What I think of Payday 2's newest update. Update #11.

What I think of Payday 2's newest update. Update #11.

Niceonegunit
I've been playing this game for quite awhile now, and after a couple hours or so of Update #11, I think i'd better share some thoughts on it.

This is assuming you've played and/or own Payday 2. If you do not, then you probably won't understand some of the references here.

Making Overkill harder was a good idea. Overkill was too easy and you got too much from it, espicially being the 'hardest' difficulty and what not.

But to counter how easy it was, Overkill Software decides six bulldozers at once and having normal, unarmoured pistol-wielding cops kill Enforcers in 4 hits is 'fun and difficult'. It is none of those things.

There's 'difficulty' and then there's 'artificial difficulty'.

Here is a definition of artificial difficulty.
"Fake or Artificial difficulty is sometimes used to refer to the raising of enemy stats without improving their AI or giving them new abilities."
It's almost like that definition was MADE with this game in mind. Artificial difficulty is not fun, and does not make the game enjoyable. Armored and unarmoured cops deal shittons of damage now, reducing the toughest armor down to 3 hits. 3 hits before the Enforcer's armor breaks. That's not fun, that's stupid.

There is no reason for them to deal 3x MORE DAMAGE THAN PLAYERS.

You expect be able to use your skills as a gamer to beat whatever challenges the game throws at you. If the challenges require a lot of skill, the game is hard to win. If it doesn't require much skill, it should be an easy game, right?

Wrong. An easy game can be very hard due to artificial difficulty. The AI was not improved at all. All they did was buff the damage cops deal, and reduce the damage we deal. It also reduces the punishment we can take. It's retarded.

This game is hard, but for all the wrong reasons...
DaiZy Single-player Developer (AI Units)

Re: What I think of Payday 2's newest update. Update #11.

zeemal
Haleks, that's perfect. I understand exactly what to do now and fixed the problems, except that now there's a new one. Every time I start up operation arrowhead I get the error "Error creating Direct3D 9 Graphical engine" and the game won't launch... I think if we were able to fix that, everything else would work as its supposed to.
zeemal