhaps different versions or something). Thanks for all the help.