Well, I'm done here I think ...

benevolentdevil
 Just can't get the SP experience to have the things I want in a Sp DayZ play.

 I can't update the SP mod to latest DayZ code, can't add in base building , or even simple fortification ...
Can't edit whats already here, cause then it breaks, doesn't load in , or crashes ...

 I've played almost everything here, and some gotten off russian sites ... while those are decent , they either lack content I want, or add in content I don't like.

 with Arma2 having no support, no content creators around making mods you can use , no scripting gurus left or willing to help ... SP is limited to whats already been done, and widely forgotten about.

 It was a good decent run , I found alot of decent mods and missions here ... but sadly, none would hold my interest long , or I'd find things that just didn't work well or be very game breaking eventually.
  I just couldn't ever find that "perfect" mission/scenario combo with the SP mods.

 I'm just not savvy enough to edit and improve things ... and feel like I can't contribute anything.

 So, ... I'm about to delete all the daizy content I've gathered ... go through, clean up my arma2 Oa folders, and downloads ...

 I'll be moving onto arma3 , as it looks like SP wise, I can somewhat custom tailor play and experiences with it, as everything I've looked for for arma2 that wasn't made, went extinct, or available, seems to have been done in Arma3.

 DaiZy was great for it's time I guess.  Better than no SP version of dayz mods for arma2 for sure.
You can -somewhat- get the dayz experience out of it ... if quite a bit outdated, and heavy handed with the AI in place of KOS players ... for most the available mods/missions here.

 All in all, I had some fun checking it all out, some frustrations in playing some of these, lol ...
But I found, I lacked knowledge and skills needed to truly custom craft my own version of "daZy perfection" ... , of such I had high hopes, but found loads of disappointment in myself for my lack of know how.

 I've gotten tired of hitting that wall on my end.
 Just time to give up , and move on is all.

Re: Well, I'm done here I think ...

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Well, I'm done here I think ...

benevolentdevil
I'm just aggravated at DaiZy SP a bit ...

 Some of this stuff content is simply "outdated" ... latest vanillia DayZ , has tons of fixes and features these DaiZy mods don't have.
 Also adds in zero Buildings and updated map contents ...

 Even the 1.8.0.3 version ... lacks most the stuff that makes Vanillia dayZ good.

 But I'm even more frustrated on why I can't make my own DaiZy missions , with content I want in em ... and it work.
 It's like ... no matter what, I hit a wall there somewhere.

 Then interesting ones made by the Russian guys ... , while neat to try ... are always AI "heavy" , and get overly complicated/grindy.

Basic bland or "plain" arma2 OA , is very ... crappy in many ways.
 Of course there's ACE mods ... but I hate ACE , while it does allow for more features ... it too just add in alot of over-complicated stuff.  It also, reverts your OA inventory, to the crappy basic Arma2 inventory screen.  It's a very heavy running mod as well ... it bogs down systems like mine , because it's got to continuously calculate the ACE balistics and positions systems.
 Then there's dayZ mods ... which if you stripped away all the zombie/infected portions, would be a better "system" to run most things on ...
 Even simple things, like getting shot ... In dayZ, your guy doesn't run around whimpering, or saying " F'hk that hoorts" every two minutes.  In dayz they bleed, giving indication you need to bandage. It has the "blood" so you kind of know how much you are hurt/damaged ...
 DayZ has actual usable bandages that go in your inventory ... no scripts to add more action menu promps so it's a mile long ...
 DayZ also has increased capacity backpacks, and works on all "skins" with that.
 Even things as simple as flashlights, chemlights ( that are decently bright) , and road flares are great in dayZ ... the only other mod you can use for some of that is ACE , and ace sux in arma2 ... chemlights in Ace are pale, and don't illuminate well at all.  No road flares in ACE, the flares you shoot in the air also pale ...
 there's always been flashlights on weapons , but if you don't want NVGs in your mission , making the dark be ... well hard , spooky, and dark ... , you are stuck with two or three arma made weapons with lights on them.
 Lighting fires, creating a campfire anywhere, instead of a static location ... also great DayZ addition.

