Working Tutorial ofReal Survival Pack

benevolentdevil
This post was updated on .
 Rachel requested a working mission to show what Real Survival Pack should be doing when using it.

 I threw this together in one afternoon here.
survTraining on Utes

 You need Real Survival Pack mod from armaholic:
RSP adon/mod
and you need CBA addons enabled:
CBA for arma2 for your version

- Please keep in mind, this is very , very "simple" mission , and very simple showcasing of the mod's assets.

- It ONLY showcases a "survival" element , that isn't based on DayZ mod code/scripting.

- You will need "windows keys" left and right to access the RSP menus.  If you do not have the "windows keys" ( located near the ctrl/alt keys) , you will need to rebind the proper keys.
 I don't know how to do that, I have the windows keys , but the documentation in in RSP mod on key codes and how to do it.
 ( Or if you have ACE2 enabled it uses the ACE menu keys instead.)

The Mission here is on Utes, I just picked a small map everyone had.

 At first I started out trying to use triggers and info signs to describe what to do , and how.  But, ... grrr Arma2.  The trigger info text started bugging out ... I guess there's a limit on how many arma2 will properly display.

 So, I put all important info on the map itself.  Go into map screen, you can see notes on the left, and places/locations to go to on the right across the Island.

 There are no enemies ... and I did not include any random "loot spawns" in this one, because I wanted to keep it simple , easy to understand , and get it done fast.
  Once you find all the things, do everything ... it's quite a boring "mission", and only intended to show how things are done.

Hint-  when you cut your wood, carry it to the Camp location.
Hint- some animals give lots of cut meat , you only need 1 or two pieces.
Hint- You can't cook meat , with-out empty cans.  Look in the box at the camp.
Hint- get close to the Timbers pile , and blue barrels to use the menu.

Hint- Running makes thirst/hunger go up faster, than if you walk.  Other factors also increase/decrease the values , temperature, weather, terrain , and time of day.

Hint do not get "dehydrated" , IV bags I think are bugged/don't work.

If too hungry, or too thirsty, you will pass out.  More often as you get closer to 100% , at 100% you will die.
----------------------------------

 If you want to know how it was done , please feel free to open up the mission and look in the editor, and looking at the scripts .sqf files.
 There are only two files packed in the .pbo.
- mission.sqf
- init.sqf.

I hereby grant permission to use as you want/desire.  I did not make any of the mods/addons, I just figured out how to properly make them work.
 I am not one that is "stingy" with anything, feel free to use as desired.

Re: Working Tutorial ofReal Survival Pack

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Working Tutorial ofReal Survival Pack

benevolentdevil
 The next one I do , will add in the MGB construction mod too.
 I need to fully test MGB though, and see if glitches are caused by other addons, or if that was a fluke adding it to daiZy made missions.

 There are parts in MGB I don't like on it's menu , I'm hoping to be able to change some of that via a config file or something.

 That was, like you said , adding more to regular missions , making them more interesting/dynamic.

 Adding "survival" , things needed to be maintained -
 adding some form of base building/fortification -  Could be interesting in many ways.  Defending from wandering patrols , protect your assets from wandering "bandits" ... or just being able to design your own "house", have your own "safe spot" to store things and return to later ...

I'd rather use a better construction system, but right now MGB is all I know thats drop in ready.  And of course, the option not to use it is always there.

 ---------------------

Yes my example/tutorial mission is small/tiny ... it has bare-bones what's needed to experience the RSP system.
 It can be opened in the editor, to give insight on what was used.  I could have made things a tad more "fancy" by global scripts called from external scripts , but that would leave anyone with-out knowledge of how to do that in the dark.  So I kept it as simple as I possibly could; easy to learn, easy to copy/paste ...

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Working Tutorial ofReal Survival Pack

benevolentdevil
 I am wondering one thing with RSP though ... if it effects NPCs the same as "players" ...

 I've not been able to test this , but it wouldn't do much good if your enemy Ai drop over from thirst/hunger hahahaha!

 I don't think it'd effect anyone but "players" , I do think it's effect runs to "playable units" ( like you spawn a group  with a leader, and able to "switch" units in your "group").
 But I am not 100% certain of that either way.

 if it does effect NPCs/AI ... just by chance, I'll have to figure out script code to specifically negate that , only effecting "players"/playable units.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Working Tutorial ofReal Survival Pack

benevolentdevil
I think ACE does , but not sure.

 RSP does have a "clean up" script going removing dead bodys, meat cuts and things like that.

 I'm fairly sure RSP just effects the players/playable units by how I set up the Init.sqf , if not I know how to fix it , just to effect the players.

Testing, testing, more testing hahaha!