 The food/water parts ... thats ok.   I think thats the part of dayZ i dislike the most ... because it's intrusive , and both run out fairly fast , so it's more like spamming a continuous search for food/drinks , than it is "survival".
  But even so, it does add in ... something extra you do have to keep an eye on, and do.

Dayz also places Tents with configured inventory thats usable ...
DayZ's medical system beats the overly complicated and crummy ACE medical system ( some which is still dependent on someone playing a medic character), and by far more advanced and better than vanilla arma2 medic systems ... which is very crappy and absolute "medic" dependent) ...

 Just so much potential for other uses, than just dayz ... something that would help flesh out any other kind of arma2 play and missions as well ...

But it's way beyond my capability to use it as such.
 I get frustrated and bored , playing the SP mods ... because they become very rinse and repeat. Once you can collect up weapons and ammo , and gain your own food and water ... you basically have it licked , your only real "fear" then is random AI patrols ... usually the flying kind being the most problematic.

  It's kind of hard to swallow at times ... especially when you search Armaholic for easy to use " substitutes" for Arma2 to put together something half ass fun ... all you find is content removed, outdated , half finished ... or just doesn't work for what you need ...
  and you see EVERYTHING you are searching for for Arma2 , was done and made for Arma3 ... talk about easy, plug and play there.

 And if you ask for help ... for arma2 , you get shitty "answers" , some say " use the search function" , or "Google is your friend" ... as if you are a dummy, and didn't try that first.
 Others will point to the BIS wiki, and scripting advanced pages ... which means little if you are not a programmer or understand what you are looking at.  Or some random shit post on , "just play multiplayer" , or " that kind of script is owned by ... whomever/whatever , you don't get to have access to it. "  Or, those that have left arma2 way behind ... and don't want to be bothered with helping for arma2 anymore.

 So, with no way to move forward ... cause I'm not Klaycuss or Olive , I don't have thier knowledge or talent ... , I don't even know how to get started there ...
I just don't think there's anything left for me as far as SP goes.  And I can't play MP because my internet is crappy ... so, I'm stuck ...

 I'm so picky with video games , I'm not one of those people that will go play Rust ... or some other aggravating educed "survival simulation" , I'm not so brain dead I think games like CS:GO, PubG, and fortnight are fun or cool ... , I actually like very few games to be honest.
arma2 was cool, when I could get online ... rent my own server to play Epoch and wasteland on.  Run in small Co-Op "missions" ... but I can't anymore on that, so I just feel ... stuck+bored+ aggravated.

Re: Well, I'm done here I think ...

Eric the Viking
I got to this point a couple of years ago. I have played pretty much every working mod here, some more enjoyable than others but all (if only briefly) scratched the DayZ itch.

As I couldn't make a SP mod to save my life I "cheat" and create a server; used the latest DayZ, Epoch 1.0.6.2 or even the server "packs" I've mentioned before.

I toyed with Arma 3: Using Exile as the base I created version of DayZ on Sahrani, Esseker, Bormholm, Lingor and Chernarus, of course, to name a few. The closest I ever came to a truly immersive experience was on Esseker (Exile, Ryans Zombies (hordes as well) plus missions, roaming AI (foot, vehicle, air). Because the Esseker map was designed to be post apocalyptic from the ground up, it was incredibly atmospheric.

They've all been fun but they miss the dynamism that can only be created by player interaction - saints and sinners alike.

I remember I once said here in the forums that I didn't find survival for the sake of survival enjoyable or entertaining. What a noob I was. Now days I consider Oliv82's 1987 Chernarus mod to be one of the best, if not the the best, mod for DayZ Arma 2 around. I think we could all say there's things we'd like to see added to make it perfect for us (our preference, our game play style) as individuals - but the core mechanics are PVE perfection. To enhance that experience we have to have risk, place a value on our character, maybe role-play a little, set objectives.

Anyway, that's my .02 cents and I respect your feelings and thoughts on the experience.

Re: Well, I'm done here I think ...

benevolentdevil
To be honest ... I'm not sure why epoch has to run server and client side ... the only real thing I see server side is anti-cheat , and database ...
You don't need either of those, SP ...  and alot could be "cut out" thats not necessary for SP , like plot pole management, upkeep of bases ...

 But, is what it is.

I too rented a server for epoch when that worked for me.  It's less a computer issue as it is my internet provider regarding online play.
  I'd normally keep it passworded/private ... only letting handful of people play on it ...  We didn't exactly PvE always ... mostly you never ran into anyone else playing, occasionally you'd stumble onto a vehicle or base they made.  Most the players were those just tired of bandit clans , or the usual run of the mill things that happened commonly on public servers ...  , less about the KOS aspects, as opposed to game wreckers whom used exploits and did things outside the spirit of the game.
 I didn't get the fancy 'admin tools' ... so I did everything legit on it.   Part of why I did that, cause I enjoyed the NAPF map in Epoch, and very few servers actually used NAPF at the time.

  Olive's 1987 Wasteland is one of my favorites out of the lot ... but it's not as optimized or refined as his Factions 1987 DaiZy version.
  The Wasteland one , is devoid of zombies ... it's got Civilians , some sort of reputation system I'm still trying to figure out ... uses cash money drops from kills, has some traders in it.
 It only really lacks any form of fortification/base building , and ability to be played on maps other than Chernarus ...  Sometimes the AI gets buggy in it , it's almost like enemies forget what faction they are on, changing skins messes up the factions and reputation  , and my most hated aspect ... AI spawning almost right on top of you all of a sudden.

 Another one , that is kind of a neat , no zombie on is Day of Survival ... it's just a tad "outdated" in some ways.  I Know one mission in it that's broken , or bugged out in it. It doesn't ruin the game I don't think, I normally ignore that "fix the electrical grid" mission anyways.
  I was able to add the EU addon from Epoch , and the DayZero buildings from latest DayZ code ... opening up quite a few more buildings to be enter-able, not all just more.  But I hadn't found :
 Toolbox, Etool, hatchet, crowbar, or matches ... not sure if those are spawning in ... I did find some vehicle parts , so i am sure the industrial stuff is working ...

 This last run ( I'm playing it currently now) ... I've encountered more AI than ever before.  Part of that -could be- my fault ... I shot and killed a COP at the time I could barely see him ... wasn't sure if he was the AI shooting at me or not, so I popped him ...
I couldn't remember out of all these I played, if there was a friendly or semi-friendly faction of AI ... but I'm fairly sure almost all AI in DoS are enemies to you.
  May be just random chances ... but I was in a fairly smaller town , got into a decent fight, there were 8 Ai roaming around , usually in pairs or in threes in different parts.
 Even smaller town I just left , I got into it with 5 more ...
 I was poking my way up to Polana factory , and first time ever ... there was a AI sniper on the roof of the factory!  I shot him , he had a buddy in the compound behind him ... and there was an AI outside somewhere shooting a suppressed weapon , I never did find or locate ...  I've even found some of these AI , inside the buildings ... , which is something you normally do not see in these DaiZy mods ... Most are outside/wallhuggers/zig-zag sprinters.
 DoS doesn't look to have a "kill counter" ... I have no idea how many Ai I've blasted to this point, way more than I normally encounter I think, and survive that is.
Usually when I play DoS or 1987 wasteland ... I will die from some AI group spawn right on top of me, they full auto point blank before fully rendered in , or so fast you can't react ... not that it helps when you get shot up heavy getting all herky-jerky from the shots.

 But I find them somewhat fun ... a tad disappointing Olive made the wasteland, but didn't put as much into it as the other factions with zombies version.
DoS ... like I said, is very "outdated" in many ways.  Most the things like eating/drinking is done via the action menu ... not like the dayz inventory system/ui ... some things are just uber difficult to find in DoS ... I still hadn't gotten a map, or any of the tools needed, besides the hunting knife.

I like them a bit better than zombie/infected "survival" , mostly because I find those to just be aggravating annoyances.

Re: Well, I'm done here I think ...

benevolentdevil
Well, this is a prime example of aggravation...

Day of Survival ... so ALL I did was add in some addons to open up more buildings.  There was no messing with the mission file, nothing but forcing arma2 to open up more buildings...

 however ... doing so, caused almost all industrial and military loot not to spawn.

 Oddly enough ... trash and very rarely something like flares, a waterbottle, or food would spawn in the "new buildings" ...

 I played through about 3 hours ... not seeing empty garage bays, knowing barns should be spawning loot ...
 barns did some, but no hatchets ... mostly it was 2 shot shells for double barrels and woodpiles.

  WHY???  Why did a simple addition "break" the mission?

 I'm about to try and add the addons to Olive's wasteland_1987 mod ... see if it breaks those spawns too ...

Re: Well, I'm done here I think ...

benevolentdevil
UPDATE-
Olives wasteland 1987  I was able to add the Zero Buildings addons just fine, everything seems to spawn correctly , however I don't think any loot spawns in the new opened buildings ... which isn't much of a bother , I just like being able to have more open areas to go into.

 I found another big gripe of mine while testing/playing ... getting infected!  It's almost like my character has no immunity system at all!
  I've said it before ... getting cold doesn't make you sick.

 Hypothermia causes bodily shut down, frostbite causes damage ... the next step is asphyxiation/freezing solid ... being cold though, doesn't cause infection alone.
  But, I think I was getting sick from water ... I had totally missed the part where water could be boiled ... my first fire I didn't get the option, cause I wasn't holding empty tin can.

But ... infected bloodbags???  With no way to test bloodbags  , i find that a bit cheap , especially when you are counting on a full heal up.
 It's not game breaking ... but just aggravating really.

 But glad the slight building improvements worked.

Re: Well, I'm done here I think ...

Rachel-gamer(gaming and more).
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Well, I'm done here I think ...

benevolentdevil
ZeroBuildings addons I found in the latest dayZ 1.9.0 or later ... just open your actual DayZ mod folder , it should have :
"dayzcode.pbo"
"dayzcommunityassets.pbo"
"dayzsomethingelse.pbo"
"dayzsomethingelse.pbo"
"zerobuildings.pbo"
"zerobuildingsworkaround.pbo"
 I simply copy/pasted them, into the addons folder of the mission mods I was playing.  You want these two:
"zerobuildings.pbo"
"zerobuildingsworaround.pbo"

 I think you could do it with LoD , it gives more houses and more open buildings, still has many closed off ...
 But for instance ... the little red houses has kin dof a lean-to "car-port" on one side, the other has stairs going up to a door? , well it's opened up ...
 Hospital now has back-rooms and upstairs.  Some of the sheds/garages are opened ...
Train station has an interior ...
 There was one residential "wood house/cabin" already opened , and others that looked similar closed ... well, it opens up those  other woodhouses/cabins now.

 _ Warning full disclosure_  ...
 adding the Zero Buildings MIGHT mess up loot spawns ... in Day of Survival, it made all industrial and military loot not spawn in, but food/drinks, and other minor things did.
 However, in Olive's Wasteland 1987 it simply opened up the buildings ... did not mess up any normal loot spawns.

 I think maybe because DoS mission/mod was coded differently than actual DayZ/DaiZy , but I am not sure.  I noticed when I changed DoS before to Chernarus winter, that messed up the spawns too, even though all the building position codes are exactly the same as regular chernarus.

 In Olive's Wasteland mod/mission ... I do not think any loot spawns in the new open buildings, but does just fine in all the normal buildings.

 I don't know if it is compatible with LoD or not to be honest.

 the Zerobuildings addons, was one reason I had been begging for someway to "update" Daizy SP to the latest Dayz mods/code , more interiors+ loot spawns ... and of course, base building back in lol.

CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: Well, I'm done here I think ...

benevolentdevil
yeah, you can get latest Dayz mod from DayzLauncher ... the addons are in there.

I forgot you don't have a steam copy ... sorry.

Re: Well, I'm done here I think ...

Eric the Viking
The latest versions of DayZ mod can always be found here.

If you plan to create a server then grab the server file one as it contains the client files. Don't forget the mission file either ;)